• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Now that Sir Phillip W. Spencer III has destroyed Xbox, who do you think should replace him?

OverHeat

« generous god »
ZUGjzmO.jpeg

Oppoi

No idea, but clearly her or someone who manages her PR though it was appropriate to send in for this interview:

Oh wow, the thing I reacted to was the fact it was so clearly photoshopped. Looking at the other pictures it's clear they're not only shopped but screams AI made...

SHA

I know Sarah sounds the perfect candidate but I'll pick Mike cause he doesn't talk much and when he does, only when it matters, I like his honesty while not being serious at the same time, these qualities you don't usually find in genzers.

Last edited:

Astray

People need to get it in their heads that Xbox is heading towards being a bigger EA or Activision, the idea that they will be making anything inventive needs to go out of the window because their console business has fully erupted into flames at this point. This is going to be the Elder Scrolls + Call of Duty house now.

As such, you should expect the most soulless and manipulative person imaginable to take that hot seat, and when you think about it, that means Phil is still the man for the job.

Last edited:

feynoob

I know Sarah sounds the perfect candidate but I'll pick Mike cause he doesn't talk much and when he does, only when it matters, I like his honesty and not being serious at the same time, these qualities you don't usually find in genzers.
get booty out first

Mr.Phoenix

I think Xbox going forward is not something that would need saving... I doubt it would even be anything like the Xbox we know today... which isn't even like the Xbox from 2006...

feynoob

People need to get it in their heads that Xbox is heading towards being a bigger EA or Activision, the idea that they will be making anything inventive needs to go out of the window because their console business has fully erupted into flames at this point. This is going to be the Elder Scrolls + Call of Duty house now.

As such, you should expect the most soulless and manipulative person imaginable to take that hot seat, and when you think about it, that means Phil is still the man for the job.
Xbox is dead right now. Studios hope is through the ground. highest rated game shutdown.

now we welcome MS gaming activision bethesda.

Radical_3d

Looking at the OP’s user name got me thinking: Sega fans has been flocking at Xbox since the company bombed itself in the 90s. At least it’s so so big that they can’t be crushed under the weight of Sony and Nintendo. Finding safety in the logic that this time history can’t repeat itself. And now this new brand somehow has managed to success into irrelevance, being the biggest publisher ever with the tiniest hardware sales. So, my theory is… I think it’s the fans. They are cursed. Maybe they’ll flock to whoever giant enterprise comes next, something like Apple, and they’ll sink it with the power of being Saturn owners.

Whats for certain is that if Sarah Bond is the new face and decision maker you might as well bury the entire xbox brand, that girl has never played a game in her entire life. how can she course correct? Its a bit like when the google CEO came out on stage during the stadia unveling and said "You know, im not much of a gamer."

Nadella and CO probably dont see the value of a more diverse portfolio of games and wants to risk manage by betting on big hitters like cod, halo etc.

Say what you want about Phil's ability to run a profitable buisness etc, but he at least understood that you need to have amore diverse lineup, he even brought pso2 to the west, for that i will be gratefull. Whatever is in store for xbox is probably trash.

Tg89

Don't replace him with anything, just end the failed experiment.

Xbox has literally only managed to find success when their direct competition hands it to them by way of complete failure themselves. They had like 3 years of good times while Sony and Nintendo were busy shooting themselves in the foot.

Last edited:

Astray

Xbox is dead right now. Studios hope is through the ground. highest rated game shutdown.

now we welcome MS gaming activision bethesda.
Exactly. The idea that Phil is continually selling, that of him doing all this to keep Xbox alive is just not true. He's laying the groundwork for Microsoft Gaming to replace Xbox.

(Also welcome back fellow gunner)

Fredrik

I don’t know who’s to blame here but I’m so tired of the lies and the we hear you talks and just plain bad planning and decisions over so many years. I’m not even sure Phil is a gamer anymore, he surely pretend to be but I saw him playing on PC at an event and the way he had the fingers on the keyboard made me think he has never played a game with WASD controls before.

And Sarah is all smiles and just I doubt she’s a gamer.

I have no idea who would take that spot. Not sure a spot is needed soon anyway thecway things are going. Maybe they can hire Phil Harrison to be a fall guy. 🤷‍♂️

Pretty obvious they will promote Sarah Bond because MS is all in on diversity over anything else. A woman of color running Xbox would make them look so brave and stunning. I guarantee she will replace Phil once he is either fired or steps down. That’s why she has been in the picture for a while now and is being groomed.
Xbox has become a bloody joke anymore.

Puscifer

This post of his aged like the finest milk

Oppoi

I don’t know who’s to blame here but I’m so tired of the lies and the we hear you talks and just plain bad planning and decisions over so many years. I’m not even sure Phil is a gamer anymore, he surely pretend to be but I saw him playing on PC at an event and the way he had the fingers on the keyboard made me think he has never played a game with WASD controls before.

And Sarah is all smiles and just I doubt she’s a gamer.

I have no idea who would take that spot. Not sure a spot is needed soon anyway thecway things are going. Maybe they can hire Phil Harrison to be a fall guy. 🤷‍♂️
You're buttering up the new head of Xbox, just tell us who it is already!

bitbydeath

Gold Member
It’s hard to believe Phil (or anyone in this world) is that incompetent, it has to be intentional from above.

Thaedolus

Gold Member
What a fucking fall from grace that brand has had since the halcyon days of the X360. They even had a blip of hope with the Series X hardware, their work on backwards compatibility, etc.

Just taking a massive shit on any last remaining good will from great heights

Top Bottom