• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo UK webstore : 3DS/Wii U retail games for ~8£ (DL Code)

wrowa

guys, did you manage to redeem TW101 code on a non-UK Pal account?

Nope :/

Comes up with an error message, a quick google doesn't bring up much information though.

You can't redeem the codes with a non-UK NNID. I think there's a way to fix that, but I don't know the details.

Weird. I just redeemed my Wonderful 101 code on the German eShop with a German NNID without a problem. It's downloading right now.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Proper price! :D

(I bought a SM3DW code from Game for 40, showed as 50 on NNP.)
Nice.

How long does it take for the points to appear? I'm actually not far from a £5 token as I have a digital copy of Nintendo Land so W101 will push me over the edge.

Jucksalbe

Banned
Weird. I just redeemed my Wonderful 101 code on the German eShop with a German NNID without a problem. It's downloading right now.

I got an error on the German eShop as well, but only after it started downloading. Don't know what that was about, by now I have it downloaded and installed without any further problems.

I got an error on the German eShop as well, but only after it started downloading. Don't know what that was about, by now I have it downloaded and installed without any further problems.

How long ago did you put the code in? I tried my W101 code 5 hours ago and it didn't go through, same with the Animal Crossing one on my 3DS.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
Codes were waiting for me when I woke up. Couldn't redeem on the AU eshop so I created a UK NNID and now everything is downloading fine. Can't wait to finally play Pikmin and Wonderful 101

Got my codes. I redeemed Animal Crossing by switching regions to UK. Something told me not to link my NNID, guess it paid off lol

Now to try Pikmin

Mephala

Got an error trying to redeem via Aus eShop. When trying to switch regions it prompts me that I can lost NNID access like eShop/Miiverse.
If I switch, download the games and switch back will there be a problem? Does it do a wipe on switch?
Help me GAF I'm scared! I have too many hours in Animal Crossing at risk!

Codes were waiting for me when I woke up. Couldn't redeem on the AU eshop so I created a UK NNID and now everything is downloading fine. Can't wait to finally play Pikmin and Wonderful 101

Got my codes. I redeemed Animal Crossing by switching regions to UK. Something told me not to link my NNID, guess it paid off lol

Now to try Pikmin

Got an error trying to redeem via Aus eShop. When trying to switch regions it prompts me that I can lost NNID access like eShop/Miiverse.
If I switch, download the games and switch back will there be a problem? Does it do a wipe on switch?
Heh nice to see fellow Aussies taking advantage of this deal!

So I just make a UK account on the WiiU similar to what has to be done on a PS3?

The whole DS NNID thing is more of a worry like Mephala said, can we swap back and forth or is it locked down to one NNID per device? Or is it locked to memory cards like the Vita?

Nilaul

It shoudnt like delete your stuff. logically. Just have a quick look up in Nintendos site o be sure. Im swapping regions between Greece and UK without problems.

Mephala

It shoudnt like delete your stuff. logically. Just have a quick look up in Nintendos site o be sure. Im swapping regions between Greece and UK without problems.

Can you still access the eShop when using a different region? The warning prompt on Region Change indicates that you cannot. Did you create a second NNID to do it? The Nintendo site says that you can only have 1 NNID on each 3DS system...

The whole DS NNID thing is more of a worry like Mephala said, can we swap back and forth or is it locked down to one NNID per device? Or is it locked to memory cards like the Vita?
Seems like locked to 1 NNID per device.

Nintendo
Important information about creating a Nintendo Network ID

You can only register a single Nintendo Network ID to each Nintendo 3DS system. It is not possible to register multiple Nintendo Network IDs on a single system.

A Nintendo Network ID registered on a Nintendo 3DS system cannot be registered to another Nintendo 3DS system. If you wish to transfer your Nintendo Network ID and balance to another Nintendo 3DS system, this is only possible by performing a system transfer.

logically
But this is Nintendo Logic here. I can't claim I understand it.

Nilaul

Can you still access the eShop when using a different region? The warning prompt on Region Change indicates that you cannot. Did you create a second NNID to do it? The Nintendo site says that you can only have 1 NNID on each 3DS system...

Nintendo

But this is Nintendo Logic here. I can't claim I understand it.

You don not need go link a new Nind to access Eshop. What happens when u try accessing it normally?

Mephala

You don not need go link a new Nind to access Eshop. What happens when u try accessing it normally?

My NNID is already linked to Aus. When I opt to change my profile's Region setting there is a prompt:
If you change your country settings, you will no longer be able to use services that require a Nintendo Network ID, such as browsing the Nintendo eShop or posting to Miiverse.

Mephala

just got off the phone with Nintendo Australia.

• Australian eShop cannot redeem these Pal codes. (Though we can play their carts >_>)
  • If you have not linked your NNID to your 3DS then you can change your region to access another EU eShop and redeem the games. If you've linked your NNID to your system you will see this turd.
  • You cannot unlink your NNID without doing a Factory Reset (lose registered friends, logs and activities not saved on SD card (which can be backedup)).

jL0yuzy.gif

So... I seem to have these games I can't use...

Gone.

pulga

Banned

• Australian eShop cannot redeem these Pal codes. (Though we can play their carts >_>)
  • If you have not linked your NNID to your 3DS then you can change your region to access another EU eShop and redeem the games. If you've linked your NNID to your system you will see this turd.
  • You cannot unlink your NNID without doing a Factory Reset (lose registered friends, logs and activities not saved on SD card (which can be backedup)).

jL0yuzy.gif

3DS
ACNL
Dream Team
DKCR

Wii U
TW101
Pikmin3

Edit. In case I wasn't clear enough, I'm looking for someone to take these from me. PM

That sucks man, feeling for you. Advertised your sale in the footygaf community thread, lots of PAL bros in there.

People mentioned making a UK NNID on Wii U. I don't get the option to select a country. Do you have to use a proxy?

If you have not linked your NNID to your 3DS then you can change your region to access another EU eShop and redeem the games. If you've linked your NNID to your system you will see this turd.

What happens if you press OK?

From what I have read you cannot access eShop and Miiverse. I'm not sure if access is allowed when you switch back, not about to test it either.

I went ahead and found out. I linked my NNID after I used the code I got. What happens is if you switch to another region, you'll get an error after you login to the store that says the region doesn't match up to the region setting of the NNID. It let me switch back just fine.

I went ahead and found out. I linked my NNID after I used the code I got. What happens is if you switch to another region, you'll get an error after you login to the store that says the region doesn't match up to the region setting of the NNID. It let me switch back just fine.

So before linking your NNID you can change to UK, use the code, link your NNID which locks you to AU, still be able to download and play the digital game?

Nilaul

jL0yuzy.gif

3DS
ACNL
Dream Team
DKCR

Wii U
TW101
Pikmin3

Edit. In case I wasn't clear enough, I'm looking for someone to take these from me. PM

Have you tried saying that your moving permanently to England and if its possible for them to change your region permanently? I know its downright lying but its worth a shot.

So before linking your NNID you can change to UK, use the code, link your NNID which locks you to AU, still be able to download and play the digital game?

I think you need to download the game before linking your NNID but yeah, that's pretty much what I did.

You should be able to use those Wii U codes easily enough, Mephala. Checked out the Wii U menu and switching regions is pretty similar to 3DS. Switch region to UK in settings then make a new user with a UK NNID and redeem.

Robotziane

Neo Member

jL0yuzy.gif

3DS
ACNL
Dream Team
DKCR

Wii U
TW101
Pikmin3

I'm interested in Animal crossing. I'll send you a pm.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member

jL0yuzy.gif

3DS
ACNL
Dream Team
DKCR

Wii U
TW101
Pikmin3

Hey hopefully I'm in time to let you know you CAN still use the Wii U codes but unfortunately if you've already linked a NNID on your 3DS you won't be able to use those. To create a UK NNID on my Wii U I followed these steps.

1. Create a new user on the system and a new Mii but skip the NNID step at this time.
2. Log into the new user on your Wii U and go to system settings, change your region to the UK.
3. Go back to the user select screen and select your new user. Don't log in but press 'User Settings' underneath the icon. From here create a new NNID for the account, because you changed your region before this will be a UK NNID.
4. Once you've done this access the eshop on the UK account and redeem the codes.
5. Once the downloads are finished you can play the games on any user account on the console but DO NOT delete your UK user. You will lose access to the games. You don't have to ever use that user again but you cannot delete it.
6. You should be able to change your region back to Australia (or whatever you usually use) and then continue to use your Wii U as you always have before.

Sorry about the 3DS codes though :(

Edit: It's actually possible to change your region back before the downloads finish if that helps. I've changed my region back to AU and signed back in with my normal AU NNID user and the downloads are still continuing like normal

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton

You lose NNID access to eshop and Miiverse for the NNIDs that don't have the same country as the console. But once you switch back the console to the country the NNID belongs, everything comes back to normal.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
I have a question: I already registered those games, retail versions. What happens to my Club Nintendo stars/Premium points if I download the games? Do I get stars and points?

Got both Mario & Luigi and Animal Crossing - thanks again to the opening poster!

Had to delete a few demos which has saved me having to purchase another SD Card, both seem pretty good to me so far!

TheZjman

Banned
Just got Nintendo Network Premium points at full price for W101 and Pikmin 3. So i got a £5 voucher back, so this only cost like £12?

Had to delete MH3U from the WiiU, even though I only had WiiFitU and that, plus some game updates I still didn't have enough room on my premium unit for W101! Looks like I might have to invest in a HDD for it, is it possible to install games to an SD card though? That would be a much nicer solution.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Had to delete MH3U from the WiiU, even though I only had WiiFitU and that, plus some game updates I still didn't have enough room on my premium unit for W101! Looks like I might have to invest in a HDD for it, is it possible to install games to an SD card though? That would be a much nicer solution.

Nope, you need an HDD or (maybe?) a USB key (not guaranteed)

Orgen

Fuck, it pisses me off. I managed to get M&L before the mistake was fixed. I'm from mainland Europe but used a fake address and could proceed until the end of the purchasing process with no issues. I paid with PayPal. Got my order confirmation and PayPal payment mails so everything seemed fine.
However, minutes later I got an order cancelled mail from Nintendo ('we've cancelled your order as requested') and payment rejected mail from PayPal.

Just after ordering I could login the Nintendo store site and check my orders but after I got these mails i couldn't anymore: Not only they had cancelled my order but they also deleted my account altogether!

Now I see everyone here got their codes and it just pissed me off. Not so much the lost game - I'll get over it- but how they handled the whole situation and how it seemed to affect (randomly) only me. Any thoughts?

Same thing happened to me (minus Paypal payment, I used CC). Anything we can do to see what happened with our orders/accounts?

So they did randomly nuke people's accounts? I didn't even use an actual address for my order, I just typed "digital".

Pure guesswork on my part (have you tried second guessing Nintendo/TheHut?), but I wonder if they just singled out a bunch of new accounts that were created yesterday solely for the price errors. Perhaps they thought better of wiping accounts which had made purchases prior to yesterday? Who knows...

Just how many copies were sold in those few sort hours? Any estimates?

I think someone said it made it on to the HotUKDeals website and was going 'hot' (ie popular on their deal scale). Thousands of people jockey that site day in, day out - I wouldn't be surprised if we're talking around 3,000 codes slipping out before the leak was plugged. Total guestimation.

GoaThief

Same thing happened to me (minus Paypal payment, I used CC). Anything we can do to see what happened with our orders/accounts?
I believed this happened to me yesterday for a short while until I attempted to log in for the third time (as it's a charm) and it worked. I definitely was not incorrectly typing the details as they were saved as an auto log in.

Had my code delivered last night, apologies if that rubs salt in any wounds, but this might indicate a problem with their system rather than deliberate deletion of accounts. What happens when you send a recovery request and do you still have the order confirmation email? If the recovery fails I'd email support referencing the order.

SmokyDave

Pure guesswork on my part (have you tried second guessing Nintendo/TheHut?), but I wonder if they just singled out a bunch of new accounts that were created yesterday solely for the price errors. Perhaps they thought better of wiping accounts which had made purchases prior to yesterday? Who knows...
It must've been pretty random because they didn't nuke my account and I only set it up yesterday.

Top Bottom