• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Discussion Thread (Question of the Day, Countdown, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plum

What if it's a crazy collaboration with Nintendos IP and some third party? That would be in the "weird" category if it's like Kid Icarus X Bioshock lol

That could be possible.

Dark Souls X Metroid
Call of Duty X Splatoon
Capcom Vs. Nintendo
Dante and Bayonetta's Wacky Adventures
Hatsune Miku Project Diva: Mario Mix

The possibilities are endless!

EDIT: A From Software developed Metroid Dread with improved BB-like combat and a dark atmosphere would probably give me a heartattack I'd be so hyped. GAF would be in flames immediately.

Baleoce

I hope it ends up having Bluetooth headphones / headset support. Especially considering the nature of the device.

That could be possible.

Dark Souls X Metroid
Call of Duty X Splatoon
Capcom Vs. Nintendo

EDIT: A From Software developed Metroid Dread with improved BB-like combat and a dark atmosphere would probably give me a heartattack I'd be so hyped. GAF would be in flames immediately.

If you had to pick a Japanese dev to make a new Metroid game I think it would be From Software. I think that would be crazy.

Plum

If you had to pick a Japanese dev to make a new Metroid game I think it would be From Software. I think that would be crazy.

Can you imagine? Exploring old Chozo Ruins with masterful environmental storytelling. Dark Souls level design on a much larger scale with shortcuts, hidden areas, etc everywhere. A dark as fuck return for the series after Federation Force Kiddy Adventures.

I'm getting myself hyped over something that isn't real, but one can wish, can't they?

Why not Team Ninja? They've worked on the franchise before.

:p

I would unironically love it.

All the bad things in Other M were impositions from outside of Team Ninja (controls and samus personality/backstory). The way the game feels is impeccable.

KaneU

So the guys from GameExplain talked about a new rumoured title that is totally 'bonkers' in their podcast, but they didn't want to reveal it even though they heard it from 3 different sources. Wonder what game could that be?

https://youtu.be/CYlH0K9OiS4

Starts at around 34:10.

Klart

"Hey, here's a console with the same games as our last console - that failed - with some extra's. And that one game you've all been looking forward to; it'll be coming "several" months later. Please buy."

Plum

So the guys from GameExplain talked about a new rumoured title that is totally 'bonkers' in their podcast, but they didn't want to reveal it even though they heard it from 3 different sources. Wonder what game could that be?

https://youtu.be/CYlH0K9OiS4

Starts at around 34:10.

I made practically the exact same post at the bottom of the last page lol.

Though now that Dark Cloud mentioned it I'm hedging my bets on a 3rd party crossover title.

Zedark

"Hey, here's a console with the same games as our last console - that failed - with some extra's. And that one game you've all been looking forward to; it'll be coming "several" months later. Please buy."

Thanks for your input

Plum

Putting sarcastic quote marks around something doesn't make your argument any better.

KaneU

I made practically the exact same post at the bottom of the last page lol.

Though now that Dark Cloud mentioned it I'm hedging my bets on a 3rd party crossover title.

Oh, I knew that it must have been mentioned before, lol.

I wonder who's gonna be first to report on this, my bet is on Laura Dale.

Yes, I knew it. A crossover with a third party made sense as in being "weird". Thanks Liam 😀

The question is which IP is Nintendo using and who are they doing it with...

They said "weird" and unbelievable. Are the using Metroid in a crossover? F-Zero? Fire Emblem? But then with who and which IP lol

Jonnax

Yep. That's how I'm feeling.
The at launch 75% of Wiis were sold with Twilight Princess. That certainly helped drive excitement and demand.

Last E3 Nintendo pretty much only showed Zelda at their booth and it was a success. Does anyone think that's be the same for Mario?

Mario sells well with casuals who'll get it with they hear about some popular console.
Zelda gets people to wait out at a store at midnight to play it as soon as possible.

If Nintendo isn't run by clueless fools they'd put every resource possible into getting Zelda out for launch. By March the game would have been delayed for almost 2 years.

Peru

Yep. That's how I'm feeling.
The at launch 75% of Wiis were sold with Twilight Princess. That certainly helped drive excitement and demand.

Last E3 Nintendo pretty much only showed Zelda at their booth and it was a success. Does anyone think that's be the same for Mario?

Mario sells well with casuals who'll get it with they hear about some popular console.
Zelda gets people to wait out at a store at midnight to play it as soon as possible.

If Nintendo isn't run by clueless fools they'd put every resource possible into getting Zelda out for launch. By March the game would have been delayed for almost 2 years.

The thing will sell out at launch anyway. Summer is just around the corner and Zelda can sell as many consoles then as at launch.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
If that's the case, I'm going with the Yoshi x Rabbids title that came up from Gamesblog.fr a while ago. It fits several points of the description.

Plum

Yes, I knew it. A crossover with a third party made sense as in being "weird". Thanks Liam 😀

They said "weird" and unbelievable. Are the using Metroid in a crossover? F-Zero? Fire Emblem? But then with who and which IP lol

Star Fox: Andromeda

BELIEVE

KingBroly

Banned
That could be possible.

Dark Souls X Metroid
Call of Duty X Splatoon
Capcom Vs. Nintendo

Given how Nintendo's treated Metroid over the past decade, I'd expect Mario Party X Metroid next.

EDIT: I still maintain if Federation Force was called "Splatoon Squad" and was a fleshed out co-op shooter, it'd not only have been received better, but sold infinitely better

Plum

If that's the case, I'm going with the Yoshi x Rabbids title that came up from Gamesblog.fr a while ago. It fits several points of the description.

Isn't Gamesblog a disreputable source or am I thinking of something else?

Because if it's Yoshi x Rabbids then... fuck.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
3rd party crossover? That would explain the presence of From Software in that list.

It doesn't fit the "people wouldn't believe" which is the most important.

LiamR

I dunno what game specifically it is that GameXplain are talking about, but yeah.

Star Fox: Andromeda

BELIEVE
So that's the big EA game lol

Idk they've been so unreliable and I don't see Gamexplain getting excited over something like that. I think it's some crossover with From Software.

Or maybe it is Kid Icarus X Bioshock...not really 😑

Plum

Oh ok. Guess we'll wait and see. I kind of hope Laura or Emily don't know the game so they don't leak it. Lol

I don't want it to be leaked as well, not even hinted at. Knowing that it's "bonkers" is enough for me to get excited. January 12th is less than 2 months away at this point, I can definitely wait that long.

LiamR

Oh ok. Guess we'll wait and see. I kind of hope Laura or Emily don't know the game so they don't leak it. Lol

They probably do. If I'm thinking about the same one, Emily knows and so do a few others. I don't think it will get leaked by any of them.

Sooo Nintendo's getting its own Kingdom Hearts like game? Cool.
This is my ultimate dream crossover. I've wanted this forever. A Kingdom Hearts game using Nintendo characters needs to happen. I probably would cry if saw this. Lol

I don't want it to be leaked as well, not even hinted at. Knowing that it's "bonkers" is enough for me to get excited. January 12th is less than 2 months away at this point, I can definitely wait that long.
Yeah. According to Liam they might know the game and not leak it. We're getting closer to the January 12th event.

They probably do. If I'm thinking about the same one, Emily knows and so do a few others. I don't think it will get leaked by any of them.

I see. That's nice of them to keep this one a secret. I like they're giving us info on games we've all expected or seen from trailer being Splatoon, 3D Mario, Mario Kart and Skyrim.

LiamR

There are some surprises left. Unfortunately, I think one of the bigger ones will leak out before long. It won't come from myself, though. I don't particularly want to leak any unannounced games for Switch because people are so passionate about the Directs, which I have learned to respect, and I like to see their reactions. Also, I've been on the receiving end of the "you ruined the surprise!" blowback and it's not pleasant.

Plum

Yeah. According to Liam they might know the game and not leak it. We're getting closer to the January 12th event.

I see. That's nice of them to keep this one a secret. I like they're giving us info on games we've all expected or seen from trailer being Splatoon, 3D Mario, Mario Kart and Skyrim.

I can imagine that if it's a major crossover between two companies the NDAs are incredibly strict, especially if it's supposed to be a major announcement in January or E3.

Plum

There are some surprises left. Unfortunately, I think one of the bigger ones will leak out before long. It won't come from myself, though. I don't particularly want to leak any unannounced games for Switch because people are so passionate about the Directs, which I have learned to respect, and I like to see their reactions. Also, I've been on the receiving end of the "you ruined the surprise!" blowback and it's not pleasant.

Glad that there are more surprises left. Frankly I wasn't expecting there not to be, but it definitely gives me hope that things will work out well in January.

Can you possibly say whether that big game is 1st, 3rd or 2nd party?

LiamR

Glad that there are more surprises left. Frankly I wasn't expecting there not to be, but it definitely gives me hope that things will work out well in January.

Can you possibly say whether that big game is 1st, 3rd or 2nd party?

I don't really wanna play a guessing game. It won't be long now before you find out.

Shiggy

What's up with Mother 3 by the way? Still coming?

boiled goose

good with gravy

Do you know anything about the online account system?

Improved or same issues as with the 3ds/wiiu?

Aldric

l don't get it. Why would people reporting on rumors be coy about this game specifically?

I don't really wanna play a guessing game. It won't be long now before you find out.
Oh boy not too long. Maybe it's a FFVI Remake 🙂

I can imagine that if it's a major crossover between two companies the NDAs are incredibly strict, especially if it's supposed to be a major announcement in January or E3.

I would expect strict NDA's all around, but there wouldn't be any to Laura or Emily or anybody else who does these leaks. If they know what this one secret game is and they leak it I don't see them getting into trouble.

So, there are some surprises left which is good. Yeah, lots of people want to be surprised when they watch the event so I can understand not wanting to leak games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom