• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo UK webstore : 3DS/Wii U retail games for ~8£ (DL Code)

Ohhh.. shit... were screwed. Need to call my lawyer for incoming lawsuit.

Haha, I thought the interface seemed familiar. I though they were just using the same ecommerce provider as Zavvi/TheHut. I didn't realise they were actually the ones running Nintendo's online store. Man, only Nintendo would think that was a good idea (and I'm sure they're re-evaluating that decision now!).

jts

...hate me...
Only got codes for 2 copies of Donkey Kong so far, better than nothing I guess... but here's hoping anyway.

Vexxan

7MXtpy4.png

Dat W101 date :S

Anyone else getting that?

oti

Banned
Oh maaaaan. I would've bought so many games if this was happening in Germany. Nintendo games tend to never fall in price.

Animal Crossing™: New Leaf - Digital Download [Nintendo 3DS Family DDC] Awaiting Stock Pick Est: 15/01/2014 1 / 1 £7.95
Mario and Luigi: Dream Team Bros. - Digital Download [Nintendo 3DS Family DDC] Awaiting Stock Pick Est: 15/01/2014 1 / 1 £7.95

jts

...hate me...
If everything goes through, I will need a bigger fridge on both my 3DS XL and Wii U.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
7MXtpy4.png

Dat W101 date :S

Anyone else getting that?
15th here so I wouldn't put much stock into those dates. I imagine demand for the Wii U games has been quite high which explains the delay. I guess only time will tell now.

Fdkn

Reading that the webstore is managed by thehut actually gave me confidence that they will honour it.

Some months ago I bought GTAV and Dragons Crown for 15€/each in a zavvi princing error and got them without problems.

I may be wrong tho

Frodo

Is there any reason you're not using them? I'm genuinely curious. I just hate a cluttered screen :p

Wii U folders soon, plez Nintendo

I just like to see everything as I scroll by. I fear I would never play some games if they were tucked away inside a folder. :)

Though I might separate eShop only titles from retail releases sometime.

Processing cancellation.

Pack it up, guys.

Oh noes :(

Jazzem

Mine are still normal, those who have had theirs cancelled; when did you place you orders? Mine were 1:24 and 1:26.

(...I realize I'm probably being too optimistic :p)

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Glad I got mine. Sorry for folks who were too late on this.

/installing Pikmin 3 for only £8 as we speak :)

Nilaul

Mine are still normal, those who have had theirs cancelled; when did you place you orders? Mine were 1:24 and 1:26.

(...I realize I'm probably being too optimistic :p)

I had one placed early early.. and I had my backups placed after they fixed it.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Good luck. Nintendo will blow these down faster than anything.

But, should codes not be sent immediately?

My codes took around 30 mins to be sent out after the initial confirmation email.

WillyFive

Digital code, sold out? ROFL, Nice one Nintendo :p But yeah, looks like a legit pricing error. Well, that was fun while it lasted... too bad I already owned all the games I was interested in.

In BELIEVELAND, Nintendo would look at this incident and think "oh, but people love discounts! Let's do mega-discounts on the eShop from now on!".
IN BELIEVELAND, Metroid Dread was GAF 2013 GOTY.
In BELIEVELAND, everyone is a GAF moderator.

It sucks that this incident may convince them to drop this stuff all together.

PetrCobra

ordered 01:28PM, order pending, starting to lose hope here...

But what amuses me is the idea that they might decide to send some little gift to everyone who got their order cancelled... the british royal family would have second Christmas :)

Shadders

People seeing their orders cancelled, had you ordered all of the games? Did you set up an account today to order these?

Just wondering if there's a pattern to cancellations or if it's just those after a certain time.

Top Bottom