• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Discussion Thread (Question of the Day, Countdown, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moltenix

I do play MK8 with the d-pad on WiiU, though :0 I wonder if this new weird d-pad will even be useable in the Switch version.

You play MK8 with the d-pad. What?!

It'd probably be weird trying to slide your finger between the buttons like with a regular d-pad.

RM8

You play MK8 with the d-pad. What?!

It'd probably be weird trying to slide your finger between the buttons like with a regular d-pad.
D-pads are so awesome for racers. Playing Double Dash on Dolphin with a Hori d-pad is amazing, I can't play it on my GameCube anymore.

JoeM86

I can't wait for the doom from certain elements of the media once the stock drops

"Nintendo Switch fails to switch on investors, public" etc.

Just like it did last time

Okami 2 would be a sight to see

I feel Okami is the best Zelda-ish game that isn't Zelda. In fact, after OOT and MM I prefer Okami to all other 3D Zeldas though I am loving Twilight Princess HD. The Wii U version of TP has really helped me appreciate that game so much more

I can't wait for the doom from certain elements of the media once the stock drops

Meh, I think short fluctuations can be used in a silly fashion to support both strength and weakness. It's just too convenient of visual data for some people to ignore.

I recently found an article about Suda 51 talking about the Switch and how he wants to develop a game for the system that shows off the console like No More Heroes did the Wii. I don't know if it's been posted yet or not.

Here's the link.

The talk of the Switch is at the end of the article:

Where to head next is clearly an exciting prospect to him. Let it Die and The Silver Case are both about done, and when asked about the future, Suda beams, clearly full of ideas. He lists several that are currently on his mind such as a remake of The Silver Case's sequel and a PlayStation VR visual novel adventure, but clearly that which currently excites him most is the Nintendo Switch.

”I want one," he laughs. ”Nintendo always makes really cool, interesting hardware that gives us new things to do. On the Wii, not to brag, but I feel that I made a game that used that Wii technology in one of the best ways. I want to find a cool new way to play using what Switch offers."

Nintendo delayed due to software not being ready and not enough being in a showable state. Given how Nintendo usually handles their console game lineups; I expect this to be a general showing of major games that are hitting the system in 2017. They will show off all of their major first party, third party, indie, etc. games releasing this year for Switch in reels and go into further depth with a couple of them from each category. They want to generate a lot of hype and momentum quickly for the Switch by announcing a bunch of major franchises hitting the system in its first year. Nintendo has referenced in the past how they failed to show off a compelling game reveal lineup for the Wii U and had to scramble to do that January 2014. In contrast remember 3DS E3 reveal, where they had street fighter, resident evil, Animal Crossing, kid icarus, pilot wings, paper mario, kingdom Hearts, Metal Gear Solid, SMT, Assassin's Creed, etc. It outlined the big players that were hitting the system in its first year. I suspect they will do something similar for this direct. Have another direct in March that goes into detail of the first 6 months of releases on Switch.

Buggy Loop

Buy low (pre presentation)
Sell high (after presentation)

Media will still report this as an indicator of quality of Nintendo's new product, somehow.

HylianTom

Banned
Thursday night might change this, but the Switch might be my first console where I play more with the alternative/Pro controller than the included one.

Oregano

I recently found an article about Suda 51 talking about the Switch and how he wants to develop a game for the system that shows off the console like No More Heroes did the Wii. I don't know if it's been posted yet or not.

Here's the link.

The talk of the Switch is at the end of the article:

I'll believe it when I see it. He said NMH3 would happen when Nintendo released their next console after the Wii.

Switch will be lucky to get a port of The Silver Case.

Spy

You can only have one, make your choice.

Nintendo vs. Capcom Capcom
Pokémon Hunter Capcom
Metroid FromSoftware
The Legend of Zelda FromSoftware
Nintendo Hearts Square Enix
Super Mario RPG Square Enix

Plum

Pokémon Hunter Capcom
Metroid FromSoftware

Metroid From Software. It's the only sensible option.

Zoon

Pokémon Hunter Capcom
Metroid FromSoftware

Pokemon Hunter easily.

Platy

Pokémon Hunter Capcom
Metroid FromSoftware

First .. and it is Capcom vs Nintendo.

Nintendo vs Capcom would be made by nintendo

Scrawnton

Pokémon Hunter Capcom
Metroid FromSoftware

Omg Pokémon hunter. That would be so hilarious.

Beating a pikachu to death with giant weapons would be grand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom