• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for November 2014 [Up3: NPD Data Error, AC:U #5]

Quotient

if the gap is that large, i'm surprised Microsoft didn't trumpet it in their pr statement.

Also, can we please have someone who has access to the NPD just post the percentage difference?

Fox_Mulder

Rockefellers. Skull and Bones. Microsoft. Al Qaeda. A Cabal of Bankers. The melting point of steel. What do these things have in common? Wake up sheeple, the landfill wasn't even REAL!
you had a good run Sony

psn

If that pic is correct, the green part would be the gap:
qeZRuY.jpg

Arion

MS is definitely going to keep this price cut now that they know it can win them the US. This gen is far from over.

Amir0x

Banned
my thinking was more rooted in there being lower hardware sales than what there turned out to be. 800k+ ps4s is still rather tremendous for a second november.

Did you see my note for you? I included you because you had a quite well thought out position, not because you deserved crow. I thought your comment was even more illuminating about the implication of these months numbers due to it.

badb0y

Lol, I knew that 7-10k was bullshit.

The Xbox One's effective price on Black Friday was $230 while the rest of the month it hovers $250-275(I am taking into account the free games in the bundles and whatnot).

Cream is easily the most reliable source in NPD threads... Crazy has a track record of being right and wrong. Most recently he's been wrong about a lot as I recall.

There are numerous people who frequent GAF threads who are reliable sources.

"Most reliable" doesn't apply here.

Bsigg12

It still stands that price trumps all. Sony has absolutely crushed it because they came in last year $100 cheaper. Microsoft slashed down to $70 cheaper plus games and blew Sony out of the water for November. It'll be interesting to see how Microsoft handles the price going forward as officially the drop to $349 ends in January so I wonder if they'll announce that as the permanent price moving forward.

Minions

Good month for both consoles all things considered. Reaffirms that with additional price cuts (30+) and throwing in more games (2-4 games included?) they should handily take December. After all these losses they really might raise the price back up. We are talking 100million+ in potential profit losses in 2 months alone.

Top Bottom