• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for August 2007

felipeko

Lobster said:
I think it will..Wii has a big userbase..this is the first month. Ps3 and Xbox users have nothing to play so the sales..Madden Wii will keep selling while Ps3 Madden drops like a rock.
I hope so:D
But i think that at least 10% of wii owners will need their Madden on the console.. I hope they buy it to the end of the year...

I'm surprised that Tiger Woods for Wii didn't beat the 360 version.
It will, don't worry. That gives me more hopes :D

VALIS

Eric WK said:
North America is officially Nintendo and Microsoft country. This holiday season is going to be a joke.

Which seems odd since America adored the PS1 and PS2.

But it's not odd because the truth is what people have been saying for two years now: PRICE IS KING.

Sony really needs a $400 model for the holidays just so third parties don't start bailing in '08 and beyond.

donny2112

Bowen_B said:
Oh and where exactly did THESE numbers come from?

U.S. + Canada (I had to guess at August's numbers, but I'll update if we get them) + Japan + Estimation of everything else based on the numbers we do get, press releases, and trends

They aren't 100% accurate (except for Japan, U.S., and most of Canada), but they should be pretty dang close.

Tzeentch said:
Not the most artistic, but
wiimadden.gif

Did you take a still from a Beautiful Agony video?

Lobster

Banned
Kuramu said:
I'm surprised that Tiger Woods for Wii didn't beat the 360 version.

360 version is all around good but Wii version has only controls going for it. 08 Didn't seem to be advertised as much as 07 either 0_o

clashfan said:
Where is the mangod to spin this for sony?

If you add the PS2 and PS3 sales of Madden they outsold the 360 version. When all those Playstation 2 owners inevitably upgrade to PS3, Madden will sell best on the PLAYSTATION 3.

mysticstylez said:
Thats why Wii Sports is still the Wii's killer app? When the best selling console's Madden gets outsold by a Madden game that is on a system that isn't even in production is bad.

The fact that people are still buying and playing Wii Sports may actually be part of the problem.

icecream

Public Health Threat
The Sphinx said:
I don't see why it's ridiculous to ask for Japanese games on the PS3.
To suggest that in the US market that they have a higher selling advantage than an equally impressive or popular western game is silly.

Guy Legend said:
Xbox 1 Madden > Wii Madden

:lol I thought that was a joke until I looked at the chart again. Wow.

I think the Madden sales in general show that:
1) Sports gamers are graphics whores (PS3 & 360)
2) Sports gamers are online fans
3) Sports gamers are a little slow to upgrade (still very strong PS2 & xbox sales.)

Branduil

So will the Wii be the first console since the SNES to do extremely well in the US without a strong EA Sports presence?

TheKingsCrown said:
WWPS3WII.png

If this image doesn't tell you that there are two markets, I don't know what does. Blue ocean is a success, and HD is a success, but only outside of Japan and 360 ownz it.

That's an interesting way to look at things.

Halvie

Banned
What happened to MP3 selling 400k+ or did it come out at the end of the month so half of those numbers are Sep numbers?

TheGreatDave said:
...how so?

just accept it.

traveler said:
It's got the killer lineup?

Sales wise, however, he's wrong. The Wii is clear and away the "future PS2" there.

uhhh...i dont see anything but nintendo software for wii except for 1 game where as the 360 has finaly outsold the ps2, madden 360 outsold the ps2 version on a fraction of the userbase and it also has a well rounded 1st and 3rd party showing as far as software sales.

It wont even be a contest at that point, the Wii will become the next ps2.

Doubtful, Wii and waggle has entirely changed the paradigm of what constitutes a system seller - people are buying the system in such large numbers mainly to have as a party piece - i'm betting that's why the software isn't pulling 360 numbers, as a large amount of Wii owners will be very content with Wii Sports.

All IMHO.

Bowen_B

Banned
donny2112 said:
U.S. + Canada (I had to guess at August's numbers, but I'll update if we get them) + Japan + Estimation of everything else based on the numbers we do get, press releases, and trends

They aren't 100% accurate (except for Japan, U.S., and most of Canada), but they should be pretty dang close.
Oh that's OK then, I thought you may be obtaining your numbers from a questionable source but it turns out you're just making them up :D

Xisiqomelir

MightyHedgehog said:
What's the point of launch-aligned graphs when different launch times are the reality?

There is useful information in the historical comparison.

For example, the PS3 is behind the 360 historically, which bodes poorly for its chances of catching up.

The Wii is ahead, which indicates it should be on track to pass it.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
mysticstylez said:
Thats why Wii Sports is still the Wii's killer app? When the best selling console's Madden gets outsold by a Madden game that is on a system that isn't even in production is bad.

Okay, maybe realistic football games, then. :p

Son of Godzilla said:
So if the Wii is supposed to be the clear winner of this generation when will it's Madden be in line with what the PS2 sold on average?
Because Madden still matters when it comes to hardware sales *eyeroll*

Lobster

Banned
felipeko said:
EA trying to sabotage Nintendo :(

lols. Wii version will probably outsell Ps3 version. 09 should be the better game out of 07,08 since they got the controls down and now they have time for graphics.

joesmokey

Impressive Madden sales, and the 360 being fairly high was expected for me (+1 sales from me).

Bioshock did well, but a little lower than I expected.

cashman

Banned
Xisiqomelir said:
I love you, NPD day.

Space reserved for chartage

EDIT: As promised

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y56/Xisiqomelir/Picture19.png[IMG]

[IMG]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y56/Xisiqomelir/Picture20.png[IMG]

[IMG]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y56/Xisiqomelir/Picture21.png[IMG][/QUOTE]
I see you've got the right names for the consoles now :lol

pswii60

TheGreatDave said:
Well that's what I mean. Wii seems to be getting the PS2 style market quicker than the PS2 did.

I think you need to check Madden PS2 sales figures for 2001 and come back later.

traveler

Not Wario
gollumsluvslave said:
Doubtful, Wii and waggle has entirely changed the paradigm of what constitutes a system seller - people are buying the system in such large numbers mainly to have as a party piece - i'm betting that's why the software isn't pulling 360 numbers, as a large amount of Wii owners will be very content with Wii Sports.

All IMHO.

"That point" your referencing is sales. Not the library. In the same post I said that the 360 has the killer lineup. Killer libraries do, however, tend to go hand in hand with console sales, so we'll just have to wait and see.

MobiusPigeon said:
just accept it.

:lol No, I really don't know what you meant. Do you mean the 360 will be as popular as the PS2, and sell 100 million, or at least as many as the PS2 sold in the US? That the 360 will be the main Madden platform and that therefore it's the new PS2? That the 360 has the best games like PS2?

camineet

Banned
Branduil said:
So will the Wii be the first console since the SNES to do extremely well in the US without a strong EA Sports presence?

all that is for certain (barring a disaster) is that Wii will be the first Nintendo console to reverse the trend of Nintendo losing console marketshare every generation since the 8-bit Famicom/NES.

jd196

[Wii] 400,000
[PS3] 130,000
[360] 275,000
[PS2] 210,000
[PSP] 215,000
[DS] 400,000

My first prediction thread and i did ok.

Top Bottom