• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NJPW G1 Special in USA [OT] Billy Gunn Main Events in 2017

Syder

AWIsEFR.gif

Cody was so done by the end of that, looked like Okada was lifting a sack of potatoes. Average match, but the crowd hating Cody helped - I actually liked the One Winged Angel tease, that was a nice bit of storytelling.

Ithil

I know what he said. But what's the point of having him say anything if it's just "nah, this is your thing".

Probably they thought it would be weird for Omega to be out there during the main event and to not have any interaction between them, and also for some hype build to said G1 match

I think we end up with 4 Okada/Omega matches. They are 1-0-1 right now. Omega wins at G1. They would be 1-1-1. Okada wins the last match at King of Pro Wrestling to finally prove he's better.

Are you serious? Okada was so Cena tonight.

If Okada carried Cody, match would of been done on 5-10 minutes .

Okada 100% carried Cody.

Dude sold Cody's Rainmaker better than Cody sold his

I look at it differently.
I look at it as he took an impossible situation, Cody and then he made it gold

It wasn't it was mediocre. It was average. It wasn't better than a bunch of WWE PPV main events.

"I wish I could tell you what they were saying" JR, as he talks over the translator.

That's it for me, fine show. Could've been better, but it was fine.

This is your big US break out show and the crowd wanted a towel stoppage.

This wasn't even Fale this was below that.

This appears to be more of a "beta test" then the true big US breakout. Gave the crowd enough to get them hooked and wanting more. They said 2018 is when they're going to go full steam with this

Fox318

God its a fucking shame this production is 3rd rate.

I really do think if New Japan could get a backer they could do well on primetime with a live or live to tape show.

Top Bottom