• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Mans Sky releasing June 21, LEs revealed, maybe getting free post launch support

Oreoleo

Man, that's seriously some of the best cover art I've ever seen. Like Ico Japanese cover levels of good.

Great to have a release date too, so glad this game is finally being released :)

You should be able to change it after the order is placed.

I originally ordered my Twilight Princess Amiibo bundle for in-store pickup but when I realized I was going to be out of town when it releases, I was able to switch to shipping without any problems.

Probably just check on your order after you move to see if anything looks weird.
Cool, thanks.

Question - I want to preorder the LE now but I know I'm going to be moving in April. Will I be able to change my shipping address later or could that cause my order to get cancelled?

You can change the address, no it shouldn't get canceled, and to be fair I doubt the LE is going to "sell out" before launch.

bgbball31

Just can't have everything I guess. The Explorer's edition coming with the art book would be perfect for me, but I'll probably just settle for the normal download from Steam (I say that as I have the page for the Explorer's edition pulled up...)

a few questions:

1. Is this a permanent Ps4 console exclusive or a timed exclusive?
2. If there is multiplayer, is there crossplay between the Ps4 and PC versions?
3. Is this confirmed for psvr?

Well that didn't take long for it to get to top sellers list.

kNIJKOk.png

Chuck

Still without luck
What is all this shit? Exclusive comic? Starter kit? The fuck happened to this small team indie game?

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
a few questions:

1. Why does this matter?
2. No idea
3. Not confirmed

What is all this shit? Exclusive comic? Starter kit? The fuck happened to this small team indie game?
You surely jest.

DavidDesu

Just had an intriguing thought... the game space is so vast that you'll likely not meet other players or it will be an astronomical rare occurrence, but one part of the game is about delving into the centre of the Universe. I wonder if once enough players do this it will transform the core gameplay and turn into more of an online co-op or PVP game. Would be cool.

As for VR I don't see why PSVR wouldn't be capable of running this. Game has low PC specs, there's been a 60fps trailer before, Sony are putting a lot of effort into this game and its been explicitly stated by Hello Games that it would be a great fit for VR and they had a PSVR devkit a long time ago. The games Golem, Battlezone and Rigs all look on par or better than NMS.

Remember the game is completely procedural, there's no textures in the traditional sense, so it's highly unlikely to be super taxing on graphics no matter what is on screen. The game install is only a few hundred megabytes reportedly. I'm still calling it a PSVR game until they unequivocally tell us it won't be, which they're not doing right now.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
a few questions:

1. Judging by the cover art shown, and that Sony is the publisher, it is probably a console exclusive to the PS4.

2. No confirmation, and I doubt it very much.

3. Hinted in the PSILY interview, "not wanting to reveal too much", and saying, "it would be perfect for it" leads you to think it is a possibility. He also said, "his team was really small", so maybe Sony themselves are optimizing for VR in-house. ;)

Either way, day one on the LE when Best Buy lists the ability.

EvB

The big Sony cheque that made it console exclusive.
They didn't really talk about that, but it changed from
Console debut to Console exclusive last year

How many indie titles get notable post launch support? They usually just ship it, patch when necessary, and move on.
Quite a few. Off the top of my head

Broforce
Door Kickers
FTL
Terraria
Minecraft
Binding of Isaac
This War of Mine
Invisible Inc
Prison Architect
Hand of Fate
Cloudbuilt
Don't Starve
Turbo Dismount
Goat Simulator

Honestly, I really want to buy the PC Explorer Edition... but I don't have a job (yet I can afford this) and I'm afraid of it sucking... I guess I'll just wait, or find a real good deal via pre-order coupon/sale or whatnot...

I like that there are also releasing it on GOG, choice is always better for people that don't like DRM.

But why are people pre-ordering this? Especially since it's a developer that never made a game like this.

At first, i wasn't sure what the game was all about and wasn't sure it's my type of game. But, after looking at videos, interview with Sean Murray and gameplay description, i'm in day one !

It looks like a trippy game to play at night and explore worlds. If the game has PSVR support on top of it then good bye real world !!

Can't wait ! the art is amazing btw.

Tansut

Has a steelbook that says it includes the game. Why would it not be a disc? I would think it specifically would say 'code' like the PC version.

Has any Sony release of a game standard or limited come code only yet?
I'm just saying it's not a dumb question to ask when it's a thing that has happened with a major video game release.

Top Bottom