• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Discussion Thread (Question of the Day, Countdown, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scrawnton

How comfortable do you guys think the Joycon Grip controller is going to be?

It's the default controller for playing in docked mode after all and not everyone is going to be grabbing a Pro controller.

I'm hoping pretty comfortable. I'm electing to not get a pro controller at launch becaue I want to see how this controller grows on me. I'll give it a couple weeks and see if it pans out for me.

Risgroo

This 3D runner talk
3YD5P8m.gif

FFS guys
The thread is going through a stupid phase.

Lets get back on track! HYPE!!

Quad City DJs here to save the thread

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
DO NOT expect any secret game at launch that is not Zelda and other Wii U ports. That's what we're getting and it's insane to expect any surprise announcements for launch.
I'd be EXTREMELY disappointed if we don't get a Wave Race or Excite Truck sequel revealed. They have to show they are back to regain people who loved this Nintendo that produced top tier arcade racers. That's why I loved them in the first place.

Scrawnton

Not enough people expecting Mario Mark has me worried. I need Mario Maker people!
The game just released on 3DS. There is such a thing as beating a dead horse, though I'm not sure that really applies here.

I don't think they should do a straight port for Mario Maker. They should give it a year and give us a product that brings drastic changes.

I'd be EXTREMELY disappointed if we don't get a Wave Race or Excite Truck sequel revealed. They have to show they are back to regain people who loved this Nintendo that produced top tier arcade racers. That's why I loved them in the first place.

I'm not saying it's insane to expect them to announce brand new games for Switch on Thursday. I fully expect surprises. Im saying it's crazy to think any of those surprises will launch with the system when Zelda and Wii U ports will already be there.

The game just released on 3DS. There is such a thing as beating a dead horse, though I'm not sure that really applies here.

I don't think they should do a straight port for Mario Maker. They should give it a year and give us a product that brings drastic changes.

The game was half released on 3DS. I was waiting for it like crazy and then when it came out it ended up getting rid of basically half the game. All it's basically good for is some Nintendo made levels and doing the Mario Challenge. No uploading levels or searching for levels or following anybody. Makes it completely pointless.

think im going to trade in my spare iphone 6 16gb for the switch. Its 190$ at gamestop and I have a 7 plus now.

edit: Might get even more if they have trade in bonus percent

Da-Kid

If they announced a Kid Icarus: Uprising sequel I would die. I fucking love the world, gameplay and characters of the world. That game deserves a sequel, especially with how well it did in sales.

Matbtz

Press left or right on the analog stick to change where MARIO is running maybe?

That doesn't seem convenient at all. If you can go left or right while still running forward you can't take items from left AND right in the same play through. Meh not happening.

(Anyway, I stop talking about this matter)

My suspicion is that you're going to be extremely disappointed.

Moltenix

I'm hoping pretty comfortable. I'm electing to not get a pro controller at launch becaue I want to see how this controller grows on me. I'll give it a couple weeks and see if it pans out for me.

Yeah, I kinda don't want to have to get a Pro controller right away if I don't have to. Will probably get one down the line for multiplayer but really hoping the Joycon's in the grip feels good.

Spy

I'm not saying it's insane to expect them to announce brand new games for Switch on Thursday. I fully expect surprises. Im saying it's crazy to think any of those surprises will launch with the system when Zelda and Wii U ports will already be there.
I think Nintendo should do as many ports as possible as many people who will buy the Switch skipped out on the Wii U.

Scrawnton

The game was half released on 3DS. I was waiting for it like crazy and then when it came out it ended up getting rid of basically half the game. All it's basically good for is some Nintendo made levels and doing the Mario Challenge. No uploading levels or searching for levels or following anybody. Makes it completely pointless.
So what do you want? A quick dirty port that is identical to the Wii U game or let them take a year and add a ton of new features?

For Mario maker specifically, it's in Nintendos best interest to take its time and add a ton of new features before releasing it.

I'm... I'm not quite sure that this is high on the list of things they "have" to do. I'll give you a hug to help with the disappointment.

They have to show that? Really? They have to show that? Is that the audience they've been missing?

Ha, I think some people with idiosyncratic tastes are going to be leaving the end of the week mighty disappointed.

marc^o^

If they announced a Kid Icarus: Uprising sequel I would die. I fucking love the world, gameplay and characters of the world. That game deserves a sequel, especially with how well it did in sales.
It's a no brainer to make an KI sequel on Switch. I'm sure we'll have one. Sakurai can't be only working on the Smash update.

Trevelyan

Banned

Yeah, same. I think my 2 'dream' projects that are not outside the realm of possibility are a new Kid Icarus and a new Luigi's Mansion.

marc^o^

They have to show that? Really? They have to show that? Is that the audience they've been missing?

Ha, I think some people with idiosyncratic tastes are going to be leaving the end of the week mighty disappointed.
They renewed both IP rights weeks ago, this is a reason enough to be optimistic.

WalTech

Eh, if they make a 3D runner we can all just not buy it I suppose.

For now I'm hoping we'll just get a regular, mainline 3D Mario game. I don't really even know what to expect out of this switch presentation, but am I excited about?

Oh.

Yeah.

So what do you want? A quick dirty port that is identical to the Wii U game or let them take a year and add a ton of new features?

If they come out with it late in the year it could be two year since its release. I'd say the 3DS was the quick dirty b team thrown together port. They could have been working on a decent update to release on the Switch since then.

It's probably one of their biggest game that has infinite replayability, it seems kind of crazy that they wouldn't want it out on their new system. Even if it was just as-is.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, I kinda don't want to have to get a Pro controller right away if I don't have to. Will probably get one down the line for multiplayer but really hoping the Joycon's in the grip feels good.

I'll get a pro mainly because I'd just rather leave the joycons on the tablet all the time. Not so easy to "switch" and play on the crapper or whatever if you have to take the joycons off the grip and put them on the tablet, and then do the reverse to go back to gaming on the TV.

Joycon grip setup looks a tad awkward to me as well, plus lacks a dpad.

For virtual console releases most likely.

Exactly what I would have assumed.

Worst case scenario. At least they could remaster these games and add online. I'd be fine with it as the core gameplay is as good now as it was.

I think if they're going to do that much work on games that old, they may as well just make new versions. I just don't see it, but hey, hope springs eternal, and this is a place of dreams.

Da-Kid

I'm also half expecting Monster Hunter Double Cross to be announced for Switch. Same deal as the Wii U version of MH3U. Better shadows, textures, effects, and shades. Same graphics overall.

Peléo

How comfortable do you guys think the Joycon Grip controller is going to be?

It's the default controller for playing in docked mode after all and not everyone is going to be grabbing a Pro controller.

I plan to use them separared, used to love using Wii-Mote + Nunchuk back in the day. Hoepfully they will be good in this mode.

As far as Third-party games, I expect a reel to reveal all of those.

Game Predictions:
-The Legend of Zelda: BotW demo gameplay, new trailer, release date announced.
-Super Mario Switch announced, release is TBA 2017.
-Splatoon Re-ink'd announced for launch.
-Smash 4 Switched announced featuring 5 New characters, set for launch.
-Rayman Legends sequel announced, exclusive, launch window.
-Retro Studios game announced, short demo shown, TBA.
-Mario Kart 8 Switch announced, featuring more newcomers and vets, item rebalance, all DLC, launch.
-Pikmin 4 announced, TBA 2017.
Two original titles and the rest are ports of one of the most failed sysyem ever?

That....

is not a good start.

Linear 3D platformer would've been the more appropriate term. Again, I'm merely stating this is a possibility based on what little footage we've seen.

I just thought of another possibility based on the footage we have. What if that is the entire game? Maybe Nintendo is going to sell a 3 second long Mario game for $60. The footage doesn't disprove my theory. I think it's probably likely.

Gameblog posted a new video, where Nintendo might be purchasing Platinum Games.

He says it doesn't mean they're interested in purchasing them, but they are getting "closer". He says Bayonetta 3 is in development and will be Switch exclusive, and most Platinum Games franchises may all end up in the hands of Nintendo (Okami).

That is the state of those 2 companies right now. Take that as you will.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom