• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD September 2011 Sales Results [Update 3: FIFA 12, Madden 12, Dead Island]

donny2112

EagleEyes said:
Once again NPD is the only sales thread where worldwide numbers get brought up.

Worldwide (or at least, non-regional) numbers get brought up in the MC threads, too. We just label them as such and treat them accordingly. It's usually part of an analysis, though, instead of a vague reference to one's preferred console doing better elsewhere.

DR3AM said:
isnt walmart now included in the NPD?

NPD has made no such announcement. Wal-Mart numbers are now available licensed through Nielsen, but NPD hasn't stated that they've taken such a license. Wal-Mart should still be estimated for currently.

AniHawk

Erethian said:
Assuming we get regular hardware numbers from Sony.

it'll sure be weird when the vita launches and we'll have to guess from revenue percentage increases on how much hardware was sold.

BurntPork

Banned
creamsugar said:
that wiiware series complete < 1k
545454.jpg

By and large, Wii owners interested in the Bit.Trip games would either have them already or get the WiiWare versions.

...but still...

JdFoX187 said:
Space Marine did surprisingly well for a game that, from a casual perspective, looks similar to Gears of War 3, and the fact that it came out literally two weeks before the biggest game of the 360's year. Not to mention Warhammer 40K knowledge is fairly thin for most casual gamers. The game didn't need to be an RTS to sell more on consoles.
Oh, I don't want Space Marine to be an RTS, I just wanted it to borrow more from the DOW series. Different upgrade choices, lots of wargear/weapons to choose from and of course more vehicles, like the dreadnought. Being able to choose who is with you in your squad and what they are using/upgraded with would also be awesome. Only being able to use a jetpack here and there and not having any loot system was really disappointing to me. I really hope that if there is a sequel, the next game borrows more of those types of mechanics from DOW.

LOCK

Star Fox did great. Holiday legs will be great for the game.

The 3DS is doing great, all things considered. Once Nintendo kicks in their Mario Land commercials and parents are evaluating what to buy for Christmas presents, the 3DS will do great this November and December.

I predict October to be basically flat, with November over 500k and December over 1mil.

fernoca

Boney said:
creamsugar knows what's up
:O! cream posted?!
Control+f, page 5..no results! :(
Control+f, page 4... :O!!!

Nice number indeed.
Way higher than expected. Means that at least every game in the top 10 did more than that..unlike August's numbers; which nearly every game in the Top 10 did less than that.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Fernando Rocker said:
So... the 3DS sold more than last month, but according to some of you, it is still doomed.

Never change, GAF.

Please post this eight more times. We need you to show up GAF.

Curufinwe said:
The killer Best Buy sale must have helped. I know it being $25 there was what pushed me over the edge.
That and the easy plat for Ico.

I'm still bummed that Amazon didn't price match this.

maeda

Sweet! It seems that 3DS is phasing DS out. I even started seeing kids with it. By the mid 2012 the platform will be an unstoppable bulldozer!

Pocks

BladeoftheImmortal said:
I didn't think the 50 dollar cut would have that much of an effect for Ps3. Just thin if it was $199.99

I will buy at that price... probably won't happen until next summer though.

Hopefully Sony surprises me and does another price drop this holiday. I can dream, right?

Giolon

Wow, I really didn't expect the 3DS's sales to hang on so well after the price drop. I just don't see the library or hardware features that I would expect to really drive people to pick this thing up compared to say an iPod Touch or even a DSi (and I say this as a relatively happy 3DS ambassador program member).

Ridley327

Giolon said:
Wow, I really didn't expect the 3DS's sales to hang on so well after the price drop. I just don't see the library or hardware features that I would expect to really drive people to pick this thing up compared to say an iPod Touch or even a DSi (and I say this as a relatively happy 3DS ambassador program member).
The important takeaway is that the 3DS has definitely been eating into the DS sales, which is the most pertinent thing that needed to happen with the price drop.

Giolon said:
What features does the DSi have that the 3DS doesn't?

decent numbers for ico collection.....well deserved this time around since the original release was largely ignored (i bought the game back then so im part of the solution.....)

Im pressive sales from both the 360 and PS3. I wonder if MS is even considering a price drop or if they're just going to ride this momentum through to next year (or maybe next gen). Personally i think a price drop could work wonders and they should be trying to maximise their momentum before next gen starts.

Giolon

nincompoop said:
What features does the DSi have that the 3DS doesn't?
Depending on where you buy it, up to an $80 lower price, better better life, and screens on which DS games (which make up 99% of the 3DS "library" at this point) look better?

Top Bottom