• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Discussion Thread (Question of the Day, Countdown, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AzaK

So:

Switch - 250€
Zelda - 60€
Splatoon - 40€
Pro Controller - 50€

400€ already o-o

Mario X Rabbids (?) - 50€
Minigame collection (?) - 50€

500€ !-!

You're forgetting the extra 50-100, or even $200 if you want decent storage in the thing.

He says it doesn't mean they're interested in purchasing them, but they are getting closer. He says Bayonetta 3 in development and will be Switch exclusive, and most Platinum Games franchises may all end up in the hands of Nintendo (Okami).

That is the state of those 2 companies right now. Take that as you will.

But...Okami is not a Platinum franchise. It belongs to Capcom....

Tom Nook

Cool fanart
9mpciorhlx8y.png

Source: http://fardanmunshi.deviantart.com/

He says it doesn't mean they're interested in purchasing them, but they are getting closer. He says Bayonetta 3 in development and will be Switch exclusive, and most Platinum Games franchises may all end up in the hands of Nintendo (Okami).

Okami isn't a Platinum franchise, that belongs to Capcom.

Soul Lab

So in a bit more than 2 days we are going to see these games for the first time:

- KI: Uprising 2
- Wave Race
- F-Zero NX
- Luigi's Mansion 3
- Pikmin 4

right?

Spy

To those who aren't getting a Pro controller at launch, don't you think it might be a little weird playing certain games since the Joy-Con doesn't have a proper d-pad?

But will there be puppets during the presentation?

Obviously, there's going to be a Samus and Captain Falcon puppet to coincide with the announcement of a new Metroid and F-Zero game like the Star Fox puppets in the E3 direct.

In seriousness, probably not, I'm guessing. Won't be completely surprised if there's one or two there

TunaLover

He says it doesn't mean they're interested in purchasing them, but they are getting "closer". He says Bayonetta 3 is in development and will be Switch exclusive, and most Platinum Games franchises may all end up in the hands of Nintendo (Okami).

Wait what?

As a massive fan of Wave Race I'd absolutely love to see a sequel, but it's massively unlikely.

Bring on a much more likely sequel to Kid Icarus please!

RM8

To those who aren't getting a Pro controller at launch, don't you think it might be a little weird playing certain games since the Joy-Con doesn't have a proper d-pad?
I'd worry if we had a fighting game or a 2D platformer. Those happen to be my favourite genres, lol.

Platinum games buyout rumor is picking up steam

Says they are pulling games from digital stores?

Anyone know more?

Fake news is exhausting me

How many games do you play with a d-pad these days? I play 2d games using one, but that's about it. (I guess I played Mario Kart 8 using one as well, so maybe in the case of one-joycon MP games it might come up.) Regardless, I'd imagine it isn't something you'd think a whole lot about once you get used to it.

Welcome to the nonsense of the stock market. Expect it to plummet on Friday for no particular reason.

Moltenix

I'd worry if we had a fighting game or a 2D platformer. Those happen to be my favourite genres, lol.

Yeah, outside of fighters and 2D platforming, a lot of games these days don't really make too much use of the d-pad. At most, you're using for menus, weapon switching, toggling something, etc. so you're not really using it constantly. Everything's done on the left stick it seems.

Buggy Loop

Bayonetta 3?

/yusssssssssss

He basically says that he knows that Bayonetta 3 is coming and exclusive to switch. He says that Platinum and Nintendo are getting closer together, to the point of wondering if Nintendo would simply buy Platinum.

I did not hear him say anything about Okami actually? I'm rewatching the video but i did not catch that if he said it.

RM8

Yeah, outside of fighters and 2D platforming, a lot of games these days don't really make too much use of the d-pad. At most, you're using for menus, weapon switching, toggling something, etc. so you're not really using it constantly. Everything's done on the left stick it seems.
I do play MK8 with the d-pad on WiiU, though :0 I wonder if this new weird d-pad will even be useable in the Switch version.

Da-Kid

I plan to spend at least $500 on the NS.

Nintendo Switch Console
Two Pro Controllers
3 games
Travel kit (plan on playing at work)
Headphones

AntMurda

And Bayonetta is SEGA. Yet...

SEGA was involved in the deal. That really was an exception for Nintendo publish a game that already had some development time pre-funded, and was the developer's marque franchise.

Platinum Games didn't develop Okami (Clover did, not all the staff went to PG), nor is there any inclination Nintendo would negotiate all these deals to publish games that sell less than the franchises they already ignore.

Bayonetta 3?

/yusssssssssss

He basically says that he knows that Bayonetta 3 is coming and exclusive to switch. He says that Platinum and Nintendo are getting closer together, to the point of wondering if Nintendo would simply buy Platinum.

I did not hear him say anything about Okami actually? I'm rewatching the video but i did not catch that if he said it.

Around the 5 min mark.

As a massive fan of Wave Race I'd absolutely love to see a sequel, but it's massively unlikely.

Bring on a much more likely sequel to Kid Icarus please!

A new Wave Race and/or 1080 would be amazing. They both remind me of how good Nintendo's first party output was on the N64.

"Not anytime soon, but it is possible that the franchise ends up in the hands of Nintendo...".

A Bayonetta type of deal I suppose like they did with Sega. His words.

I guess that's possible, but i'm not sure why Nintendo would want to do that. Okami doesn't really have the weight that Bayonetta does in terms of a following. Another big factor was that Bayonetta 2 was already in development and at some point Sega decided to can it, but Nintendo stepped in and did what it took to allow Platinum to finish it. So, i'm not sure why Nintendo wouldn't just fund an original action-adventure game so that they don't have to license out another developers IP. Especially since they're presumably be funding it from scratch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom