• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NISA releasing Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls (PSVita) in Fall

MattyG

Banned
This is a little off topic, but I had a question for those of you who played DR2. I love 1, played it in 2-3 days, but I just couldn't get into 2. I got 4 hours in just
past the first trial.
Would you guys recommend restarting or just pick up where I left off? Am I going to need to remember the fine details of that first case for later bits? Because I remember most of what heppened, I just don't remember small things like evidence or anything.

antibolo

Banned
Rule #1 for Danganronpa - Don't search for anything about the games on Youtube (or even Google) until you've beaten them, because you WILL get spoiled from suggested video thumbnails. People purposely put spoilers on the thumbnails and there are a bunch of them out there.

So much this.

Fun story: When I started DR2 and was still on chapter 2 I wondered "hey are there any figures of Chiaki" so I typed Chiaki Nanami into Google and it autocompleted
execution
. (obviously, don't look at this spoiler unless you beaten DR2)

This is a little off topic, but I had a question for those of you who played DR2. I love 1, played it in 2-3 days, but I just couldn't get into 2. I got 4 hours in just
past the first trial.
Would you guys recommend restarting or just pick up where I left off? Am I going to need to remember the fine details of that first case for later bits? Because I remember most of what heppened, I just don't remember small things like evidence or anything.

Not really. The evidence is whatever. You should be able to pick the game back up if you remember the overarching plot.

MattyG

Banned
Not really. The evidence is whatever. You should be able to pick the game back up if you remember the overarching plot.
Awesome! I'm gonna try to get back to it and finish it this weekend. I loved the first, I just think I tried to play them too close together.

tookhster

past the first trial.

You should be fine. The game gives flashbacks on super important stuff anyway.

ZeroX03

Banned
past the first trial.

Just keep going. The game gets a little better. But I was like you and the first chapter didn't grip me and the rest of the game was a huge disappointment compared to DR1. Not a bad game but it didn't grip me.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Awesome! I'm gonna try to get back to it and finish it this weekend. I loved the first, I just think I tried to play them too close together.

Maybe review the opening sequence once. It's... Well, just do it, haha.

Just keep going. The game gets a little better. But I was like you and the first chapter didn't grip me and the rest of the game was a huge disappointment compared to DR1. Not a bad game but it didn't grip me.

DR2 is so much better than the original it's not even funny. The characters, the trials, the twists, the scenarios, the areas, everything.

Steel

Banned
past the first trial.

Hmmm... Well, there is an advantage to starting over with the same save file, you could get more free time events done. While it's not absolutely necessary to remember everything from chapter 1, it wouldn't hurt.

Via Playstation Twitter (& most likely also NIS America's press conference):

5263aeb841.jpg

So is this a fighting game? Looks different assuming the passed 2 are VNs.

FLD

Aww yiss! It was expected but it's good to have an official confirmation. Definitely a day one buy for me.

Steel

Banned
Actually if you think about it (DR 1 spoilers)
this whole thread is a spoiler with that pic of genocide jill still being alive and slicing stuff up with scissors. People who buy DR 1 after this thread are already spoiled on someone who survives and the whole "terminally timid girl is actually a serial killer" twist.

ZeroX03

Banned
DR2 is so much better than the original it's not even funny. The characters, the trials, the twists, the scenarios, the areas, everything.

absolutely not. Characters except one, atmosphere and twists were all a big step down for me.
Nagito
saves that game so much.

LX_Theo

Banned
absolutely not. Characters except one, atmosphere and twists were all a big step down for me.
Nagito
saves that game so much.

Characters, I can get being all subjective.

Atmosphere were similar though different. Could also see being subjective.

But I have no idea how the twists in DR2 could be considered worse than DR1

Forbiden

this whole thread is a spoiler with that pick of genocide jill still being alive and slicing stuff up with scissors. People who buy DR 1 after this thread are already spoiled on someone who survives and the whole "terminally timid girl is actually a serial killer" twist.

I don't really think it's a spoiler.
I mean, you can't see her face, it's not really easy to tell that those are scissors and even if you could, you don't even know genocide jill uses them till later in the story anyways

Baust

this whole thread is a spoiler with that pick of genocide jill still being alive and slicing stuff up with scissors. People who buy DR 1 after this thread are already spoiled on someone who survives and the whole "terminally timid girl is actually a serial killer" twist.

Yeah, that and (DR1 Spoilers)
the fact that the outside world is all destroyed. I thought it was cool to learn playing the game.

batbeg

Lol I read the first sentence of that description and had to stop because I just started Danganronpa and have already been spoiled. Guess I'll watch this trailer in several weeks after finishing these games.

ZeroX03

Banned
Characters, I can get being all subjective.

Atmosphere were similar though different. Could also see being subjective.

But I have no idea how the twists in DR2 could be considered worse than DR1

I had 2/3rd of the game spoiled by some fucking Gaffer who didn't spoiler tag a post, so those twists probably didn't affect me as much as others. I honestly can't remember much of DR2's twists at this point. I just
know Nagito was so much better than the rest of the cast and game nosediving once he was gone

I'M BACK BITCHES

king swag asshole is back in the building

LX_Theo

Banned
Lol I read the first sentence of that description and had to stop because I just started Danganronpa and have already been spoiled. Guess I'll watch this trailer in several weeks after finishing these games.

Rules of Danganronpa

Rule 1: Everything relating to the series is a potential spoiler.

Rule 2: Beware Rule 1.

JJP12

I'm so excited for this. The trailer is crazy and I didn't expect it to look so nice. Man, the games coming this fall just keep stacking up...

FluxWaveZ

I want to get it because Danganronpa. Was it well received in Japan?

This Gematsu article is interesting, regarding Japan's reception of the game. In short: apparently mechanically poor, relatively, however a game that a Danganronpa fan will enjoy for the characters, setting, aesthetic, etc.

I don't understand all these people going "I'll wait for this before playing DR2." Kind of a weird response.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I just realized another great part of this being confirmed is being able to read reactions by others while I play the game with them.

Top Bottom