• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for November 2014 [Up3: NPD Data Error, AC:U #5]

Tamanon

Banned
That's about what one should expect with big price drop and bundles. Good on Microsoft, let's see if they can leverage sales in a more profitable way.

RoKKeR

If MS really did pull in 1.2 this month in the US alone then why are they not screaming from the rooftops about it? Take the W gents.

Spencer be feeding false numbers to different employees. Now he just needs to see who he mentioned 7-10k to and they're gonna have a awkward meeting tomorrow morning.

RIP Penello. We all know it was you :)

SRTtoZ

Don't forget bundles don't count toward game sales numbers :/

While you're right, I still don't think those represent the huge audience people think it does. People bought those bundles because they were FANTASTIC deals, like my best friend who hasnt to this day put more than 1-2 hours into Unity. AC is on the downslide, as it should be unless they put some love into the next one and start changing shit up.

This thread
post-38275-Community-Troy-Pizza-Fire-gif-qJC1.gif
Ahahaha. Perfect. What a rollercoaster.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
The Wii U was 223K 2013, so 10% up is actually 245K.

Why do people keep eyeballing... there are angles and maths posted.

It's 1.24M and 840K.

So, 2.08 between the two. Maybe, almost 80% was REALLY almost 80% this time.

We need an official statement on this. One random dude says 7-10k gap, another random dude says he's wrong, and then random dude #3 posts a pie chart. WTF.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Damn they are diminishing the lead by big numbers. I love that the "war" is this close right now, I sense so much potential in amazing games down the road.

Gotta love the the Xbox team has managed to pull the console out of the shithole.

Amir0x

Banned
You were right. Great call.

Boy, do I feel like a moron now.

Don't. After all these months, it was easy to fall into the thinking that maybe nothing could move the XBO but mountains.

In my view, that's exactly what MS did with the deals it was offering - move mountains. They DEFINITELY offset the cost of price margin decrease with these numbers.

Now to me they have no choice, they have to stay at $349.99 imo.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Xbox One sells 1.2M units in U.S. in November, topping PS4 and Wii U in early holiday battle

Microsoft’s Xbox One posted overall record unit sales in November, with 1.2 million units sold in the U.S. — reaping the benefits of a $50 price cut to top the PlayStation 4 and Wii U in the critical early days of the 2014 holiday shopping season.

The Redmond company released those numbers this afternoon, citing statistics from the NPD market research firm. Microsoft said the Xbox One was also the top-selling console in the UK for the month.

“Response to the holiday lineup of games on Xbox One was incredible, with Xbox One fans buying more games in November in the U.S. than any other gen eight platform and enjoying over 357 million hours of gameplay globally,” said Mike Nichols, corporate vice president for Xbox marketing, in a statement.

NPD didn’t release unit sales figures for the other consoles, but said total dollar sales from video-game hardware in the U.S. declined 23 percent to just over $1 billion in November, as a result of discounting.

“While the majority of the decrease in dollar sales of hardware stemmed from an expected drop of seventh generation console sales, eighth generation sales also decreased and represented 38 percent of the total declines in hardware sales from November 2013 to November 2014,” said Liam Callahan, NPD analyst, in a statement. “Despite a decline in dollar sales, hardware unit sales for eighth generation consoles increased by 3 percent over November 2013.”

Microsoft has lots of ground to make up against Sony, with the Xbox One trailing the PS4 in cumulative worldwide sales going into the peak shopping season.

From Geek Wire

RoKKeR

We need an official statement on this. One random dude says 7-10k gap, another random dude says he's wrong, and then random dude #3 posts a pie chart. WTF.

Cream is easily the most reliable source in NPD threads... Crazy has a track record of being right and wrong. Most recently he's been wrong about a lot as I recall.

Game4life

Banned
MS did really well. They deserved it. I still feel the Sony team is very complacent. Would not be surprised to see them lose America handily going forward. Dec is most certainly out of Sony's grasp at these prices unless they do a price drop.

Top Bottom