• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for May 2015

People are already going into full ArsTechnica "Don't read too much into it" about Splatoon here.

giphy.gif

Not much of a mark for Splatoon, it's number 5 with 3 days on the market. I believe we have seen where it will stand. Still not bad, but a contrast compared to Japan. Then again, Wii U is still alive over there.

Leko04

Banned
CosmicQueso you over sold splatoons performance. Only 5th, I expected 2nd position based on your tease. My predictions are ruined.

Memory

Wasn't Splatoon only two days for this NPD reporting period? Released on May 29 and this NPD covers until May 30, right?

This is my understanding also, only 2 days have been tracked. I'd really like to know how much its sold worldwide so far and if Nintendo are honestly happy with the result.

mclem

I was actually a bit disappointed for Splatoon until the replies reminded me that it came out right at the end of the month.

Rephin

Wow, MKX really hanging on there. Glad it's successful for the continuation of the franchise.

Also Splatton at #5! Hope that game has legs into this month, seems every cool squid I know is playing it right now (except me).

Seeing The Witcher at #1 is awesome though. CD Projekt Red put a lot of effort into the game and the sales are well deserved. So much for that Xbox One marketing, though. Did Microsoft mess up the potential sales boosts for co-marketing, or was it due to every review using the PS4?

RM8

This is insanity. New IP on WiiU (and nothing else), three days of sales, and Splatoon makes it to #5. I was very worried because of TW101 and Code Name GOTY bombing tragically, but the exact opposite happened. Awesome outcome :]

FZZ

Banned
Inb4 unnecessary wall of shame posted by that one dude with the Chris Pratt avatar even though everyone who was wrong already knows cause of Japan's sales.

bryehn

I have zero interest in Splatoon and thought it might even flop a bit. Regardless, it's always nice to see a new IP debut strong. I wonder how front loaded it'll turn out to be. Only so many Wii U's out there. If it's actually selling consoles then that's great for Wii U owners in terms of continued support.

Not much of a mark for Splatoon, it's number 5 with 3 days on the market. I believe we have seen where it will stand. Still not bad, but a contrast compared to Japan. Then again, Wii U is still alive over there.

lol

Some people can't accept the fact that Splatoon actually seems to be doing well worldwide. It's a single SKU at #5 with two days of sales tracking. Two. Days.

Also, Wii U is a much healthier platform in NA than it is in Japan.

Ōkami

Wonder if Nintendo will do a PR report this time, Splatoon might be worth mentioning but things for the 3DS and WiiU can't be pretty.

The software charts is telling a bigger story. Sony leading 7 out of the top 10 and 2 of the top 10 were Wii U titles.

That's insane.

Before ya'll panic at things being down YOY, here's last year. Watch Doges and MK8 were massive. Software that month were 57% higher than 2013. We really should have graphs for this stuff. One-year relative values don't paint a super useful picture.

Insane Metal

Gold Member
Well... those numbers are really bad overall. Both software and hardware sales are down from last year. MS and Sony better bring more games for their systems.

It's depressing that these numbers keep getting bigger and the number of boxed retail games in general is getting smaller.

Before ya'll panic at things being down YOY, here's last year. Watch Doges and MK8 were massive. Software that month were 57% higher than 2013. We really should have graphs for this stuff. One-year relative values don't paint a super useful picture.

Being smaller than last year when last year was a recovery from a 13-year low is not at all encouraging.

Top Bottom