• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nobody is playing titanfall.

Chris1

Then it will be added to EA Access next year, and thousands more will jump in.
EA said that Titanfall wouldn't be added to EA access (most likely because they don't own the IP).

However it will be a shame to see all the hard work respawn is putting in updating it with horde mode, ranked mode etc to go to waste because MCC and AW is coming out and will kill the TF population, so I do hope that Respawn work with EA to get it added to EA access if they haven't already.

It's a fantastic game at it's core so with all these updates it makes sense to add it to EA access and get more people in ready for the sequel.

The population of the game plummeted after Destiny. I know my buddies and I haven't played it since late August and we were playing it religiously for a while. I'm not sure what it is about Destiny but we always find ourselves playing it just about everyday even if it's just the daily mission and bounties. Titanfall is lacking that same type of draw. I hope they figure it out with Titanfall 2 because the gameplay is excellent and a step above the common FPS.

I think I have to agree with this. Once Destiny came out the game dropped off my "popular with friends" list. Add FIFA, Madden and FH2 into the mix and the population got spread out real fast within a month or two. I don't think the current population is bad though, at least not when comparing it to other FPS on the system.

Kill3r7

The population of the game plummeted after Destiny. I know my buddies and I haven't played it since late August and we were playing it religiously for a while. I'm not sure what it is about Destiny but we always find ourselves playing it just about everyday even if it's just the daily mission and bounties. Titanfall is lacking that same type of draw. I hope they figure it out with Titanfall 2 because the gameplay is excellent and a step above the common FPS.

It's crazy how this game just fell off the map after so much hype.

In its defense, its population was really good for a long time. Pretty much all through the summer. And there aren't really many games nowadays that have a community playing for months/years. The days of Halo 3 owning multiplayer for years is probably over...too many good multiplayer options now.

That being said, despite the lower population counts, there were still a decent amount of people playing last night when I jumped on to check the new update. I was able to find games on campaign and attrition fairly easily.

So many people have been wanting this to be true. It's literally become a meme at this point. As others have pointed out, it's player counts are not bad at all compared to COD. But let me guess, you think that franchise is on it's deathbed too.

Not bad compared the worst Call of Duty in years. That's an important bit you're leaving out.

ethomaz

Banned
That is what make Destiny fun... social.

You play with buddies like no other game... Co op, PVP, etc.

I love to start the game after work every day to drop into my friends sessions... it is like to get in a pub after and says "Hello guys".

Not bad compared the worst Call of Duty in years. That's an important bit you're leaving out.

Whatever excuses you want to throw at it, Titanfall still has respectable numbers compared to BF4 and Ghosts on XB1. Yet we have people declaring Titanfall dead in this thread.......

Ape

Banned
Healthy numbers. I think I'll jump back in when I get the system back and see how it goes. Surprisingly high, actually... Destiny would take way more players away if you would have asked me before it launched.

Thread title is wrong. Lots of people are playing still. The important thing is that it's still easy to find matches in the majority of playlists.

And I'm surprised that people aren't saddened that more people aren't playing the best FPS in years.

Kill3r7

It's also worth noting that Titanfall sold more copies than Ghost, if MS statement from a few months back is to be believed. So their numbers should be closer to Ghost IMO. But to be fair, a good COD game is guaranteed to be number one on XBL and PSN online charts for months by a large margin over the competition. Ghost was awful, enough said.

Etnos

Banned
I'm so tired of hearing about how "titanfall has no legs". I've never had trouble finding a game, that's what's important to me. The recent horde mode update is surely going to bring back people who've stopped playing, I know i've played a bit of it on thursday.

Everything is not a numbers game guys.

I've been playing since launch, this game made $60 worth more than most AAA.

Lots of Gamers have invest so much effort to see this video game franchise go down because bizarre reasons its not even funny. For a new multiplayer only franchise titanfall numbers are not bad at all.

It's also worth noting that Titanfall sold more copies than Ghost, if MS statement from a few months back is to be believed. So their numbers should be closer to Ghost IMO. But to be fair, a good COD game is guaranteed to be number one on XBL and PSN online charts for months by a large margin over the competition. Ghost was awful, enough said.

How about you provide a link to this Microsoft statement. I don't believe Titanfall sold more than Ghosts, the biggest shooter IP on the planet.

Fasty

Bought the game about two months after launch in Australia. Tried to get a game playing the campaign and left it sitting for an hour and a half waiting to get enough people to join. Had to give up in the end. Even getting into attrition matches took about 20-30 minutes of waiting sometimes. Two months after launch. Waste of $80

ethomaz

Banned
Thread title is wrong. Lots of people are playing still. The important thing is that it's still easy to find matches in the majority of playlists.

And I'm surprised that people aren't saddened that more people aren't playing the best FPS in years.
Well I'm sad because all games deserves super high population but the title of the best FPS in years goes to Destiny IMO.

How important is that given how big that game still was? Just like, despite reports of having worse preorder numbers, Advanced Warfare is likely to still bury any other franchise that isn't GTA or Mario on a healthy platform.

The game has solid gameplay marred by initial lack of content and some piss poor handling of the campaign (not too mention tying it hand-in-hand to XB1). Far from a 'joke' and obvious to anyone who plays it at peak hours to not be 'dead'.

As for myself, I've had a hard enough time juggling new titles with Destiny to keep throwing Titanfall in there. Should get better soon to where I can jump back in, but it has to be doing something right if I want to keep playing it when I find time to given that I generally don't care to invest in multiplayer titles/modes.

TheIdleMiner

Neo Member
Unfortunately, a lot of activity is region specific. Those that are far from decent servers might have to suck it up and switch and endure lag. Another reason would be between console and PC. I can't speak for PC though. I just think that saying nobody is playing x game is unfair unless you're trying to speak for everyone?

Japarican

Banned
In seven months Destiny's player count won't be so great. At least on Xbox One.

You mean one month
ogYgEgA.png

Purest 78

I played the origin trial, I couldn't disagree with you more. It felt like I was playing combat training in cod. Gameplay elements were there execution Was bad imo. The bots destroyed the game to me.

Kill3r7

That is what make Destiny fun... social.

You play with buddies like no other game... Co op, PVP, etc.

I love to start the game after work every day to drop into my friends sessions... it is like to get in a pub after and says "Hello guys".

You nailed it. Hence why I can't wait for MCC to get here.

Kill3r7

Seven months!? Halo MCC, COD AW, Far Cry 4, GTA V, AC Unity... I'll say lets wait to the end of november.

Have you seen Titanfall ? Conversation over ...

Are you playing it , guess not ...

The joys of mass marketing , I guess.

How about you provide a link to this Microsoft statement. I don't believe Titanfall sold more than Ghosts, the biggest shooter IP on the planet.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/e3...t-selling-xbox-one-game-to-date/1100-6420404/

Grief.exe

I feel the game launch with half the content that it could have. Great game, and super fun. No sure why else it would have died like it did.

I've said this before, but who would want to play an Arena shooter with COD mechanics? The basic design is just a complete contradiction.

Synth

I don't think it was MS, I think it was EA that said that. They said something along the lines of Titanfall having sold more copies than anything else on XB1, which seeing as it came out months after Ghosts, would imply that it outsold it.

Anyway though, yea I'm pretty sure Destiny has had a large effect on Titanfall's population. Prior to Destiny's launch Titanfall tended to be the top game in my "popular with friends" list. Since then it's fallen behind quite a few other titles. I even see Forza 5 and Killer Instinct above it often. I still never see Ghosts very high up though, so I'm a little surprised at its player count. BF4 being added to EA Access has probably helped its numbers quite a bit.

With that said though, I'm already seeing a sizeable drop-off on Destiny amongst many of my friends that were playing it initially. Will be interesting to see how it fares once MCC and Advanced Warfare come along.

TheIdleMiner

Neo Member
No. Just no. That's like playing DOTA, only killing creeps, and saying the game sucks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMW1uSuivAo&feature=youtu.be

This is great!

Destiny mp is far better than titanfall imo.

I really wanted to like Destiny pvp but after several hundred hours of titanfall it was difficult to play while feeling as if I was playing with cement around the boots of my player. That and one kill specials.. no bueno.

JayEH

It's a fun game that suffers from lack of content unfortunately. This may be the biggest "flop" of the year considering the hype around it.

Let's not turn this into a "which game is better" argument.

Titanfall came out of the gates half baked. I played the living fuck out of it when it launched and made a bunch of really good friends, but perpetual matchmaking issues (LOTS of newbies vs veteran matches) and lack of varying content meant that the game was good in bursts. Respawn didn't seem to have a handle on bizarre lag issues and had the terrible idea of separating out the DLC playlists to disperse the community further than it already was. This new mode is too little, too late, and it's sad because I've never felt more excitement playing a game than the rush hopping in and out of Titans gave me.

TheIdleMiner

Neo Member
Do you feel the need to defend Titanfall every chance you get? I didn't like the bots or the titans. If you don't like those two things, chances are you won't like Titanfall.

You do understand there was an 8v8 player only mode right? No bots or titans. How did you do in that mode?

Purest 78

This is great!

I really wanted to like Destiny pvp but after several hundred hours of titanfall it was difficult to play while feeling as if I was playing with cement around the boots of my player. That and one kill specials.. no bueno.

Destiny at 30fps can be jarring After switching from a 60fps game that's definitely true.

They fucked up by charging for Map Packs. It pains me to say it, but they should have had paid Burn Cards to fund free map packs, Mass Effect 3-style.

Synth

Do you feel the need to defend Titanfall every chance you get? I didn't like the bots or the titans. If you don't like those two things, chances are you won't like Titanfall.

He's disagreeing with your opinion... which in turn was in disagreement of someone else's opinion. Should we ask "do you feel the need to pimp Destiny at every chance?" because you felt compelled to post it in response to Bornstellar claiming Titanfall was the best MP FPS?

Destiny better than Titanfall in MP though? haha :p

Destiny mp is far better than titanfall imo.

PVP alone: Better, possibly in a faint way. Far better? No. Destiny has some pretty bad map design. Also doesn't help with some of the direction Bungie takes in regards to their fixes/alterations. Bounties can also be incredibly counter to what is best to the game even more so than Titanfall's challenges.

Titanfall can suffer on the technical level and the less said about the 'campaign' mode, the better.

Both offered, initially, pretty same-y and bland modes and had/have balance issues with certain weapons.

On the plus side, Destiny has better weapon handling, the supers, and rewards (RNG disclaimer). Titanfall has better general play, maps (from a gameplay standpoint), and action variety. Both do well with playing off of teammates.

Kind of an apples and oranges thing. Love them both for different reasons, but really can't see how, PVP wise, one is far above the other. Than again I also don't see how the creep infantry are an issue either.

Destiny I see being great overall when tying the whole thing together. But on PVP alone, I just think the moment to moment play and the current offerings in modes for Titanfall are beyond Destiny.

Top Bottom