• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NV Democrats file complaint against Sanders campaign to DNC

Status
Not open for further replies.
The ending result is "fair" and the swing would have been meaningless.

Yes. Yes. Yes.

I still think you can't just call voice votes incorrectly to get the outcome you want....

Procedure has to always be followed. The party has that responsibility...

Can people stop using Bernie bros please?

Of course, we can ignore procedure if we support Sanders though right? We can demand independents be allowed in. We can demand recounts happen of results over and over until we get the ones we like. Right?

boiled goose

good with gravy
Not until they stop doing shit like this.

Bernie bros is used to paint all bernie supporters with an inaccurate broad brush. It doesn't just point out the individuals doing the harassment.

Of course, we can ignore procedure if we support Sanders though right? We can demand independents be allowed in. We can demand recounts happen of results over and over until we get the ones we like. Right?

Huh?? Holy strawman Batman.
Where did I even imply that??
The responsibility to ensure procedure is followed rests on the party.

hom3land

All people had to do was register democratic instead of independent.

It's not hard.

I really hate this answer. The parties are not part of the government, yet run the government. They have set it up where they are the only 2 parties that are viable. You shouldn't punish someone's rights just because they are independent. This is coming from a registered Democrat.

Alucrid

Banned
I really hate this answer. The parties are not part of the government, yet run the government. They have set it up where they are the only 2 parties that are viable. You shouldn't punish someone's rights just because they are independent. This is coming from a registered Democrat.

what rights are being punished? come the general election, as an independent, they can vote for whoever they want

boiled goose

good with gravy
There is no corruption, just a bunch of folks that didn't know how something worked. If the Sanders campaign was really about a revolution they would have been educating folks and organizing them.

Im not even talking about the credentials thing. Should be looked into, if it turns out 58 delegates unregistered yes that's their stupid fault

That said... watch the voice vote videos. Can anyone honestly say that it wasn't complete bullshit?

boiled goose

good with gravy

Some rules suck. But rules have to be changed in advance.

Once rules set, you have to follow them.

Oddish1

Im not even talking about the credentials thing. Should be looked into, if it turns out 58 delegates unregistered yes that's their stupid fault

That said... watch the voice vote videos. Can anyone honestly say that it wasn't complete bullshit?

I've seen one voice video being treated as a smoking gun, but the video was also pretty obviously taken near a bunch of Bernie delegates who were yelling so I didn't pay it any attention.

Bernie bros is used to paint all bernie supporters with an inaccurate broad brush. It doesn't just point out the individuals doing the harassment.

Huh?? Holy strawman Batman.
Where did I even imply that??
The responsibility to ensure procedure is followed rests on the party.

Isn't everyone at the convention part of the party?

Yeah, people who had been insulted and screamed at for hours forced the convention closed through undemocratic measures. This was in response to a bunch of people angry that they couldn't undemocratically flip the state for Sanders who weren't going to accept any result they didn't like.

dramatis

The ending result is "fair" and the swing would have been meaningless.

Yes. Yes. Yes.

I still think you can't just call voice votes incorrectly to get the outcome you want....

Procedure has to always be followed. The party has that responsibility...
Voice votes are pretty useless. On the Hillary side, Hillary supporters sound louder. On the Sanders side, Sanders supporters sound louder. The chair has the right to call voice votes because you simply can't have a roll call vote on every item on the menu within a limited time. This is to facilitate the process.

Arkeband

Banned
I've seen one voice video being treated as a smoking gun, but the video was also pretty obviously taken near a bunch of Bernie delegates who were yelling so I didn't pay it any attention.

The person taking the voice vote visibly panics when the Bernie side votes and resorts to whispering amongst people onstage.

Maybe the problem here is you weren't paying attention to the whole video...

CCS

Banned

But this isn't to vote, this is to be a delegate in a Democrat convention. Why should you be allowed to be a Democrat delegate if you're not a Democrat?

Oddish1

The person taking the voice vote visibly panics when the Bernie side votes and resorts to whispering amongst people onstage.

Well considering I watched the whole video, saw no "visible panic", and every video I've seen of this has always shown people whispering amongst themselves, I'm gonna say that the problem isn't with me.

Maybe you're just seeing what you want to see...

boiled goose

good with gravy

Yes. And they changed the rules to voice votes with losing voice vote for some reason. The whole thing was a Fucking mess.

Voice votes are pretty useless. On the Hillary side, Hillary supporters sound louder. On the Sanders side, Sanders supporters sound louder. The chair has the right to call voice votes because you simply can't have a roll call vote on every item on the menu within a limited time. This is to facilitate the process.

I agree they are useless. When an important vote is unclear you have to do a roll call....

Well considering I watched the whole video, saw no "visible panic", and every video I've seen of this has always shown people whispering amongst themselves, I'm gonna say that the problem isn't with me.

I hope we can all agree that at the very least the vote wasn't clear and a roll call should have been done.....

Oddish1

Yes. And they changed the rules to voice votes with losing voice vote for some reason. The whole thing was a Fucking mess.

I agree they are useless. When an important vote is unclear you have to do a roll call....

I hope we can all agree that at the very least the vote wasn't clear and a roll call should have been done.....

Unless I misunderstand something Hillary had more delegates anyway, and just about all reporting has stated that the issues were split between the camps. So wouldn't a roll call just have ended in Hillary's favor anyway?

boiled goose

good with gravy
Unless I misunderstand something Hillary had more delegates anyway, and just about all reporting has stated that the issues were split between the camps. So wouldn't a roll call just have ended in Hillary's favor anyway?

Maybe? Probably?

You cant say voicevote and then just call sides willy nilly ignoring what happened on the floor...

People have to be honest with themselves and accept that those voicevotes were bull.

Arkeband

Banned

lol what

She asks for "ayes" and the guy behind her even mouths "c'mon!!!" to encourage the audience to speak louder because they're not voicing loud enough. She stands facing the audience waiting for the voice vote to end.

She asks for those opposed, shifts her weight uncomfortably before stepping away from the podium, speaks amongst people onstage, then stutters out a rebuttal to the voice vote: "The ruling by the chair is not debatable; we cannot be challenged
and I move that the er... and I announce that the rules have passed by the body."

There are other videos of the voice vote on YouTube from various locations in the room, saying "oh the one video I looked at was from Bernie's side so I ignored it" and then still coming to your own conclusion is just silly.

Branduil

I don't think Bernie necessarily wanted this to happen, but it's a pretty inevitable result when you tell your supporters for months that everyone who opposes you is a corrupt shill trying to rig the results.

boiled goose

good with gravy
lol what

She asks for "ayes" and the guy behind her even mouths "c'mon!!!" to encourage the audience to speak louder because they're not voicing loud enough. She stands facing the audience waiting for the voice vote to end.

She asks for those opposed, shifts her weight uncomfortably before stepping away from the podium, speaks amongst people onstage, then stutters out a rebuttal to the voice vote: "The ruling by the chair is not debatable; we cannot be challenged
and I move that the er... and I announce that the rules have passed by the body."

There are other videos of the voice vote on YouTube from various locations in the room, saying "oh the one video I looked at was from Bernie's side so I ignored it" and then still coming to your own conclusion is just silly.

Yeah if people on this thread dont see that as the complete bs that it was then the hypocrisy knows no bounds....

Threats harassment and violence are not acceptable and should be condemned.

But folks have to acknowledge that the convention was a Fucking mess where one side was clearly being railroaded by those in charge

legacyzero

Banned
Id be pissed too if I witnessed the shady shit that happened at the convention

Threats are a bit much though

Will Sanders at least condemn this? Because it's disgusting.

I mean I'm sure if he does it it will be in a half-assed backhanded way but it would at least make him not look like a total asshole.
Sanders has ALWAYS condemned it.

damisa

I don't think Bernie necessarily wanted this to happen, but it's a pretty inevitable result when you tell your supporters for months that everyone who opposes you is a corrupt shill trying to rig the results.

Bernie doesn't care about the Democratic Party or the behavior of his shitty supporters, his ego is too big, he only cares about himself and winning at any cost

Blader

Saying "threats and violence aren't cool, having said that, I can see why would they do this" is not the condemnation some of you guys think it is.

I still laugh at Devine bitching constantly about the system he quite literally created.
How did Devine even get this job in the first place? How do you look at that resume, say "So I see you helped manage two losing presidential campaigns before," and think this is your guy?

BanGy.nz

Banned
Saying "threats and violence aren't cool, having said that, I can see why would they do this" is not the condemnation some of you guys think it is.

How did Devine even get this job in the first place? How do you look at that resume, say "So I've seen you helped manage two losing presidential campaigns before," and think this is your guy?

He'd worked with Bernie before and everyone else was either for Clinton or waiting on Biden.

Slayven

How did Devine even get this job in the first place? How do you look at that resume, say "So I see you helped manage two losing presidential campaigns before," and think this is your guy?

That is what i have been saying, chances are he was the only one that called back

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
I think they'd have rallied around Rand Paul tbh.

A lot of the voter block (18-24) that Bernie entices loves that type of candidate, see Paul, Ron.

I've seen a lot of Berniebros online saying they'll vote for Trump if Bernie doesn't get nominated.

lol what

The video I saw, had numerous Sanders supporters screaming and yelling insults at her.

Maybe that's why she visibly reacts?

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
That is what i have been saying, chances are he was the only one that called back

Yep, and he has no cap on his compensation either. Which goes along with your theory.

Maybe? Probably?

You cant say voicevote and then just call sides willy nilly ignoring what happened on the floor...

People have to be honest with themselves and accept that those voicevotes were bull.

Were you there? You are basing this off a video of which it can be difficult to gauge based on where it was recorded.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
This isn't unexpected when a candidate is treated the way Bernie has been. It's ridiculous to watch videos of the corruption happening out in the open. Dems aren't really trying to hide it anymore.

Gotta force that Hillary down America's throat.

This isn't unexpected when a candidate is treated the way Bernie has been. It's ridiculous to watch videos of the corruption happening out in the open. Dems aren't really trying to hide it anymore.

When I read something like this all I can do is laugh. I seriously can't comprehend how people like this exist. Not everyone is out to get you every time things don't go your way.

Brinbe

So yeah, I read through this the other day and this process is substantially more divisive than 2008 at this point and that contest was more closely contested.

Honestly though, fuck those idiots. Hillary, her campaign and the DNC need to pay these sore losers zero attention or think they have any importance in shaping the future of the party.

And we all should have seen this coming months ago when it was Bernie's folks that hacked into Hillary's voting data then somehow blamed the Clinton campaign and the fucking DNC for being at fault in the first place when that's far from the truth. They're fucking insane!!!
http://www.mediaite.com/online/sand...-breached-voter-data-may-have-been-dnc-plant/

Cheebo

Banned
I honestly don't know what the difference between Bernie Bros and gamer gaters are anymore. Their tactics seem basically identical. I can't wait for this primary to be over so they can go through their stages of grief and eventually get behind Clinton.

Blader

Gotta force that 3 million vote advantage down everyone's throats

Slayven

How badly has Bernie been treated?

boiled goose

good with gravy
Unfortunately for Bernie, outside of his bubble of die hard supporters, this is how people view him now. He's tarnished his name with this entire end of primary nonsense.

Nope. This is not how people view him. This viewpoint is ironically only held by the most deluded Hillary supporters.

Yeah bernie hesitantly ran for President because of his huge ego.

The cross support between Bernie and Hillary is actually fine and consistent with other primaries...

User1608

Banned

Hillary has well over two million more votes than Bernie. She is more popular overall.

It is not difficult to understand.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
When I read something like this all I can do is laugh. I seriously can't comprehend how people like this exist. Not everyone is out to get you every time things don't go your way.

It really gives the forum a bad look when you have people basically defending this.

I honestly don't know what the difference between Bernie Bros and gamer gaters are anymore. Their tactics seem basically identical. I can't wait for this primary to be over so they can go through their stages of grief and eventually get behind Clinton.

The people making these death threats and other sexists insults will never "get behind Clinton". They never planned too, and honestly for many the idea of a Women being president probably fuels their support of Sanders.

Nope. This is not how people view him. This viewpoint is ironically only held by the most deluded Hillary supporters.

Yeah bernie hesitantly ran for President because of his huge ego.

The cross support between Bernie and Hillary is actually fine and consistent with other primaries...

The media for Bernie this last week has been a disaster. They're painting him and his supporters as spoiled children.

Cheebo

Banned
If you don't want to be part of a party then you shouldn't expect to be able to take part in that party's state and national convention. That isn't unreasonable.

Slayven

It really gives the forum a bad look when you have people basically defending this.

The people making these death threats and other sexists insults will never "get behind Clinton". They never planned too, and honestly for many the idea of a Women being president probably fuels their support of Sanders.

That is why they transition so well into being Trump supporters. They don't really care about the process or issues, they just wan to shit things up

Its telling how Bernie Bros have such a massive persecution complex.

Maybe, just maybe, Bernie hasn't been doing a good job with his campaign.

boiled goose

good with gravy
Gotta force that 3 million vote advantage down everyone's throats

This is exactly why I think running the convention in such a disastrous way is very silly.

Then again, people watch the same video I did and don't say anything wrong.

Unbelievable..

The second line has never been said by the campaign.

The first is interesting... because I do think the system is extremely corrupt. You have to point it out... if merely pointing out corruption incites violence then we have a big problem...

Sanders himself has never advocated violence. Has always been clearly against it.
Oh, this is a pretty dishonest line here. In an entire other thread you had multiple people point out Bernie Sanders' "You're too smart not to vote for me" remark, so you damn well know he has heavily implied the people who did not back him were not intelligent enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom