• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for November 2015 [Up3: Combined Hardware For PS4 + XB1 + Wii U]

Huge month for PS4 and Xbone HW sales.

Yeah, but if early reports are to be believed, PS4 may have increased its lead over XB1 in the US by 200,000 or more! That is HUGE. Can't wait to see where this thread goes as far as extrapolating the numbers and inevitable leaks....

ryan299

MUTdkY0.jpg

So these three didn't achieve a November victory. I think it's time for a change, Microsoft.

Can't speak for Gears until 4 comes out next year, but they'll release Halo 6 and then they'll put Halo on the shelf for a while.

I would have owned a Smash+Splatoon bundle, but I'm not paying the same price as a PS4 for it.

As far as I'm concerned, Wii U is getting the sales it deserves.

Death2494

They won by less than 300k, they lost last month, December is up for grabs, MS will actually have games next year, it's likely the gap will still be within the same areas it has since it's peak, which was if not mistaken 1.2 million? until Sony actually does something to crush the Xbox one.

They lost last month by only 13k. Besides Cream hasn't provided us with pie yet. I do agree that December is up for grabs but Sony still has Star Wars and the COD bundles. Fallout 4 run better on PS4 also. Also in the grand scheme of things US only represents a little over 32% of PS4s install base, they can afford to lose US. For Microsoft, US represents something closer to 60% so losing US stings alot more. The gap will widen and you would have to completely ignore US sales history to state otherwise.

Yoday

Console Wars be damned, both consoles are doing very well and the industry looks healthier than ever. What a great time for the industry and a great time to be a gamer.

Biggest news to me is that NFS charted, and at number 7 to boot. This was a little surprising, but now that I think back it was one of the few sold out games at my Best Buy on Black Friday. I think the game did very well with its Black Friday price drop.

Bullshit

Install base doesn't guarantee sales, and I haven't seen anyone say otherwise. However, it does give you a better chance, which is why you generally see more support for the platforms that sell better. And you gave examples of games that are mostly outliers from what I've seen. Try comparing titles released simultaneously on mutliple platforms and you'll see why install base matters.

The original posters I was replying to, and I think there was another, both said this exact thing you're saying wasn't said. So my suggestion to you it to go back a few pages and read the conversation you are jumping in to.

Lol mario argument, what does that have to dow ith anything, wasn't even the best selling game on the gamecube and sold around PSX Crash bandicoot 1 numbers.

Yep, good thing Mario is selling the Wii U am I right?

Good thing paper Mario was the best sellign Jrpg in the PS- oh wait.

Good thing Mario Kart 64 was the best selling racing game during the PSX e- what?

Good thing Mario sport titles always sell well and top the cha- oh wait....

Good thing Halo was already popular and established in the Xbox 1 era- oh wait ti was new, so how the heck can you pretend Halo was a bad comparison in 2-001 to MOH when HALO HAD JUST CAME OUT WITH ITS FIRST GAME!!?

You are using horrible and flawed strawmans.
loud-noisehyo1r.jpg

..but really, maybe tone it down a tad.

harSon

Banned
CD has been in bed with MS for years .

That's kind of a disingenuous way of putting it. Before the reboot, the Tomb Raider franchise was at an all time low in terms of reception and sales - and Microsoft allowed them to unveil the reboot on stage at one of its press conferences.

Maybe becuase support/deals are stuck based on the strength of a platform in US. Biggest market and by far the most important.
But that's bullshit. Being number one only in the biggest market (which they aren't) still makes you #2 in the ROTW, where money spends surprisingly similarly to the almighty dollar.

You can't seriously believe that deals are made ignoring the entire rest of the world, can you?

maxiell

Disappointing for Battlefront. The lack of campaign and having a beta were both mistakes. It will probably make up some ground, but not at $60.

I'm pretty shocked by the PS4 numbers. I think it's hard to say the Uncharted Collection bundle was a bad move at this point. How much more could they even have sold with another game?

Given that the Xbox One deals were actually better last year than this one, it kinda puts 2014's firesale in perspective and explains why Sony won this holiday.

stryke

Didn't they ask for it because SE didn't want to make another? SE said the game underperformed expectations. I never saw anything about them saying we are making another until the deal came out.

Then you didn't look very hard -

http://eu.square-enix.com/en/blog/note-phil-rogers-ceo

Phil Rogers on 01/08/2013 said:
I am also excited to reveal that we are well into development on a next-generation Tomb Raider sequel – something you may have heard about recently!

Chobel

Didn't they ask for it because SE didn't want to make another? SE said the game underperformed expectations. I never saw anything about them saying we are making another until the deal came out.

You don't just request exclusivity and limit your install base unless you need the financial support to ensure the game gets made.

Am I the only one who could possibly see the logic in that?

SE/CD were working on TR sequel in 2013 http://eu.square-enix.com/en/blog/note-phil-rogers-ceo

EDIT: beaten again.

John Wick

They lost last month by only 13k. Besides Cream hasn't provided us with pie yet. I do agree that December is up for grabs but Sony still has Star Wars and the COD bundles. Fallout 4 run better on PS4 also. Also in the grand scheme of things US only represents a little over 32% of PS4s install base, they can afford to lose US. For Microsoft, US represents something closer to 60% so losing US stings alot more. The gap will widen and you would have to completely ignore US sales history to state otherwise.

Also so Sony just had PSX 2015 which sent out free publicity and positive vibe.

kuroshiki

2016 has Quantum Break, ReCore, Scalebound, plus other announced titles. 2016 looks to be what 2015 should've been, and that's adding all the new IP that should be replacing 7th gen IP's.

that can be said same for Sony's camp too. 2016 looks like a best year Sony has ever seen.

Jumeira

Banned
But we're talking closing the US sales gap. Which is a pointless measure when the worldwide gap is a canyon.
Holding the mantle in US goes a long way in terms of perception. Your right that it's moot WW, but 360 received more attention than it should have even though it was being destroyed outside of US/UK. Strategically, its important.

That's kind of a disingenuous way of putting it. Before the reboot, the Tomb Raider franchise was at an all time low in terms of reception and sales - and Microsoft allowed them to unveil the reboot on stage at one of its press conferences.
Weren't Tomb Raider Legend and Anniversary kept of the PS3 for years due to some MS agreement?

Top Bottom