• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Mans Sky releasing June 21, LEs revealed, maybe getting free post launch support

I'm glad that you know how the game will turn out without playing through, pricing something at 60 euros on Steam without any prior accomplishments or accolades is pretty dumb no matter how you look at it.

Cool. Wait for the reviews then and buy it if the reviews turn out how they look like they're going to turn out.

geomon

wdW2p9nTb5Uhq.gif

Cool. Wait for the reviews then and buy it if the reviews turn out how they look like they're going to turn out.

You do realize that this game will be extremely difficult to review, isn't it ? How can one reviewer starts on a dull planet and one who starts on an exciting one are gonna review that game, do you think ?

Everywhere in the UK is so expensive for PS4 and the limited edition will be exclusive to game boooo :(

Might go PC, then PS4 if a mode to meet/explore with friends is added

You would think if it supported PSVR they'd have announced it by now, but it could work as an E3 announcement. I'm leaning towards not happening though.

It would come with the general PSVR release date reveal if anything. Sony is likely holding back on everything PSVR until they're ready announce the price, release date and full lineup of launch VR titles.

You do realize that this game will be extremely difficult to review, isn't it ? How can one reviewer starts on a dull planet and one who starts on an exciting one are gonna review that game, do you think ?

If the core mechanics are good then it probably won't matter if they find a few dull planets. I would hope a review wouldn't be posted unless they've explored a significant amount of planets (however many that would be for a good playthrough)

I'm a bit concerned that the LE version is exclusive to Gamestop. . Amazon has never been this slow, they usually throw up a placeholder plus they already updated their page with the normal edition so they were prepped earlier.

Still not feeling secure with BB. They had the price as 99 before and then changed it. No real word on it being LE. I'm comfortable with trusting Amazon throwing up a placeholder because they are getting their information together. BB history makes me believe that they COULD just be throwing up a palceholder in hopes of getting the green light to sell the LE later.

It is not.

I'll believe it when I see it--not casting doubt but just discomforting to not see Amazon ready at the go with this information. Even during E3 amazon has been pretty quick with pre-orders.

Still not feeling secure with BB. They had the price as 99 before and then changed it. No real word on it being LE. I'm comfortable with trusting Amazon throwing up a placeholder because they are getting their information together. BB history makes me believe that they COULD just be throwing up a palceholder in hopes of getting the green light to sell the LE later.

That really isn't how these things work. Best Buy will be selling the LE.

LifEndz

Is this "console exclusive" to PS4? Didn't see that logo on the box art (box art is so pretty I hope it's not there regardless.)

akileese

I'll believe it when I see it--not casting doubt but just discomforting to not see Amazon ready at the go with this information. Even during E3 amazon has been pretty quick with pre-orders.

They already have the $60 version up. If there is another $70 version up you can rest assured they're carrying both skus. If not, wait until then.

Okay, okay, this is important:

When the Limited Edition goes live on Amazon, will it feature the 20% Prime discount too? Has a precedent been set by other special edition releases?

I've never bought a special edition of a game but have never been as tempted as right now. I can't justify $80+tax (poor) but I could definitely swing it with the discount.

I really, really, really want that vinyl too. Gahhhhhhhhhhh I wish I had money

The BB app shows has the listing along with a pic of the LE. It just went up but they haven't flipped the switch to enable ordering.

When the Limited Edition goes live on Amazon, will it feature the 20% Prime discount too? Has a precedent been set by other special edition releases?

I've never bought a special edition of a game but have never been as tempted as right now. I can't justify $80+tax (poor) but I could definitely swing it with the discount.

It should have the discount.

Alebrije

Agree , this game feels like a mix of Flower, Journey, Out of this World . also so deep that how can you review it if you need to reach the center of universe to finish it and there are virtually tons of paths to reach it. This game will be a truly personal experience and that scares some people that are used to fix paths and ways to play.

Day 1 LE for PS4 but I so want that Explorer's Edition to come to PS4 as well.

Also I'm so looking forward to the soundtrack as it was basically this game I can thank for introducing me to 65dos. Their 2014 PSX performance made me look up their stuff on Spotify and have made me fan.

C'mon Best Buy, need that LE link to go live now...

StylusX

Everywhere in the UK is so expensive for PS4 and the limited edition will be exclusive to game boooo :(

Might go PC, then PS4 if a mode to meet/explore with friends is added

It's ridiculous, the price will come down over the next few months yeah? The cheapest I've found it so far is £45. Most expensive game I've bought on ps4 is battlefront(I know I know, I got caught in the hype) which cost £42. My uncharted 4 pre-order cost £37. NMS will be the most expensive ps4 game I've bought.

UCBooties

Yes, I did the special edition for Stranger Of Sword City through Amazon instead of NISA because of the discount.

Their own terms state that the pre-order discount also applies to things like CEs & LEs. So if Amazon gets it too, you'll be good for a $64 LE.

Pre-purchased on Steam. I think a lot of the talk that this generation hasn't been that great, or slow moving isn't due to the games (there have been excellent games). I think such talk exists because there's nothing that makes you say, "this couldn't be done on the last generation." I'm really hoping this is the game that changes that, while also being a good game in itself.

Hey dudes, I can't answer specific queries about the different editions; it's not my place. But super happy that you're excited and interested; it's really heartwarming. Thanks.

Lo! Thank you and Hello Games for all your graft on the game.

Is there really no chance of UK getting launch parity with US and EU? It feels like a double kick in the teeth what with Hello Games being based over here.

Top Bottom