• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for November 2014 [Up3: NPD Data Error, AC:U #5]

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Another pie

Betting this one is Gen 8 hardware and the last one was MS vs. Sony vs. Nintendo hardware.

That would definitely reflect the trends better.

Actually, that would make NWU too big.

pie1.png

As you can see, Vita sees a resurgence in sales as PC sales continue to drop, resulting in a 3 way tie for PS, Xbox, and WiiU

Boke1879

well, if the gap truly is 400k, Microsoft should be commended for the way they have turned things around.

SCEA on the other hand, continues their streak as the tone deaf and most inept branch of SCE. They were never arrogant, just incompetent.

You act like selling 800k at their price point is bad. They still made a shit ton of money. That's their goal. Not to win NPD. I'd say they did good considering every. MS was just way more aggressive and it paid off for them.

December will be tough. I can see MS outselling Sony again but I do expect a drop off.

Does everything go back to normal after Christmas though. Even with a $350 Xb1?

Sony no doubt has the first few month of 2015 with The Order in Feb, and BloodBorne/FF type HD with FFXV demo in March. We'll see.

vpance

MS is definitely going to keep this price cut now that they know it can win them the US. This gen is far from over.

Yes, there's clear momentum for them now. They just need to eat another year or so of a losses, but it will handily give them the lead by next year. $349 + pack in and Sony is done.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Sony needs to step its game up if that pie chart is true for hardware sales.

That said, I think the PS4 will win December, Halo month is over. Not sure how much MS is willing to bleed for a PR victory either.

Top Bottom