• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for March 2014 [Up4: FFX/X-2 HD]

AniHawk

Chill. Wii u is up yoy.

(Chill... Or panic, but slightly less? Haha)

well. that's something. 70k, i'm guessing. isn't wii up yoy ytd?

vita... well, there's the revision coming out. and there's going to be exclusive games for at least a year. so... i guess there's that.

april may see it around 8-9k, which is something the psp was doing in 2012, i believe.

Orayn

Gaming seems pretty dead when a big name like Metal Gear sells like that.

Good luck to all publishers that need to sell a few million copies of thier games just to break even.

The hour-long $40 retail demo-prologue of a big name like Metal Gear.

Yes I know it's replayable, just saying that it's understandable why some people don't find it an attractive proposition.

Futaba

I'm genuinely surprised, I had more or less assumed Xbox one would have taken march by a small margin (10-20k or so) but to lose by over 50k?... damn

I'm glad the numbers are miserable. They need to get off their asses, get their account system caught up past the stone age, beef up their virtual console, etc. I love Nintendo but there is just so much they could be doing that they're not doing.

None of the things you've mentioned would improve sales even though they're great things that should be done. There's also a chance that they learn the wrong lesson (or a right lesson that takes the company in a direction no one likes).

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Hey, two months being the only previously released system being up yoy in a row ... One more and that's a TREND! When you're Nintendo now, you take your tiny wins to the BANK. LITERALLY. They need it.

Yoshi sold almost as much as previous release, and donkey only down like 35%ish... Not terrible, given the circumstance.

Dark souls being up30% in first four weeks to last release, ffx HD selling more than and almost more than ff13-3 and ff13-2 is very nice, and south park crushing any comparable liscence title are all good In my book.

(I'm going to avoid titanfall since it's a hot button here, but I fail to see anything wrong with its performance so far. Personally not my kinda game tho)

BlackJace

I'm not really sure where the optimism comes from that this failure will lead Nintendo to strive and change and invest towards recapturing this market, as opposed to simply pushing Nintendo further towards retreating from this market and pursuing others (QoL)...April and May tend to be less than March. Although this May has a major release at least.

I'm not really sure where the idea that QoL is Nintendo's backdoor out of the industry comes from either. Iwata himself (yeah yeah, he runs his mouth a lot) said that it's merely another revenue route, and that they are very much invested in gaming. Every company wishes to have more roots that can pump money.

Sandfox

I'm not really sure where the optimism comes from that this failure will lead Nintendo to strive and change and invest towards recapturing this market, as opposed to simply pushing Nintendo further towards retreating from this market and pursuing others (QoL)...April and May tend to be less than March. The US summer in general tends to lull. Although this May has a major release at least.

I don't think the QoL market is big enough for Nintendo to retreat gaming.

GamerJM

Banned
:(

At least the community is passionate. A fan translation will definitely happen regardless of the series official fate in the west.

Well, I don't know how easy it is to do an actual fan translation for a Vita game. There will certainly be translation guides and English Let's Plays though.

You know it's bad news for Microsoft when Arthur Gies is talking about the post office on his a Twitter feed.

You know its bad news when Gies is tweeting that the fact that Microsoft is reporting Shipped to Retailer numbers instead of Sold to Consumer numbers makes his eyebrow raise.

raven777

I think the estimate fact right now is about 60k more than XB1, so 370k

Vita is estimated at 10-11k

Rumor i heard was 60k more than the bone so 370kish?

Exactly 371K.

Yea. Xbox sold 311k and ps4 sold 371k. Ps4 sold 60k more than Xbox one

Yea. Xbox sold 311k and ps4 sold 371k. Ps4 sold 60k more than Xbox one

thanks!
Not much difference I guess but considering Titanfall release I also thought Xbox One will outsell PS4 so its a surprise.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
avert your eyes, SmokeyDave

fuck-this-and-this.gif

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
Hey, two months being the only previously released system being up yoy in a row ... One more and that's a TREND! When you're Nintendo now, you take your tiny wins to the BANK. LITERALLY. They need it.

Yoshi sold almost as much as previous release, and donkey only down like 35%ish... Not terrible, given the circumstance.

Dark souls being up30% in first four weeks to last release, ffx HD selling more than and almost more than ff13-3 and ff13-2 is very nice, and south park crushing any comparable liscence title are all good In my book.

(I'm going to avoid titanfall since it's a hot button here, but I fail to see anything wrong with its performance so far. Personally not my kinda game tho)

This pleases me greatly! Great game and thanks John Harker for the valuable insight! :)

Top Bottom