• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Now that Sir Phillip W. Spencer III has destroyed Xbox, who do you think should replace him?

TidusYuna

Yoko Taro.

2897.jpg

First order of business for Yoko Taro, blocking XBOX and its fanbase on twitter, what a great honor. Then he should revive Scalebound. XBOX saved.

723d1179-c955-4512-abbd-197060fed44b_text.gif

Cyborg

Ideally it shouldn't be a corporate goof but someone who can relate to gamers, someone from one of their successful studios....oh wait. Never mind.

midnightAI

THey are dead friend. This news burried any hope Xbox had with devs and fans.

From now on, no one will give a crap about Xbox.
Pouring Austin Powers GIF

I hope not though, at least one more hardware gen from them please (that's looking more and more doubtful, traditional console at least, PC hybrid is more likely)

It will be Sarah Bond

The VIPs on forums/social media will gather around, create narratives , any disagreeable opinions not in her favour will be dismissed as misogyny and racist.

The sad thing is all this talk about them just fuels their egos. I don’t think people talk as much about Sony or Nintendo executives. Probably because more often than not their products do the talking.

You do realize that Gaf is not one single entity with a hive mind.
It's a group of people, each with diverse opinions and experiences.
Of course, that at any time, we will see people with diverging statements. Because it's from different people.
Also consider that sometimes, people do change their opinions.
Could have fooled me 🤣 You do know what double standards means right? I know, you know and everybody knows what I'm insinuating, and it's 100% correct.

Looking at the OP’s user name got me thinking: Sega fans has been flocking at Xbox since the company bombed itself in the 90s.
wrong. only half a dozen Sega fans migrated to the xbox. Sega Genesis fans migrated to the Playstation in the 5th gen and the more fundamentalist fanboys started to have the PC as their main platform after Dreamcast , in short they migrated to PC and Playstation without having anything Xbox in them.

Topher

Gold Member
Could have fooled me 🤣 You do know what double standards means right? I know, you know and everybody knows what I'm insinuating, and it's 100% correct.

Except you seem entirely unable to put what your are "insinuating" into actual words. Maybe give that a shot.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
If it is Ybarra, he might accidently tank the division with a view to making it a cheap buy for MS again...not realising he still works for MS. The Elop of this generation.

I think it should be Sarah Bond. If MS create a new top position and promote Phil Spencer to it and then promote everyone just underneath him up one position, then Bond is the logical choice. Although doing something like that would be too stupid. 🤔

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Why is Xbox dead? Because they shut down some studios? They also bought Activision.
Xbox isn’t dead

They checked into the hospital with a persistent cough during the Xbox One days

They then developed a fever during the launch of the Series consoles and their condition has deteriorated as of late and have been moved to the ICU

Their next gen consoles look to be some of those experimental therapies you only get by traveling to 3rd world countries

Their survival is unknown at this point

Top Bottom