• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for November 2015 [Up3: Combined Hardware For PS4 + XB1 + Wii U]

John Wick

That's kind of a disingenuous way of putting it. Before the reboot, the Tomb Raider franchise was at an all time low in terms of reception and sales - and Microsoft allowed them to unveil the reboot on stage at one of its press conferences.

Yep and look where that got them? Better off revealing it on a Sony press conference or their own and being multiplatform day one

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
The American public should be buying the American product I don't get it, wake up America

dZV8bY9.png

2016 has Quantum Break, ReCore, Scalebound, plus other announced titles. 2016 looks to be what 2015 should've been, and that's adding all the new IP that should be replacing 7th gen IP's.

You know how Tombraider's a good game but it bombed? I have something to tell you about Scalebound ...

allan-bh

Holding the mantle in US goes a long way in terms of perception. Your right that it's moot WW, but 360 received more attention than it should have even though it was being destroyed outside of US/UK. Strategically, its important.

I don't think that's true. Xbox 360 sold well in Europe, less than PS3 but not bad to being destroyed.

They lost last month by only 13k. Besides Cream hasn't provided us with pie yet. I do agree that December is up for grabs but Sony still has Star Wars and the COD bundles. Fallout 4 run better on PS4 also. Also in the grand scheme of things US only represents a little over 32% of PS4s install base, they can afford to lose US. For Microsoft, US represents something closer to 60% so losing US stings alot more. The gap will widen and you would have to completely ignore US sales history to state otherwise.

I didn't say the gap wouldn't widen, i said the gap is contested. Since the 1.2 million peak the gap has never gone over that and I don't see anyway it will without Sony throwing the finishing blow. It just slowly moves up then shrinks down.

That's all I'm saying. Maybe 2016 will be it, but with as YOU agreed with, december up for grabs, them being close this month and MS changing their releasing strategy to include games the first half of the year you may understand I may be skeptical.

BTW i don't have an Xbox One.

Jumeira

Banned
But that's bullshit. Being number one only in the biggest market (which they aren't) still makes you #2 in the ROTW, where money spends surprisingly similarly to the almighty dollar.

You can't seriously believe that deals are made ignoring the entire rest of the world, can you?
For western games absolutely.

Holding the mantle in US goes a long way in terms of perception. Your right that it's moot WW, but 360 received more attention than it should have even though it was being destroyed outside of US/UK. Strategically, its important.
Perception means nothing outside of dick wagging contests on the Internet.

pr0cs

I'm glad ps4 and xbone are close in numbers. Means they'll fight tooth and nail for sales which will be good for consumers. Hell, the digital sales this holiday have been exceptional

You know how Tombraider's a good game but it bombed? I have something to tell you about Scalebound ...

I think it will be a modest performance given that it's an open world game, very pretty, very accessible as compared to other P* games, it has a more "grounded" american protagonist
very pretty and it has dragons as well as mp

but it's a P* game so it will probably bomb

So in July 2015 ZhugeEx said that the Ps4 has sold around 770.000 consoles more in the US than the Xbox One

so that was the gap for the first 6 months.

Sony won July, August, September aswell - while Xbox One was Number 1 in October

Now with the November Numbers. the gap should be easily over 1 Mio

harSon

Banned
Yep and look where that got them? Better off revealing it on a Sony press conference or their own and being multiplatform day one

I never said it was a good idea. Simply that it wasn't a partnership that spawned out of thin air this generation due to Microsoft's deep pockets.

And keep fucking that chicken bruh Lol

RexNovis

Banned
Iam actually pretty happy that TTL games are dying off. They are such a blatant cash grab with all their expensive figures and limited collection packs. I don't often say this about games but heres hoping that TTL is flushed down the toilet sooner rather than later. Such a colossal waste of money.

I would be handy if someone can repost the top 10 best peformance for november in US. That was the ranking with the Wii on first place with 2M, if I remember correctly.

According to this ranking, Isn't the PS4 november 2015 the third best november of all time for US ?

HooYaH

I think it will be a modest performance given that it's an open world game, very pretty, very accessible as compared to other P* games, it has a more "grounded" american protagonist
very pretty and it has dragons as well as mp

As much hype Scalebound game gets hyped here, the game is going to bomb hard in the US. EU will probably gets better sales.

J-Rzez

Historically outside of minecraft perhaps later releases, especially the length of exclusively TR they usually bomb I think. Now mix in that it's going up against the well hyped, regarded Uncharted series finale next year, TR is doomed. Good job CD/SE wow.

Sony winning against MS's heaviest hitters, while Sony doesn't have theirs? In NA? Like said last year, this gen is in stone. Hopefully MS is making acceptable profits, they're locked in 2nd.

Hopefully Sony properly continues to invest in PlayStation and not take it easy. I mean as of now they are with PSVR and we'll finally see some first party and beloved owned IPs, just so they don't coast after that into next gen.

jayu26

I didn't say the gap wouldn't widen, i said the gap is contested. Since the 1.2 million peak the gap has never gone over that and I don't see anyway it will without Sony throwing the finishing blow. It just slowly moves up then shrinks down.

That's all I'm saying. Maybe 2016 will be it, but with as YOU agreed with, december up for grabs, them being close this month and MS changing their releasing strategy to include games the first half of the year you may understand I may be skeptical.

BTW i don't have an Xbox One.
Dude you are so ripe for an avatar bet. Gap will be over 1.2 million early next year.

OneUh8

More like joining Halo as another underperforming IP.

This is the truth. MS "big" IP's are long in the tooth. Halo is literally the only one care about at this point. I love Halo 5 multiplayer but can see it's flaws and why many people do not like it.

allan-bh

I doubt Gears 4 will outsell Halo 5 by that much, if it outsells at all.

Gears 3 sold more than 2 million on first NPD and I don't think the franchise is hurt like Halo was after Halo 4 and MCC.

Judgment is not a great game for sure, but this is just a late gen spin off. Gears 4 can be big.

Jumeira

Banned
I don't think that's true. Xbox 360 sold well in Europe, less than PS3 but not bad to being destroyed.
Do we have numbers ? Would be interesting to see. From what I've read (during x1 reveal) 360 didn't do well in Germany/France, EU's other big markets. PS3 beat X1 handidly in EU. But for the sake of this conversation some numbers would be good.

It does, and all three are releasing in it again.
You also conveniently left things like Quantum Break, ReCore, Scalebound, Crackdown and Sea of Thieves out. An admirable lineup of experiences.

Sony's 2016 is going to be overflowing with games. 2016 says hi, indeed.
I'm not sure what Sony has to do with what I wrote but alright. Unless you meant that in a positive light, then hell yes, lots of good stuff to go around.

Ushay

Wow both platforms killed it. And surprising to see Blops sell more on Xbox.

Shame about TR, I still plan on picking it up early next year.

Top Bottom