• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for August 2007

Tzeentch

Not the most artistic, but
wiimadden.gif

Threi

notag
mysticstylez said:
The only 3rd party Wii game gets outsold by an Xbox game. I thought Nintendo said 3rd parties are selling good?

Well 3rd party Wii games sell better than 3rd party Wii nongames if that's worth anything...:lol

Evlar

Banned
traveler said:
And Western games don't? What the hell do you think Halo, Oblivion, Gears of War, Bioshock, etc. were? :lol
On the 360?

I don't see why it's ridiculous to ask for Japanese games on the PS3.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
mysticstylez said:
The only 3rd party Wii game gets outsold by an Xbox game. I thought Nintendo said 3rd parties are selling good?

Well, although those numbers ARE terrible, it deserves mention that the Madden series never did particularly well on Nintendo consoles. I think sports is probably the most difficult genre to sell on Nintendo systems, currently.

traveler

Not Wario
titiklabingapat said:
And people say Wii software is abysmal.

I think they're referring to the quality of the lineup, not its sales. Why one would care more about the latter than the former is beyond me.

traveler said:
It's got the killer lineup?

Sales wise, however, he's wrong. The Wii is clear and away the "future PS2" there.

Well that's what I mean. Wii seems to be getting the PS2 style market quicker than the PS2 did.

dammitmattt said:
And why would they???
Yep. If there is one genre that gamers demand the best graphics for, it is sports games. Sport gamers want the most realistic looking players, stadiums, etc. It isn't a surprise that 360 Madden plowed over the PS2 version.

Ether_Snake said:
Because they move consoles. Castlevania, Devil May Cry, FF, Soul Calibur, etc. They are console sellers.

While all of those sell decent to well in the Western market. I would say only one of those is a console seller.

theguy

DKII said:
Looks like that banned sales website was almost spot on again

How could anyone not be close to this month's numbers? Besides the PS3 numbers, it seems most predictions were on the money. I think Corky could have forecasted August results.

Bowen_B

Banned
The Sphinx said:
Yeah... How exactly is DKII dodging a ban for posting ioi's numbers in the August Predictions thread? And now pimping them here?
Don't forget Donny, he's using similar numbers.

Tiktaalik

It's a shame that Mario Party 8 continues to do well, but that goes to show that a strong brand can sell anything.

Happy to see strong Bioshock sales. I expect this game will have strong legs too.

Maxwell House said:
Yep. If there is one genre that gamers demand the best graphics for, it is sports games. Sport gamers want the most realistic looking players, stadiums, etc. It isn't a surprise that 360 Madden plowed over the PS2 version.

Well, the graphics are important, but the shit controls and online play in most Wii sports games are much bigger concerns.

Lobster

Banned
felipeko said:
Madden Wii will have great legs, believe :D

I think it will..Wii has a big userbase..this is the first month. Ps3 and Xbox users have nothing to play so the sales..Madden Wii will keep selling while Ps3 Madden drops like a rock.

PataHikari said:
Frankly from what I hear the Wii version of Madden 08 is riddled with bugs, no?

The online service is bad (has it been fixed yet?)

traveler

Not Wario
The Sphinx said:
On the 360?

I don't see why it's ridiculous to ask for Japanese games on the PS3.

It's ridiculous to imply that only Japanese games can sell the PS3. The truth is, obviously, that the 360 AND the PS3 need both Western and Japanese games. Why does this point even have to be made? :lol

donny2112 said:
This isn't a worldwide sales thread, get that out of here spinmaster.

At this point, I don't think the PS3 will be able to catch up in the US. After thinking about it, I don't think there is any possible way. Sure, there's Japan. But the US market is the most significant. 360 and Wii are doing fantastic.

faberpach said:
halo 3, mass effect, pgr4 and much more for the Xbox 360

smash and mario for the wii

So...

sony you have a problem

Seriously. I have no doubt that both Ratchet and Uncharted will be GREAT games, but even if you combine both of them and double it, the sales won't come close to Halo, Mass Effect, Smash Bros, or Mario.

WWPS3WII.png

If this image doesn't tell you that there are two markets, I don't know what does. Blue ocean is a success, and HD is a success, but only outside of Japan and 360 ownz it.

Aleman

Those "months since launch" are pretty meaningless as they pretty much disregard any advantage there might be from, I don't know, launching a whole year earlier.

Oblivion said:
Well, although those numbers ARE terrible, it deserves mention that the Madden series never did particularly well on Nintendo consoles. I think sports is probably the most difficult genre to sell on Nintendo systems, currently.

Thats why Wii Sports is still the Wii's killer app? When the best selling console's Madden gets outsold by a Madden game that is on a system that isn't even in production is bad.

Top Bottom