• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for February 2015 [Nintendo Numbers, Majora's, MH4, ~XB1]

samar11

It's funny that people say don't use Amazon to make predictions when one of the biggest threads every month is the NPD prediction thread which many of you participate in. No one seems to have a problem making predictions with out any sales numbers and just anecdotes in that thread. People can use whatever means they choose to base their predictions on. Would it be better if they just went with their gut instead stating amazon rankings? At least people citing Amazon have some evidence on some level of sales while those saying it will be niche are simply going with a "feeling". Instead of shouting down people who use amazon as a basis for predictions shouldn't you all be shouting down those making predictions based on nothing.

What are big numbers and what are people predicting? You are just giving vague generalities. Put a number out there.

Mate, I completely agree with you on this.

samar11

It's funny that people don't also read.

Notice how my post quite clearly talks about "hourly" rankings. I'm not saying anything in regards to monthly or yearly charts.

I personally think Bloodbourne will do amazing and I also hope it does well.

But basing that prediction on an hourly chart for one major retailer isn't proving anything.

If it stays high on hourly ranking for most of the month then wouldn't that mean high on monthly? that has been the case for ps4 and low for xbox.

samar11

Lets look at it like this.

Amazon full month February 2015 Software ranking:

#5 Majora's Mask
#15 Order 1886

Look how close Order is to Majora's Mask. Look at it! It's at number 15 it must..

NPD Software Results:

Oh.

But...

Oh.

I am talking about console not software dude

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
I'm more interested in Nintendo Land actually =) (to me PS4 & XB1 = both doing fairly well in the US). I have all the info posted on this thread at least. I guess was Kirby the highest selling Wii U title in Feb? Or did that go again to Smash?

And honestly rather than just asking #s, what do you think of MM3D's and Monster Hunter's performance? Something that can be continued going into March?

Kirby was actually 3rd...under Smash and Mk8. Just a tad above 50k. I'm not sure what to make of it. Toad is doing much better, now that it's above 300k. be hard to see Kirby catching it.

Mory Dunz

Kirby was actually 3rd...under Smash and Mk8. Just a tad above 50k. I'm not sure what to make of it. Toad is doing much better, now that it's above 300k. be hard to see Kirby catching it.

Nice to know MK8 is still doing above 50k I suppose.

Wonder if the DLC will give a boost at all.

Jesus, those Amazon charts are getting brutal to look at. ACU bundle down to #42 now on the latest hourly and the MCC bundle has failed to do anything.

150k+ victory for PS4 March NPD. Calling it now. It is absolutely battering the competition.

Can you imagine if MS had kept the price at $499?

Welfare

Jesus, those Amazon charts are getting brutal to look at. ACU bundle down to #42 now on the latest hourly and the MCC bundle has failed to do anything.

150k+ victory for PS4 March NPD. Calling it now. It is absolutely battering the competition.

$499 and Wii U would finally have some competition.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
But will it beat out Type-0 is the real question.

I hope they both do well regardless, Type 0 although not perfect is brimming with good ideas and a wonderful atmosphere and deserves more games similar to it..and Bloodborne is obviously bloodborne

Jomjom

Banned
Bloodborne 1st NPD > The Orders 1st NPD

In my opinion

Wow that's a pretty big change. I remember just prior to The Order's release you posted that BB was tracking well below Order or something like that. Maybe all the early positive impressions are getting around.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
I will be surprised if Bloodborne beats Type-0. With it being bundled with FFXV and on two consoles that may be a bit much. But I wouldn't be surprised at it selling more than The Order.

T0 might as well be a PS4 exclusive based on the sales. And i think FF15 demo was less a reason than people wanting a new FF after Lighting for so many years

If it's 150k+ this month, BGamer will have to move his goalposts again regarding what constitutes MS being in a bad situation.

I honestly can't see a gap that big this month but if it is, damn. I would certainly not want to be at Xbox HQ right now. Like, what do they even do at this point? $299 by June And maybe (and that's a somewhat big maybe) they'll be able to keep up

But will it beat out Type-0 is the real question.

For first month I will wager no, but yes for LTD. The people who want FF Type 0 (or the FFXV demo) already know and will pick it up or not accordingly. I think Bloodborne will start strong and the constant exposure from the press and people's buddies about the quality of the game will trickle some more sales into From's pockets during the slower April (Just MKX) and May (The Witcher 3) summer season.

RBK

Banned

Maybe Bloodborne really is a system seller?

That's pretty bad.

EDIT: Monthy is still what you'd expect, XB1 is #14th to PS4's 7th.

allan-bh

AC Bundle is out of stock until march 25.

Apt101

Where does one see the hourly and weekly Amazon rankings? I know of the best-seller pages for various categories, don't know how to find specific chronal results.

Where does one see the hourly and weekly Amazon rankings? I know of the best-seller pages for various categories, don't know how to find specific chronal results.
Hourly charts are useless, but if you really wan't to look at amazon charts I'd use monthly charts.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/2015-03/videogames

You can change the month if you change the url.

2015-03 = March 2015
2015-04 = April 2015
2013-12 = December 2013

etc.

I honestly can't see a gap that big this month but if it is, damn. I would certainly not want to be at Xbox HQ right now. Like, what do they even do at this point? $299 by June And maybe (and that's a somewhat big maybe) they'll be able to keep up

That might be their next move, but what if Sony slashes the price by $100 as well? Can MS afford to go to $199 already? Because at this point, it seems like X1 has to be $100 cheaper than the PS4 at all times to compete.

AC Bundle is out of stock until march 25.

Yes, probably because it's an archaic bundle now, and MCC is meant to be its successor... but where is that? #64, that's where.

stryke

Hourly charts are useless, but if you really wan't to look at amazon charts I'd use monthly charts.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/2015-03/videogames

You can change the month if you change the url.

2015-03 = March 2015
2015-04 = April 2015
2013-12 = December 2013

etc.

Weekly can be done as well

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/2015-03-02/videogames
http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/2015-03-09/videogames
http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/2015-03-16/videogames

Majmun

I didn't even know that the MCC bundle was out. Not doing well on the Amazon charts. Currently ranked #62, and dropping.

$349 with MCC is a pretty great deal :/

I didn't even know that the MCC bundle was out. Not doing well on the Amazon charts. Currently ranked #62, and dropping.

$349 with MCC is a pretty great deal :/

Not 'notably' better than ACU+ACBF at 349.

I think Dragonborn said it, but MS has devalued their product proposition of their XB1 offerings, by having too many good deals over a very short period of time.

Not 'notably' better than ACU+ACBF at 349.

I think Dragonborn said it, but MS has devalued their product proposition of their XB1 offerings, by having too many good deals over a very short period of time.
For the MCC bundle it might also have something to do with really bad word of mouth because of that game's horrid launch.

Majmun

It just baffles me seeing MS being $50 cheaper and having their most popular IP bundled, but still losing to the competition in their main territory.

If someone would've predicted this two years ago, I'd call them crazy and delusional.

The Ps4 priced at $349 would absolutely wreck the X1. The X1 has always to be cheaper from now on.

ZhugeEX

Banned
It just baffles me seeing MS being $50 cheaper and having their most popular IP bundled, but still losing to the competition in their main territory.

If someone would've predicted this two years ago, I'd call them crazy and delusional.

The Ps4 priced at $350 would wreck the X1 with its bundles.

Then you have to call me crazy and delusional.

People thought I was crazy when I predicted that PS4 would sell over 18 million in one year. Ended up selling almost 20 million by end of 2014.

(Just bear in mind that 18m is almost double what PS3 and Xbox 360 sold in their first years)

Surely it will still top March NPD right?

I'm going on a limb and saying Bloodborne > Type 0 HD for NPD.

Looking at Amazon this is my guess as well. The standard edition should soon overtake Type-0 PS4, and the CE should climb into the top #20.

I'm also anticipating a lot of people either unaware or on the fence about the game will pick it up next week, after positive reviews, word of mouth and stream coverage.

Majmun

Then you have to call me crazy and delusional.

People thought I was crazy when I predicted that PS4 would sell over 18 million in one year. Ended up selling almost 20 million by end of 2014.

(Just bear in mind that 18m is almost double what PS3 and Xbox 360 sold in their first years)

I thought the X1 priced at $499 would offer good competition in NA, seeing how big the Xbox brand is in that territory.

But MS only managed to survive by slashing the price by $150 and bundling a lot of games with the hardware.

Yikes, never expected that myself.

Top Bottom