• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No God of War at PSX 2016

vivekTO

I think we have to wait for the release to see how will it pans out , Personally , i will prefer if they double down on the E3 Demo , that is Over the shoulder camera , Close combats , the Axe and the story between the father and the son. i will be disappointed if any of these will not make into the final game :(

Lady Gaia

I seem to remember something about the game being "closer than you think" according to Barlog. If they're aiming for 2017 I'd want to team focused on a huge production push rather than making demo-ware at this point. Of course that doesn't preclude a delay to 2018, but I wouldn't be surprised if the goal was next year.

When they showed it at E3 I immediately added it to the list of games announced too early. Should have debuted at E3 '17 at best.

I think we have to wait for the release to see how will it pans out , Personally , i will prefer if they double down on the E3 Demo , that is Over the shoulder camera , Close combats , the Axe and the story between the father and the son. i will be disappointed if any of these will not make into the final game :(

I don't think you have to worry about that. If anything David actually played some of it.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=212427816&postcount=730

Maddanth

This is coming out in 2018, most likely, isn't it?
Most likely I would say March 2018. It looked so good what they shown IMO. As long as we get Spider-Man, days gone, and maybe Detroit in 2017? Although I should probably get my expectations in check shouldn't I? Lol.

Every single God of War E3 display to date has been altered significantly on final release, most of the time with upgrades and gameplay/story changes. It won't be scrapped entirely but it will not look the same as what we saw.

Even if God of War and Days Gone are 2018 Sony still has a stacked 2017.

- Horizon
- Nier
- Nioh
- GT Sport
- Gravity Rush 2
- Detroit Become Human
- Persona 5

All of these (except Detroit maybe) are borderline 100% going to come in 2017.

And if even one of these also gets released this year alongside them:

- God of War
- Days Gone
- Spiderman
- Final Fantasy 7 Remake

Along with the aforementioned it will be one of the GOAT years for Sony.

That's what I hear every year. The last time it held true was 2011. Heard this narrative in 2015, 2016 and now 2017.

I know games take a while but Sony are notorious when it comes to announcing games early, then delay them further. Only time a game successfully came out on time this generation was Bloodborne and Infamous.

I won't say jack until its December 2017. I already knew God of War and Days Gone would be 2018 titles, but I still have hope for Spider-Man and Detroit. This year they already delayed Uncharted 4 and The Last Guardian while pushing Horizon, Gravity Rush 2 and Gran Turismo Sport to next year. It'll likely happen again.

I wouldn't be annoyed by this if we actually got more games from Sony beyond remasters. If you own multiple platforms, it's a problem.

Best wishes.

Blam

The writing was on the wall the moment we all saw this.

54b95ac99cfb38156c49e77eba3b27da.png

Yeah lol not sure why people are shocked they are staying by their world.

Maddanth

That's what I hear every year. The last time it held true was 2011. Heard this narrative in 2015, 2016 and now 2017.

I know games take a while but Sony are notorious when it comes to announcing games early, then delay them further. Only time a game successfully came out on time this generation was Bloodborne and Infamous.

I won't say jack until its December 2017. I already knew God of War and Days Gone would be 2018 titles, but I still have hope for Spider-Man and Detroit. This year they already delayed Uncharted 4 and The Last Guardian while pushing Horizon, Gravity Rush 2 and Gran Turismo Sport to next year. It'll likely happen again.

I wouldn't be annoyed by this if we actually got more games from Sony beyond remasters. If you own multiple platforms, it's a problem.

Best wishes.
Isn't Nier, Nioh, and horizon all February release dates rite? Wow January and February usually go quiet but this year resident evil January, and those 3 in February. Great time to be a gamer, IMO. Not to mention For Honor in February too. Damn.

Best wishes.
Sony has no games is back

Everyone is forgetting Dreams? Though I'm confused what's that's going to be.

Bit worrying how long that game is spending in development. I get that it's a supremely ambitious project, and I'm grateful for that, but man, all this time now and still no release window in sight.

Lol, they are not "starting from scratch". The E3 demo was of course very scripted. Cory even clarified that it's not technically in the game (the way the demo unfolds). It's just a huge game, systems are being implemented. Things started out rough. After Darkside got completely scrapped, there's a lot of pressure to deliver.

Time to make the game.

vivekTO

Lol, they are not "starting from scratch". The E3 demo was of course very scripted. Cory even clarified that it's not technically in the game (the way the demo unfolds). It's just a huge game, systems are being implemented. After Darkside got completely scrapped, there's a lot of pressure to deliver.

Time to make the game.

Phew.. its all good :)

Lol, they are not "starting from scratch". The E3 demo was of course very scripted. Cory even clarified that it's not technically in the game (the way the demo unfolds). It's just a huge game, systems are being implemented. After Darkside got completely scrapped, there's a lot of pressure to deliver.

Time to make the game.

Thank you for shooting that garbage down.

Time to make the game.
While I didn't believe that guy for a second, good to get some confirmation

Time to make the game.
You just wanted to see the insanity unfold didn't you. You could've clarified earlier lol.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Lol, they are not "starting from scratch". The E3 demo was of course very scripted. Cory even clarified that it's not technically in the game (the way the demo unfolds). It's just a huge game, systems are being implemented. Things started out rough. After Darkside got completely scrapped, there's a lot of pressure to deliver.

Time to make the game.
Called it.

Starting over is probably the incorrect term, it's probably more like "actually making a playable game" instead of making an e3 video

Time to make the game.

Thanks for clarifying. Good to know it was bunk.

Edit: lol @ making an E3 video. That's rich. Nice try on the save though.

etta

my hard graphic balls

Time to make the game.
Nice.

Nibel

I love how people say "thanks for clarification" when the end result - that the game is at very early stages and the E3 demo was nothing more than a moodsetter - stays the same, no matter which of the two posts you read

I love how people say "thanks for clarification" when the end result - that the game is at very early stages and the E3 demo was nothing more than a moodsetter - stays the same, no matter which of the two posts you read

But, not at all though?

One post literally says that the game got scrapped post demo and the other just says it's a game in development.

Huge difference.

strafer

Time to make the game.

Listen to Nedry. He said the magic word.

love you

Crossing Eden

Thanks for clarifying. Good to know it was bunk.

Edit: lol @ making an E3 video. That's rich. Nice try on the save though.
Yea, making an e3 specific video. Shinobi basically confirmed what i've been saying in this thread about the nature of a demo like that reveal. Specifically about how they need to actually make a game, (and it's underlying systems), instead of an incredibly scripted vertical slice that has all the concepts of a game. Like I said specifically, instead of an audio that's meant to make the viewer think "oh cool you can give commands" despite it being a scripted moment, it's actually be something you can do.

Time to make the game.

Boom

The E3 version was all smoke and mirrors. They are pretty much starting over from what I was told. 2017 will be a miracle.

tumblr_inline_o547iwHcCv1r4btlm_500.gif

You mean scrapping an entire game and starting from scratch and making a vertical slice demo is the same thing..well the more I learn I guess

Memento

People actually believed the guy that said they were starting from the scratch? Guys you are so naive...

Also the guy should be banned. Stop bullshitting on the internet mate.

Nibel

But, not at all though?

One post literally says that the game got scrapped post demo and the other just says it's a game in development.

Huge difference.

"Start over" can mean that everything from the demo content-wise has been removed (because it was just made for a demo and not suitable enough as working mechanics in a game) and the actual game development just started recently; I never got the impression Shogmaster implied anything else, but hey, since he doesn't even care to clarify that I'll leave it at that

Time to make the game.
Thank you for clarifying.
So, it was a vertical slice, like %90 of all E3 demos we've ever seen.

By the way, anything to say on that DMC5 rumor?
LOL

Ok so you are the one with the Akshay gif too, Cheers!!
Yeah, Akshay is amazing :)

Chobel

Exactly, Shinobi basically said the same thing except in a more diplomatic way.

Yea, making an e3 specific video. Shinobi basically confirmed what i've been saying in this thread about the nature of a demo like that reveal. Specifically about how they need to actually make a game, (and it's underlying systems), instead of an incredibly scripted vertical slice that has all the concepts of a game. Like I said specifically, instead of an audio that's meant to make the viewer think "oh cool you can give commands" despite it being a scripted moment, it's actually be something you can do.

No, he didn't confirm at all what your saying.

He said it's a game in development where major features are being implemented and that Cory said that you won't see this sequence in the game play out how the demo was shown.

What your doing is taking that and taking it to one conclusion, your own that you believe is the case.

But it's not what Shinobi said, so don't pretend it is.

Exactly, Shinobi basically said the same thing except in a more diplomatic way.

The original poster said the game was scrapped post E3. How is Shinobi remotely saying the same thing?

Memento

Yes? This place is full of insiders and people in the business.

Sony Santa Monica has never had such a positive buzz and reaction to a game since God of War 3. Everyone liked the demo. The video has 13 million views on the official PlayStation YT channel, it is the gameplay demo with most likes and views from the history of the channel. Why the hell would they change the direction?

Sony Santa Monica has never had such a positive buzz and reaction to a game since God of War 3. Everyone liked the demo. The video has 13 milliok views on the official PlayStation YT channel, it is the gameplay demo with most likes and views from the history of the channel. Why the hell would they change the direction?
I hear the consensus on gaf is that people don't like the new direction:). Maybe Cory saw that and was like shit! Neogaf doesn't like it

Crossing Eden

No, he didn't confirm at all what your saying.

He said it's a game in development where major features are being implemented and that Cory said that you won't see this sequence in the game play out how the demo was shown.

What your doing is taking that and taking it to one conclusion, your own that you believe is the case.

But it's not what Shinobi said, so don't pretend it is.
He very specifically said

Time to make the game.

Which is very very much in line with what I was saying. Like time to make the AI instead of a bunch of scripted actions, time to actually make text like "knowledge gained from this totally scripted action because we don't have AI programmed yet" actually mean something, time to make that spartan rage meter actually mean something instead of being a cutscene trigger, (if it's a trigger at all), etc. etc. otherwise known as time to actually make a video game instead of a video full of concepts that haven't been implemented yet because the game was announced years before release.

Neifirst

The guest on the 8-4 podcast this week from Sony said that PSX will be very Japan-heavy this year, so maybe the Bloodborne follow-up we all expect will be the focus.

strafer

Sony Santa Monica has never had such a positive buzz and reaction to a game since God of War 3. Everyone liked the demo. The video has 13 million views on the official PlayStation YT channel, it is the gameplay demo with most likes and views from the history of the channel. Why the hell would they change the direction?

Well yeah, that's what I've been saying, I just meant that there is not always a dude trolling when saying stuff like that. I could be true, It could not.

That's the one, thanks.

Nah, he said that the situation at SSM can be paralleled broadly across a large part of WWS, so even though SSM isn't directly involved with Rime, it's no surprise the situation with Rime happened.

No, he was implying they were involved in Rime's development. How else is "SSM touched a lot of things" meant to be taken?

People actually believed the guy that said they were starting from the scratch? Guys you are so naive...

Also the guy should be banned. Stop bullshitting on the internet mate.

Have you read this thread? It's been panic stations since the first post.

He very specifically said

Which is very very much in line with what I was saying. Like time to make the AI instead of a bunch of scripted actions, time to actually make text like "knowledge gained from this totally scripted action because we don't have AI programmed yet" actually mean something, time to make that spartan rage meter actually mean something instead of being a cutscene trigger, (if it's a trigger at all), etc. etc.

Your really set in your interpretation of what he means that your not considering other possibilities. You know it could be: major systems are implemented in various states across portions of the game, but not equally. The beginning portion has the most completion, but even then, it was a scripted demo.

But that's just one possible interpretation of the current development state. And I wouldn't know if that's the correct one but on the same coin, I'm not sure why you think yours is either.

The guest on the 8-4 podcast this week from Sony said that PSX will be very Japan-heavy this year, so maybe the Bloodborne follow-up we all expect will be the focus.
All that other bs aside..this gets my juices flowing..

Ni no kuni 2
Ace combat 7
Dynasty warriors 9(basically confirmed at tgs)
Ffvii remake?

Ooo the possibilities

I actually hope this rumor about them starting from scratch is true.

E3 Demo got all of those views because it was pretty to look at. Gameplay looked extremely shallow and boring.

Top Bottom