• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results For November 2010 [Update 6: PSP, PS2, Move Games]

Speevy

Banned
That the Xbox 360 went from utter stagnation to #1 defies explanation.

The PS3 numbers make a little more sense, but wow they're still horrible.

Damn Sony. :(

I actually feel for "faceless corporation x". The discrepancy between Sony and its competitors is staggering. :/

gerg

schuelma said:
I have to give it to Microsoft. Well done.

The 360 revival has been amazing.

But that guy who said that the 360 ate the Wii alive should feel even stupider now that we know that the sales difference is around 100,000 units. Also, lol at the PS3.

Speevy said:

Not really. Microsoft has very successfully relaunched their console. Furthermore, a ______* popular peripheral was launched in November that has noticeably driven sales. How long that lasts remains to be seen, of course.

*Insert qualification here.

Elios83

NeoUltima said:

Umm wow. Did not see that coming. That is a disaster. How does that even happen?

Well you know, the only product not priced at mass market level when 360 has been at that price since 2008, zero marketing, Gran Turismo 5 release has been handled like a train(car?:D )wreck, SCEA need a wake up. Good for them that Europe and Japan will save their holyday season.

clashfan

you have to remember sony didn't market ps3 till the end of the month of November, so those numbers are really for only a few days...

WrikaWrek

Banned
Pretty bad for Sony man.

They had their software year last year, and now they get Move and Gt5 out...and still nothing but hot air.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Wow, 360 and Wii are neck and neck. Good job on Microsoft for this year's incredible growth.

And lol PS3. It's doomed to be 3rd this gen in the States.

Empty

DMeisterJ said:
PS3 :eek: 530k is a YOY drop of epic proportions.

That's just plain fucking terrible.

especially when you consider that it's 530K and a 25% decrease YOY in the month that the long awaited entry in sce's biggest franchise was finally released and their direct competitor with so many of the same games on it increased their sales by 68%

amazing.
:(

fernoca

corkscrewblow said:
Surprised (kinda) about Dance Central not charting. RIP Harmonix
It probably did well.
Less than 500k, more than 100k Which is more than what RB3 did across 4 SKUs.
Yep:
Dance Central, Harmonix's full-body dance title for Kinect, cha-cha-chinged with sales in November. According to NPD, the game was #11 in overall sales for the month
#11 overall. Kinect Sports and Your Shape followed in sales; though no position.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Jonsoncao said:
PS3 was 378k in Nov 2008, it is up by a large margin on a year over the other year basis
Where do you find these numbers?

Jan-Nov 2009: 2.974.500
Jan-Nov 2010: 3.123.500

Large margin.

Dragon

Banned
Mrbob said:
We might be looking at a historic month. The month where the Xbox 360 takes control of the USA market, and possibly the fading away and death of the Playstation brand.

The 360 has been in control of the US market for six months right? It beat the Wii by a whopping 100,000 units this month.

hamchan

Also, when GT5 is one of the only things you have this holiday season it's a good idea to not screw up its release. :lol

[Nintex]

Elios83 said:
Well you know, the only product not priced at mass market level when 360 has been at that price since 2008, zero marketing, Gran Turismo 5 release has been handled like a train(car?:D )wreck, SCEA need a wake up. Good for them that Europe and Japan will save their holyday season.
Zero marketing what about that Butler fellow that shows up like every other day. :lol

Strike

Speevy said:

The PS3 numbers make a little more sense, but wow they're still horrible.

Slim + $500 million marketing push. There's your explanation.

Garjon

Were Ubisoft not boasting about how Your Shape was the best selling third party Kinect title by far? Guess Harmonix enjoyed a big surge by the end of the month.

gerg said:
The 360 revival has been amazing.

But that guy who said that the 360 ate the Wii alive should feel even stupider now that we know that the sales difference is around 100,000 units. Also, lol at the PS3.

Less of an "eaten alive" and more of a little nibble, I think ;-)

Also - Kinect launch, post-redesign, Blops launch etc. and it was still that close? I really think Nintendo deserve more credit than they get for how well the Wii is still selling considering what their competitors are throwing out there...

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Glad DK charted. Hopefully it has legs.

CaptainABAB

Dance Central at #11 for overall sales is still pretty good.

Kinect Sports and Your Shape: Fitness Evolved were the second and third best-selling Kinect titles

And don't make excuses about GT5 - that "3-4" day period included Black Friday.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Not to be too hyperbolic, but what the heck, it is NPD's- I think this month might be the deathknell of the PS3 U.S/worldwide LTD recovery idea as against the 360.

It was going to be tough for any Kinect title to chart high considering the size of the Kinect install base at this early stage compared to the 360, PS3 Wii etc install bases.

Congrats to Harmonix on Dance Central being the best-selling Kinect game, # 11 overall in Nov. A well-deserved win.

Congrats Harmonix :)

Sipowicz

Banned
butter_stick said:
I told GAF the Kevin Butler ads sucked for advertising GT5.

I got a derogatory tag when I should have got a medal.

kevin butler is a terrible character and all the adverts with him in are shit. the people who find him funny are the types of people who bought a PS3 on launch day for a ridiculous price just because it was a ps3

sony need to go back to the PS1 era when they were at the pinnacle of their marketing capabilities

Cruzader

Banned
LordPhoque said:
Sony is pretty much dead in the US.

PS3 numbers are bad but not that bad. If they went back to 2007 sales then yea I would say it would be bombing.

Move controller has failed, it appears, to grasp casual market.

tzare

gofreak said:
Not quite. It's more or less half way between 2008 and 2009 november numbers.

Not very good at all. Sony should really revise their marketing strategy in NA I think.
they should revise it worldwide, but obviously in US where MS is doing very well is where results are worse. Both nintendo and MS have had very good timing this generation, be it price reductions, bundles, games or accesories. Sony on the other hand feels rushed. they have great games but timing is awful. And some advertising would help as well. Hopefully for them Japan and Europe keep them alive when looking WW numbers.

schuelma said:
Not to be too hyperbolic, but what the heck, it is NPD's- I think this month might be the deathknell of the PS3 U.S/worldwide LTD recovery idea as against the 360.
Worldwide? They still own Japan and Continental Europe.

WrikaWrek

Banned
That Matrick dude from MS might look like a dork, talk and walk like one...and completely destroy MS's first party/2nd party/exclusive efforts..

But somehow, the fellow came out swinging.

Mileena

Banned
fernoca said:
It probably did well.
Less than 500k, more than 100k Which is more than what RB3 did across 4 SKUs.
Yep:

#11 overall. Kinect Sports and Your Shape followed in sales; though no position.
That's pretty poor for "Kinect's killer app"

Although it's hilarious how much it outsold RB3. Silly HMX.

Top Bottom