• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo UK webstore : 3DS/Wii U retail games for ~8£ (DL Code)

freoleo29

Have you received any response? I'm still awaiting mine.

I sent in a query twelve hours after purchase,
Having not received 3 out of 4 of the games,
Then another one 12 hours after that (24 hours after purchase).
Still no reply... I am starting to think their strategy to get out of this situation is to ignore it and hope we cancel our orders,
if that's not true then this customer service is absolutely terrible.

(Sorry for formatting errors, I'm on mobile)

tsab

I sent in a query twelve hours after purchase,
Having not received 3 out of 4 of the games,
Then another one 12 hours after that (24 hours after purchase).
Still no reply... I am starting to think their strategy to get out of this situation is to ignore it and hope we cancel our orders,
if that's not true then this customer service is absolutely terrible.

(Sorry for formatting errors, I'm on mobile)

if it's the same customer service with zavvi/the hut makes sense :/
I still haven't received 2 out of 3 games

Striek

Hey guys my brother bought a bunch of games without realising they couldn't be used on our Australian 3DS'. He wants me to get rid of them for him now. So I have AC:NL, LCU:TCB, M&L:DTB and DKCR:3D for offer at 11£ each via Paypal. Tentatively gone. Gone.

PM if interested, and buyer beware if your 3DS region is compatible with these UK codes.

clubstoic

Banned
Man, theres so much they can do to fight this situation. Its just crazy for me to list everything wrong they need to address. Many people have been critiquing for years with ideas that just make sense. It just makes you wonder wtf has been going on since 2011..

Rich!

haha oh man

I bought Animal Crossing and Dream Team as soon as this thread first appeared, only cost me £15 or so for both and the codes got emailed to me almost immediately afterwards. I've literally only just remembered - downloading them via the eshop now!

jts

...hate me...
My Pikmin 3 code dropped last night finally.

So far my confirmed loot:

Donkey Kong x2 (gifted one of them)
Pikmin 3

Still in the limbo:
Wonderful 101
Mario & Luigi

I think they had a charging problem when they had those 2 codes ready for "shipment" so now they're just sitting there stating payment problems. Store rep wants me to cancel them and try again (good luck with that, buddy) but probably they will get cancelled eventually. I care 0 for Mario & Luigi other than making my 3DS home screen look busier, but shame for W101.

Still wasn't bad though... although W101 was defo my most wanted. I've beat DK on the Wii and I don't want to play Pik 3 before 1&2.

freoleo29

So... Is anyone else still waiting for their games?
I have sent in queries and even emailed Nintendo with no replies,
I've got no idea what to do now,
Really don't want to cancel.

Orgen

I'm still waiting and I won't cancel anything. Let's see what happens

Xater

Same here. I still have no code and I get no response from them.

Xater

Finally got a response. They say they couldn't answer quickly because of too many messages. Also they had some issues with the codes and mine should be there within the next couple of days.

freoleo29

Finally got a response. They say they couldn't answer quickly because of too many messages. Also they had some issues with the codes and mine should be there within the next couple of days.
Got the same message here!
Was severely doubting anything would happen, really glad I stuck it out now :)

TheZjman

Banned
Random question that i could probably find if i bothered looking:

Do the codes expire? I still haven't got round to DL DKCR3D yet because of SD Card issues. I don't want to lose it.

Thomper

Random question that i could probably find if i bothered looking:

Do the codes expire? I still haven't got round to DL DKCR3D yet because of SD Card issues. I don't want to lose it.

I don't think they expire. But you could always just register the code anyway and just not download the game yet?

Thomper

It won't let you register it if the SD card is full.
Oh, weird. My apologies then. SD cards are pretty cheap these days, at least. I'm not aware of any expiration date on the codes, but I assume they'll be valid for plenty more months from now.

decaf

If anyone has spare codes for The Wonderful 101, Pikmin 3, or Mario & Luigi; Dream Team I'll buy 'em off ya for £15 each. Ta.

Phazon

It won't let you register it if the SD card is full.

Yup, you'll have to make space or buy bigger storage if you want to activate the code on the account.

I also found some time yesterday to check if LEGO and M&L are really working on my Belgian 3DS and they work without any problem (LEGO has Dutch and is the EU version)

Thanks Nintendo UK :p

BecgDAWIYAAsROj.jpg

Would never have got to play Mario & Luigi if it were not for this discount deal and I think it is fantastic so far - a little too much hand holding in the first few hours, but still a solid handheld game by Nintendo.

Now, I must give Animal Crossing a go and eventually pick up A Link Between Worlds!

The 3DS has to be the best system of 2012/13.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Code received.

And finally, I'm downloading Mario & Luigi :D

TheZjman

Banned
Would never have got to play Mario & Luigi if it were not for this discount deal and I think it is fantastic so far - a little too much hand holding in the first few hours, but still a solid handheld game by Nintendo.

Now, I must give Animal Crossing a go and eventually pick up A Link Between Worlds!

The 3DS has to be the best system of 2012/13.

When you get to 20-30 hours in and it's still holding your hand, you'll get a little fed up. Love the 3D though.

Firebrand

When you get to 20-30 hours in and it's still holding your hand, you'll get a little fed up. Love the 3D though.
I'm about 20 hours in and I don't think the handholding has been that bad. Yeah, I think I can figure out how to do each new move with two buttons on my own, but the tutorials are pretty brief so, it hasn't really been much of an issue. Really enjoying the game so this was quite the deal. Loved the
Mammoshka
fight.

Btw, if I delete something I've purchased off the eShop (before registerring an NNID), will it let me redownload it later (on the same machine)? My 4GB card filled up faster than I thought it would.

Btw, if I delete something I've purchased off the eShop (before registerring an NNID), will it let me redownload it later (on the same machine)? My 4GB card filled up faster than I thought it would.
Yes. However, I believe if you delete items no longer on the eShop (some videos) you'll be unable to get those. I believe free software like demos, digital save transfer tool and Nintendo video can't be redownloaded without registering an NNID (also if you register an NNID and the item is not available in the country you are stuck in, you can't redownload).

I'm not sure what happens to saves you can back these up separately via system settings or the < on the game in question.

Xeno_V

Finally got some codes, although I didn't get all the games that I wanted.
Is there a chance that anyone's trading a Pikmin 3 code?
I can offer W101 or M&L RPG.

jts

...hate me...
Finally got some codes, although I didn't get all the games that I wanted.
Is there a chance that anyone's trading a Pikmin 3 code?
I can offer W101 or M&L RPG.
Man, if I hadn't redeemed my Pikmin 3 code just last night I would trade it by W101. If you're up for selling it, name your price via PM.

Xeno_V

Man, if I hadn't redeemed my Pikmin 3 code just last night I would trade it by W101. If you're up for selling it, name your price via PM.

I 'll let you know, but I 'll wait a bit in case that some one is willing to trade his Pikmin 3 code. In case that anyone would consider selling it please send me a PM. I 'd rather trade another code (it would be even better if I could trade Another Code though :p) for this, but I could also spend a (reasonable) amount of money if needed.

jts

...hate me...
Yx9HqHt.png

Guys, what do you think will happen to the ones stating payment problems? I had a code sent to me after that (because by the time they got stock of Pikmin 3 for me and were ready to ship, I had cleared my credit card situation on paypal, so the charging went fine).

Am I shit out of luck? I sent an inquiry a week ago and the guy just told me to cancel the thing altogether and order again, which I'm not going to do for obvious reasons...

Anyone in the same situation managed to clear it?

I 'll let you know, but I 'll wait a bit in case that some one is willing to trade his Pikmin 3 code. In case that anyone would consider selling it please send me a PM. I 'd rather trade another code (it would be even better if I could trade Another Code though :p) for this, but I could also spend a (reasonable) amount of money if needed.
Okay, cheers!

Top Bottom