• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NISA releasing Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls (PSVita) in Fall

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Why?

Non-spoiler impressions from those who's played it said that this game is pretty essential, and story-wise, more than matches and in some respects, even best the first/second game.
I'll probably just read up what happens. Playing a TPS wihh the Vita sticks isn't something I'm interested in. Maybe I'll look up some spoiler free impressions and go from there.

GSR

Guess I will hold off on playing 2. Have too much other stuff anyways

General warning: AE has a lot of spoilers for DR2. Some of them are indirect, but they'll very much color your perception of DR2 and probably lead you to guess most of the twists ahead of time.

No, you should definitely play 2 before AE. AE happens before 2 chronologically but assumes you've played 2. I know very little about AE's story but without giving too much away, it's highly unlikely that 2 could spoil any events of AE but AE could wind up dropping some massive spoilers for DR2.

prwxv3

Why?

Non-spoiler impressions from those who's played it said that this game is pretty essential, and story-wise, more than matches and in some respects, even best the first/second game.

Wow. I am impressed. Its nice to see a dev take their side games seriously.

antibolo

Banned
Gonna need a LE injected directly INTO MAH VEINS.

I became a Danganronpa fan too late so I missed out on the DR2 LE and I'm still salty about it.

Dambrosi

Banned
Hmmm, so seems like it's time to finally buy the two Vita DRs. It's a good thing they're both on sale for the next couple weeks (in the EU anyway).

I mean I like point+click adventure games with puzzles (I know it's not quite the same, but they share narrative focus), so in theory if the game is well written and not just zany for zany sake I don't see why I wouldn't like it!

I really don't know if you'll find it well-written. I've seen a lot of people say it isn't at all and relies on generic anime tropes, which I of course don't completely agree with but can see where they're coming from. The presentation and atmosphere is a big part of the series that in my opinion elevates the writing, as the zaniness creates an interesting cognitive dissonance between the constantly shifting tones which make the various plot developments jarringly effective.

But again, it's hard to say what your opinion will be.

Jachaos

I don't think you're going to like it, but at least try to push through to the end of the first trial. Feel free to drop it after that if you aren't feeling it by then.

I mean I like point+click adventure games with puzzles (I know it's not quite the same, but they share narrative focus), so in theory if the game is well written and not just zany for zany sake I don't see why I wouldn't like it!

The first trial is actually very easy and I don't think it's the best representation of the other trials in either game, especially the second one which had amazing trials (I could never figure out a single one going into the trial. So many things spinning in my head. Maybe others could, but I sure didn't.)

I do love the first game's atmosphere more (music and art-style and setting and the suffocation - the second one also has a nice atmosphere but the first one was better in that regard I feel.)

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I guess DR:AE is kinda like Birth by Sleep. Even if Birth by Sleep is Kingdom Hearts 0, you need to have knowledge from KH1 and KH2, else you'll be confused or spoiled.

JNA

Banned

3c4b6f4dc4f3dbc2ba6d56ee60227076fcc92c28e1eb09c5a158823aa6f096d3.jpg

You gotta play in order yo! :D

tookhster

ahhh I kind of want to look up some videos to see just how it handles but I just know I'll end up spoiling myself :/

Rule #1 for Danganronpa - Don't search for anything about the games on Youtube (or even Google) until you've beaten them, because you WILL get spoiled from suggested video thumbnails. People purposely put spoilers on the thumbnails and there are a bunch of them out there.

Steel

Banned
ahhh I kind of want to look up some videos to see just how it handles but I just know I'll end up spoiling myself :/

This series is notorious for how easy it is to get spoiled by searching online. There was an impressions thread for Daganronpa: Another Episode(which is this pre-localization) that you could look at... Though I'm not actually sure it's spoiler free either. In any case, it's highly recommended to p[lay DR 1 & 2 before this. Like, they're directly related.

kewlmyc

Yay, hopefully they don't censor anything.

Fall seems so far away, but there's an absurd amount of spoken dialogue in this game so it makes sense.

Alucrid

Banned
so are the mini games better than 2? fucking hated doing the trial games in 2. also hope there ain't no magical monomi mini game shit.

MildSoss

Is that one sale still going on? Might have to jump in and buy both, always been interested in trying the series seeing how it gets positive responses on here.

Awesome. I was hoping for a summer release, but as as long as I am getting it, I'm happy. Day 1.

Hopefully there is another limited edition.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Think I'll keep my tradition of not watching any official trailers for Danganronpa games so I can go in as fresh as possible. Heck, I didn't even watch one for the first game when all I heard about it was "Ace Attorney + 999 + Clue + Battle Royale + dash of Persona".

-Horizon-

Rule #1 for Danganronpa - Don't search for anything about the games on Youtube (or even Google) until you've beaten them, because you WILL get spoiled from suggested video thumbnails. People purposely put spoilers on the thumbnails and there are a bunch of them out there.

This series is notorious for how easy it is to get spoiled by searching online. There was an impressions thread for Daganronpa: Another Episode(which is this pre-localization) that you could look at... Though I'm not actually sure it's spoiler free either. In any case, it's highly recommended to p[lay DR 1 & 2 before this. Like, they're directly related.
Aghhhh guess I should get started on 2 then :[

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
In other words, don't look up Danganronpa hentai until you've beaten the game.

Top Bottom