• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for March 2015 [Up1: Nintendo numbers, PS4 placing]

phanphare

Banned
NPD%20JOKE_zpsvtffoj7n.jpg

I hear polygon is hiring

Karatechop250

Neo Member
Revenue from last year.

''The big drag on revenue was definitely new hardware sales, which were down 21 percent from $393.4 million in March 2014 to just $311.1 million this year.''

So considering how Xbox One has seen price dop from $499 to $249 it's not exactly surprising.

Uhh yeah you obviously don't know what your talking about since the xbox one has never been sold for 249 dollars especially in the US.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
So... Ps4 or 3DS?

Well, Sony doesn't consider handhelds in their PR, and this is why, despite them saying "PS4 1st, cumulative leader in US and WW", 3DS was first. But, this month, considering 3DS is 260,000 < x < 270,000, unless something very strange happened, PS4 is higher than that. I think a lot higher than 300,000 as well.

Final Fantasy brand is badly damaged and FFXV MUST be extremely good for the franchise to continue in it's current high-budget way. I wish the best for Square Enix, but it's not looking too great right now regarding the franchise, unless they want to make FF MMOs and lower-budget spinoffs of the brand, which might not really be a bad thing :)

Type-0 was a pretty cheap remake. Outside some minimal camera work and the dub, you basically got something you could have gotten by bumping up the resolution on a PC emulator. I can't believe that it wouldn't cover costs with a mere 300K sales between America+Japan, though knowing SE's management style who knows. But it is an original Final Fantasy game on platforms that have a decent installed base and no competition in that genre.

There is likely a VERY high overlap between BloodBorne fans, and Final Fantasy fans. Even though BB is action oriented, it's still an RPG.

It launched with a extensive demo of Final Fantasy XV, and while that might not have been much on its own, a demo 1/10th the length of Final Fantasy VIII managed to help sell Brave Fencer Mushashi in the West.

Brave Fencer Mushashi was in 1998. The demo disc it came with was for FFVIII, a game that followed up (an eventual) 10 million seller, and the game itself did 8+ million. JRPGs will never, ever hit those levels again imho. different era.

Type 0 was simply not worth what SE was charging for it, and Genre fans were all feverishly (heh) waiting on bloodborne.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Ms pr sounds like they are competing with themselves, and not sony -.-

Nope, the competition with Sony is real. Remember how Sony spinned November sales by using Amazon Black Friday charts?

I would of gotten Type 0 if it was like $30 or something, but $60? Smoking some serious shit.

Went ahead and got if from Gamefly instead

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening
Type-0 was a pretty cheap remake. Outside some minimal camera work and the dub, you basically got something you could have gotten by bumping up the resolution on a PC emulator. I can't believe that it wouldn't cover costs with a mere 300K sales between America+Japan, though knowing SE's management style who knows. But it is an original Final Fantasy game on platforms that have a decent installed base and no competition in that genre. It launched with a extensive demo of Final Fantasy XV, and while that might not have been much on its own, a demo 1/10th the length of Final Fantasy VIII managed to help sell Brave Fencer Mushashi in the West. In that sense the sales can't be anything but a warning sign of franchise and perhaps genre fatigue, and SE would be right to be worried about the game's performence going forward. Especially as stylistically Final Fantasy XV looks quite similar(character designs, project head). They might have to rethink the way they intend to promote it.

Yeah, I think SE need to be careful. I think people were looking forward to XV but didn't want to pay $60 for the demo. ( I trying to my best at a decent replay)

allan-bh

How are people deducing this from the sales of 2 sequels nobody asked for, an MMO, ports and a remaster of a 4 year old PSP game?

We have yet to see empirical evidence of this outside of chatter on internet message boards.

There's a reason for no one asked for this sequels.

Top Bottom