• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo UK webstore : 3DS/Wii U retail games for ~8£ (DL Code)

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Someone already mentioned this a few pages back, but the player survey stuff for digital doesn't show up until 7 days or so after purchase. We won't know early until next week.

sorry, I missed that.
Thanks for the update. I suppose that the Premium points for the Wii U promotion are guaranteed, in any case, right?

Nilaul

Someone already mentioned this a few pages back, but the player survey stuff for digital doesn't show up until 7 days or so after purchase. We won't know early until next week.

Our Nintendo club rewards, don't exactly encourage people filling in our surveys.

Do those digital sales show at the end of every week in UKs chart?

decaf

If anyone's having problems using their codes, please run them buy me - will buy any 3DS or Wii U games I don't already have for PayPal/Steam gifts!

In particular, I'm after:
- Mario and Luigi: Dream Team Bros
- Wonderful 101
- Pikmin 3

tsab

Received DKC:R3D late at night, still waiting on W101 and M&L though

edit: I was one of the last to buying them (with paypal) before prices reverted

TheZjman

Banned
Just wow, not only can i not fit W101 on my Wii U without deleting everything(it's 13GB), i can't even fit DKCR3D on my 3DS period.

Even if i delete everything i just don't have a big enough SD card but it's the one that came with the system. DK is freaking 17k blocks!

Wish i had accounted for this.

Dantis

Just wow, not only can i not fit W101 on my Wii U without deleting everything(it's 13GB), i can't even fit DKCR3D on my 3DS period.

Even if i delete everything i just don't have a big enough SD card but it's the one that came with the system. DK is freaking 17k blocks!

Hilariously, I am in the exact same situation for DKCR.

That sucks about W101. Is that with a clear hard drive?

I picked up a 16gig SD for 3DS and I doubt I'll fill it in it's lifetime. I have a lot of games too and I'm an ambassador.

They aren't too much money.

Lucifon

Also my issue, wish I'd not redeemed the code, that size is just ridiculous. I bought the game at retail but couldn't get into it and sold it, figured for that price I'd give it another shot. But at that amount of storage used I can't even be bothered to download it...

Guessing you have the basic system? I encountered this as mentioned above with the premium with just WiiFit and Monster Hunter installed on mine! Didn't quite bank on a 13GB install for the game!

That is an unforeseen consequence of the digital games. Having to buy storage for them to be played may exceed the savings that were made in the first place. In that sense it was all a false economy or maybe a conspiracy theory by Sandisk to get people to buy SD cards...

Ulysses 31

Well you can hook up an USB 2/3 external HD to the Wii U and download/move stuff there.

I'm glad I switched to a 32GB SD when I got a 3DS XL. >.>

TheZjman

Banned
Guessing you have the basic system? I encountered this as mentioned above with the premium with just WiiFit and Monster Hunter installed on mine! Didn't quite bank on a 13GB install for the game!

I have a 32GB with just Wii Fit U on same as you.

I literally had to delete everything except Wii Fit U for some reason. Even my NSLU Add-on. I've subsequently deleted W101 and redownloaded everything until i get a HDD.

What a bummer.

This thread kind of proves Nintendo are taking the piss with download prices. Put games up for cheaper and prople are on it. Doesnt even have to be this cheap. They're having a laugh with Dr. Luigi.

Will I buy it anyway? Yes.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
That is an unforeseen consequence of the digital games. Having to buy storage for them to be played may exceed the savings that were made in the first place. In that sense it was all a false economy or maybe a conspiracy theory by Sandisk to get people to buy SD cards...

Nintendo owning Sundisks shares, confirmed!

I have a 32GB with just Wii Fit U on same as you.

I literally had to delete everything except Wii Fit U for some reason. Even my NSLU Add-on. I've subsequently deleted W101 and redownloaded everything until i get a HDD.

What a bummer.

Yeah I only have my WiiFit and W101 now wasn't playing MH anyway so no real loss right now. But crazy how quickly it filled up. I have a few 160GB laptop drives kicking about and even a 64GB SSD so may well just invest in a caddy for one of them.

I wanted to download Biohazard Revelations the other day because the price wasn't that bad, but then I saw how many blocks it was.

Haunted

If you plan on going digital on WiiU, an external HDD is a must, imo. Connected the old one I had on the Wii to the WiiU when I bought Monster Hunter.

The faster load times and no disc reading noises make it worth it.

Does anyone know how long the Wii U codes last?

I don't have a Wii U yet, but I bought W101 and Pikmin because I couldn't pass at that price.

gerudoman

Still waiting for my Mario & Luigi code, but I'm not sure if I really want it now given the problems some non-UK gaffers are having reediming the codes.

Mephala

Posting to say that I had to step out and I've come back to find a number of PMs. I'm sorting through the PMs chronologically and will get back to everyone soon. It is a bit messy at the moment so please have patience I'll reply to all eventually, even if its just to say sorry its gone. :p

ymmv

Banned

The game doesn't fit on 4GB card in my 3DS XL. I have got a 32GB SD card that I got for a DSLR camera that I don't use anymore, but the ancient card reader in my PC doesn't recognize those cards. I had to buy a new memory card reader just to move the data from one card to another. That was an unexpected expenditure.

Dantis

The game doesn't fit on 4GB card in my 3DS XL. I have got a 32GB SD card that I got for a DSLR camera that I don't use anymore, but the ancient card reader in my PC doesn't recognize those cards. I had to buy a new memory card reader just to move the data from one card to another. That was an unexpected expenditure.

Wait, really? Was your XL card blank?

I thought the game was only 2.1GB?

Xater

Still waiting for my Mario & Luigi code, but I'm not sure if I really want it now given the problems some non-UK gaffers are having reediming the codes.

It's people from Australia that have issues. Their eShop doesn't seem to be the same as for Europe when it comes to the game codes.

L~A

sorry, I missed that.
Thanks for the update. I suppose that the Premium points for the Wii U promotion are guaranteed, in any case, right?

Huh, what do you mean about the Play survey thing? You mean, the Club Nintendo stuff? If yes, then easy : survey generally becomes available within 24h (it's always been like that for me)

If you buy the DL version of a game, you get BOTH your Nintendo Network Premium point (based on the current price of the game, doesn't matter if you bought it at 8 bucks, you'll get 40€worth of points if the game is @ 40€on the eShop), AND your stars. Actually, for retail games, you get 250 stars + 250 bonus stars. So yeah, 500 stars total.

Oh, and the amount of stars doesn't seem to change over time : got 250 stars for 10€ ZombiU :p

And I repeat : those surveys appear within 24h, usually.

ymmv

Banned
Wait, really? Was your XL card blank?

I thought the game was only 2.1GB?

I already have a couple of games on the 4GB card that came with the 3DS XL. I bought DK plus M&L:DTB yesterday. I don't have enough room for both new games.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
How fast should a usb be for WiiU? Whats the dvd read spead? And whats the fastest it can do?

The drive speed for Wii U is 22.5 MB/s. The external HDD speed is limited by Usb 2.0, so it doesn't really matter how fast is the HDD itself. The speed for a USB 2.0 HDD is around 40 MB/s.

69wpm

I just found a micro usb for 56 pounds, it would bearly stick out of my wiiu and it costs 60 pounds.

Yay or nay?

Theres also this (64gb for 28 pounds):

Link

Nay, USB Sticks are not meant to be constantly read, it will die within months. Better get a cheap used external hard drive, USB 2.0 is enough.

Xeno_V

Did anyone receive any codes in the past few hours?
I am still at the "awaiting stock" or something status, nu updates whatsoever..

Nilaul

Dont worry they will send it to you. I recieved mine at 12 in the night. I guess they might have something that just generates codes every 24 hours.

Jucksalbe

Banned
Just saw that they gave me 420 points for W101 on the Nintendo Network Premium thing. So basically I also (almost) got 5€ back from this. Quite the deal.

How long ago did you put the code in? I tried my W101 code 5 hours ago and it didn't go through, same with the Animal Crossing one on my 3DS.

I think it was around 8pm (German time).

Xater

Yep, still nothing for me. Kinda ridiculous. Make up you mind Nintendo! I either get it or I don't. I have sent them a question about it.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
At GMT 16:21, I received the email "Welcome to Nintendo Uk Online Store", where it's said

Thank you for making your first purchase. A full order confirmation will be sent to you shortly

I still have to receive the code, but this is encouraging, right?

iKk9aIeTjzQBk.jpg

feels-good-man-thumb.jpg

I've tried searching around but can't find a good answer.

If I do a factory reset to switch to the UK store does the following happen:

* I lose all data on the 3DS (yes)
* The saves are on the game cartridge so they are ok (yes...note I had no download titles)
* I can redownload any titles (not the ambassador games...probably have to ring Nintendo for that)
* I can switch to the UK store and redeem the code (yes!)
* I can switch back after (if I wanted to do so...which I don't)

Edit. I did it anyway (answered my own questions above for reference). I could probably relink my nnid to get my ambassador games back...but yeah fuck that.

OK Nintendo, now this is just getting silly. You're saying that you'll give me Nintendo Premium points for the full price value of the games I bought cheap? Well, if you insist:

i6SqZluRM7MV0.jpg

One activation code for £5 credit received. But then look how close I am to another £5 code.. which will be achieved as soon as I buy Legend of the Mystical Ninja today, costing me the grand total of 49p.

Crazy Nintendo is best Nintendo.

Hedja

OK Nintendo, now this is just getting silly. You're saying that you'll give me Nintendo Premium points for the full price value of the games I bought cheap? Well, if you insist:

One activation code for £5 credit received. But then look how close I am to another £5 code.. which will be achieved as soon as I buy Legend of the Mystical Ninja today, costing me the grand total of 49p.

Crazy Nintendo is best Nintendo.

Completely forgot about Premium. 672pts already. Nice.

Top Bottom