• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

- Nintendont - | Yes, you CAN play GameCube games on your Wii U!

FSLink

Banned
It's like a homebrew cycle where eventually one random drive by poster comes by and accuses everyone of piracy, derails the topic, and it goes back to us doing whatever.

Anyway, haven't ran Nintendont in awhile, they fixed the 4:3 aspect ratio? :O Skies of Arcadia now runs in 4:3 when I turn off "Force Widescreen".

Rich!

Anyway, haven't ran Nintendont in awhile, they fixed the 4:3 aspect ratio? :O Skies of Arcadia now runs in 4:3 when I turn off "Force Widescreen".

That's been fixed since December! There's 4:3/16:9 force options now.

Update your Nintendont, bro! Use the update menu in the app itself.

ynitjMC.jpg

This weekend I finally got around to putting this on my wii and it initially worked with my first two games. However, when I tried to add any more games my loader thing (USB loader gx) it sees the game I just added and all just like before, but it gets to the nintendont screen, it does its thing then the wii shuts off. Ideas?

Rich!

This weekend I finally got around to putting this on my wii and it initially worked with my first two games. However, when I tried to add any more games my loader thing (USB loader gx) it sees the game I just added and all just like before, but it gets to the nintendont screen, it does its thing then the wii shuts off. Ideas?

Just use Nintendont and a forwarder for it.

I feel USB loader GX and wiiflow complicate the situation. Sure, they look prettier than the basic ass menu of Nintendont, but at least Nintendont by itself always works without issues.

I don't use either USB Loader GX or Wiiflow. And I've never had any issues. Load up Nintendont, browse the simple menu and play a game. No fucking around.

That's been fixed since December! There's 4:3/16:9 force options now.

Update your Nintendont, bro! Use the update menu in the app itself.
Wow, I didn't know this. Will update soon.

On a related note, my Wii (not U) has Dios Mios installed. And I can access the games via CFG and/or USB Loader GX (some games don't work through CFG but work with GX). If I want to install Nintendont, do I need to get rid of Dios Mios?

Just use Nintendont and a forwarder for it.

I feel USB loader GX and wiiflow complicate the situation. Sure, they look prettier than the basic ass menu of Nintendont, but at least Nintendont by itself always works without issues.

I don't use either USB Loader GX or Wiiflow. And I've never had any issues. Load up Nintendont, browse the simple menu and play a game. No fucking around.

Don't I know it. Wise words, seriously I've spent more time confusing myself and over complicating things with these forwarders than playing the games.

Joey Ravn

Banned
Don't I know it. Wise words, seriously I've spent more time confusing myself and over complicating things with these forwarders than playing the games.

I don't know, man. Your problems with USB Loader GX are extremely odd, and most likely caused by something you did wrong. If you followed the installation guide on that thread, or at Wiibrew, you shouldn't be having all the issues you've had. It looks as if you don't have the correct cIOS installed, but we can't be sure without knowing exactly what process you followed when installing everything.

And there's nothing ironic about "USB" Loader GX: it only loads Wii game from USB devices. The only games it can load from an SD card are GameCube games (through Nintendont, Devolution or DIOS MIOS, actually). I don't know why you are claiming just the opposite, to be honest. If it's because your USB devices aren't working, well, again, it's probably not USBLGX's fault.

I don't know, man. Your problems with USB Loader GX are extremely odd, and most likely caused by something you did wrong. If you followed the installation guide on that thread, or at Wiibrew, you shouldn't be having all the issues you've had. It looks as if you don't have the correct cIOS installed, but we can't be sure without knowing exactly what process you followed when installing everything.

And there's nothing ironic about "USB" Loader GX: it only loads Wii game from USB devices. The only games it can load from an SD card are GameCube games (through Nintendont, Devolution or DIOS MIOS, actually). I don't know why you are claiming just the opposite, to be honest. If it's because your USB devices aren't working, well, again, it's probably not USBLGX's fault.

Hey, I've held my hands up and admitted it's probably something stupid that I'm doing on more than one occasion. As someone who's completely green, the nintendont revelation really made me look into the homebrew scene. Not being around in the months previous, it's a huge headache trying to catch up. The Cios situation requires hours of googling and each faq I read I learn a bit more. I sometimes also get confused a bit more, I mean I get my head around one thing, then realise that was for the WII, NOT WiiU. Then I find for the WiiU you have to do it a bit differently, etc etc, it goes on and on. As someone said yesterday, it's definitely best for noobs to stick with Nintendon't and don't bother with the other stuff.

Got home from work tonight, and it's all working. Straight off the bat, straight into USB loader gx showing my Cube and Wii stuff, no weird hang, no detection problems, it just fucking worked. Awesome.

Rich!

Hooray!

From now on, here's some advice: ask GAF for help installing homebrew stuff if you don't want to follow a million tutorials. We know our shit

Hey, I've held my hands up and admitted it's probably something stupid that I'm doing on more than one occasion. As someone who's completely green, the nintendont revelation really made me look into the homebrew scene. Not being around in the months previous, it's a huge headache trying to catch up. The Cios situation requires hours of googling and each faq I read I learn a bit more. I sometimes also get confused a bit more, I mean I get my head around one thing, then realise that was for the WII, NOT WiiU. Then I find for the WiiU you have to do it a bit differently, etc etc, it goes on and on. As someone said yesterday, it's definitely best for noobs to stick with Nintendon't and don't bother with the other stuff.

Got home from work tonight, and it's all working. Straight off the bat, straight into USB loader gx showing my Cube and Wii stuff, no weird hang, no detection problems, it just fucking worked. Awesome.
Would you mind linking to the instructions you used for USB Loader GX? I tried getting it to work a couple of weeks ago but had no luck.

Would you mind linking to the instructions you used for USB Loader GX? I tried getting it to work a couple of weeks ago but had no luck.

I'll look for the link, it was a youtube video that I used. I stuck on Nintendont at first, everything was good, then the fun began and I stuck on USB loader GX. So I put it on using the usual method (In root:\apps) and used multi mod manager to stick on the USB loader GX forwader.wad All I did after that was the cios process, as in:

56 - 249
57 - 250
58 - 251

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
I don't know when it happened, but the latest update for USB Loader GX plays super nicely with Nintendont and it has Wii U Widescreen toggles which can be chosen per game. It's finally the perfect solution for me. I just turned off Widescreen globally, and only enabled it for the few games which were actually released with legit widescreen settings (that's how I roll.. No widescreen hacks for me, thanks).

I haven't checked if it works with U Stealth, but if so... It's utterly perfect to me.

Joey Ravn

Banned
I don't know when it happened, but the latest update for USB Loader GX plays super nicely with Nintendont and it has Wii U Widescreen toggles which can be chosen per game. It's finally the perfect solution for me. I just turned off Widescreen globally, and only enabled it for the few games which were actually released with legit widescreen settings (that's how I roll.. No widescreen hacks for me, thanks).

I haven't checked if it works with U Stealth, but if so... It's utterly perfect to me.

Yep, USB Loader GX incorporated those features around... two months ago, and they rock. And it works flawlessly with UStealth ;)

I'll look for the link, it was a youtube video that I used. I stuck on Nintendont at first, everything was good, then the fun began and I stuck on USB loader GX. So I put it on using the usual method (In root:\apps) and used multi mod manager to stick on the USB loader GX forwader.wad All I did after that was the cios process, as in:

56 - 249
57 - 250
58 - 251

Thanks, if you could find the link, that would be really helpful.

I'll try starting from scratch. Do I need to do anything special or just erase the contenst of the USB and try again?

Welp, another weekend goes by and more problems with various loaders and nintendont. To cut a long story short, I tried two different loaders with a few Sega games I wanted to catch up with in glorious HDMI-vision, here's what I've had this evening:

House of the dead 2+3 wouldn't start in WiiFlow. Hard freeze on start up - Had to pull the plug. Tried on USB Loader GX and started fine. Played for a while.

Sonic Gems from USB Loader GX. Sonic R. Hard freeze twice during gameplay - Had to pull the plug both times.

Not sure why this is, but fuck it. I think I'm done here, I absolutely HATE the fact this stuff is causing me to have to pull the plug when my machine is on. I may revisit with the Wii at some point but the clarity is much worse.. Such a shame.

EmiPrime

I don't even bother with the loaders, their Nintendont implementation isn't mature enough.

No problems just using Nintendont directly.

Ryne

Nintendont is pretty awesome, just gave it a go today after lots of reading. Ended up installing it without too much of an issue.

Ripping my games are a lot more annoying than I thought it would be, I messed up a couple times there even though the process is super simple.

Dad

I've been having a weird issue playing my Gamecube games with the Wii U pro controller. Every few minutes while I'm playing, my B and A buttons swap with my X and Y buttons, and then they'll swap back a few minutes later. It's rendering most of my games unplayable right now and I'm wondering if anyone might know what's causing it.

I've been having a weird issue playing my Gamecube games with the Wii U pro controller. Every few minutes while I'm playing, my B and A buttons swap with my X and Y buttons, and then they'll swap back a few minutes later. It's rendering most of my games unplayable right now and I'm wondering if anyone might know what's causing it.

You're pressing Select / -.

It swaps those buttons.

bigkurz

Banned
If by OK you mean fucking amazingly then sure

truth. ive spent my whole morning homebrew'ing my wii u, backing up my GC games on my old wii, and getting it all setup.

I guess I just haven't paid any attention...I didnt realize this was all working on Wii U. I now have hardly any reason to keep my Wii (was my emulator machine). Then again, if I need to backup a gamecube game i buy then ill need it.

this is just great.

bigkurz

Banned
I'm so ridiculously late to this party but am so happy right now. Just played a few rounds of Timesplitters 2 with the Wii U Pro Controller.

This is great. I feel so dumb for not knowing this for so long!

bigkurz

Banned
QUESTION:

I know that there's a Super Mario 64 hack floating around out there which made it playable on the Gamecube. Does THIS work with Nintendont?

bigkurz

Banned
Sorry guys, another question. It's hard digging through this whole thread.

If I get the mayflash adapter, is that compatible with the wavebird for nintendont?

bigkurz

Banned
Gotcha. Just ordered that one. Thanks.

What's the difference between the force widescreen and wii u widescreen options?

I'm still a bit confused about how the widescreen options work, and unfortunately I'm not home today to keep fiddling.

Xhorder

I finally got my GC controller adapter last week and wow, F-Zero GX is so much better with an original GameCube controller.

Through a loader of your choice. Check the Nintendont and cheat support therein.

I have no idea what any of this is though. I don't know of any loaders. I'm on an orignal wii and just have loaded my ripped games on my sd card. To have my collection there without disk swapping

I see an option to turn on cheats but I have no idea how to select any or anything, I

Do you mean a USB loader? I'm just loading Nintendon't from my Hombrew Channel

I've just never messed with cheats because I never had an action replay and just saw it was and option and wanted to have some fun in my replays messing with things

I saw this on a website
Cheats – Turn cheats on or off.

Debugger – Turn the Debugger on or off (Not important for regular use)

Debugger Wait – (Another debug option not important for regular use)

Memcard Emulation – Turn Memory Cards on or off (If on it will emulate a memory card on your SD/USB, If off it will try and use a real Memory Card which you can use on a GC compatible Wii.)

Cheat Path – To enable use of .txt files for cheats (If you aren’t using cheats dont turn it on)

Also this
Yes, cheat codes are working.
To enable the cheat codes, you need to download kenobiwii.bin file and put it in your sneek folder from the device where your games are located, like this: SD:/sneek/kenobiwii.bin and USB:/sneek/kenobiwii.bin

Generate your cheat code file using your preferred method (USBloader, online, etc.)

If you launch Nintendont from the Homebrew Channel, put the .gct file in /games/GameID6/GameID6.gct
Enable cheat option in Nintendont settings and launch the game.

If you launch from a loader, it will be loaded wherever the loader's default gct location is.
Then, enable Ocarina or Cheat option and launch the game.

Note: Some cheatcodes won't work, especially the ones related to controller/Button press if you don't use "Native Control" settings.
Converted codes from Action replay of gameshark are not always compatible

I just don't know what a cheat.txt file is or how i'd select cheats. What is that .bin file. What is a sneek folider. How do I generate cheats? what is a .gct file.

Do you mean a USB loader? I'm just loading Nintendon't from my Hombrew Channel
Yes. Configurable USB loader, or USB loader GX. Install one of those. Doing it another way is making hard work for yourself.

For USB loader GX the process involves switching on one menu option, choosing to download the cheats with another, and finally selecting which cheats to use in the game you are about to play. Literally couldn't be easier.

Robin64

Weird. I've just been playing TwiPri for about 5 hours now, using the Wii U Pro Controller. A was A, B was B, and so on. That is, press the B button on the Pro and Link swings his sword.

Then randomly, this switched mid-game, so that now B is A and Y is B. That is, I now have to press Y on the Pro controller to swing my sword. As you can imagine, it has been rather annoying!

Rich!

Weird. I've just been playing TwiPri for about 5 hours now, using the Wii U Pro Controller. A was A, B was B, and so on. That is, press the B button on the Pro and Link swings his sword.

Then randomly, this switched mid-game, so that now B is A and Y is B. That is, I now have to press Y on the Pro controller to swing my sword. As you can imagine, it has been rather annoying!

Stop pressing Select/Minus!!

It switches the control layout!

Top Bottom