• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NXT Takeover: Brooklyn III |OT| The Eclipse Comes Early

xintin

Ember clearly being setup the way they did Bayley, just on a higher profile. She won’t be the one to win the title after Asuka drops it either, they're going for the “at long last” moment in either New Orleans or Brooklyn IV with Ember.

NastyBook

CPgwE2K.gif

The moon never outshines the sun, brehs.
That is a nice ass pair of shades she's rocking.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
At this point you don't question whether TakeOver will be good you just measure them against other TakeOvers, imo.

People think every finisher should be treated like the owa.

She hit the Eclipse, Asuka kicked out of it, the only wrestler in the entire WWE that would probably do it.

What was gained from Asuka kicking out of it? The feud was built around that move being a killer and Asuka needing to cheat to beat Ember because she was so scared of it. The pay off should have been Ember hitting it and winning or Asuka figuring out a counter. The finish we got was fuck the build because Asuka's the best lol.

I love the fact Asuka won. Let Moon win it at the main roster level. She has a great main roster look.

Asuka does also but I fear she may not make it on that level unless she's pair with Heyman or someone who's good on the mic as her manager.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Bobby Roode vs Brian Kendrick XL

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
What was gained from Asuka kicking out of it? The feud was built around that move being a killer and Asuka needing to cheat to beat Ember because she was so scared of it. The pay off should have been Ember hitting it and winning or Asuka figuring out a counter. The finish we got was fuck the build because Asuka's the best lol.

Asuka has nowhere to go but main roster at this point. NOBODY is booked on her level anywhere.

Cross is the most over but it makes no sense for her to beat Asuka at this point. It makes ZERO sense to do anything for Asuka other than her just winning the title the first night she shows up on SmackDown.

It continues to add to Asuka's aura. If that move couldn't stop her, what can?

Same reason Kenny Omega has kicked out of about a dozen Rainmakers since January.

Angry Grimace

Lesnar isn't retaining. They didn't set up the "Brock leaves WWE" storyline for no reason.

If Ember is getting called up fine but I hate the idea of Asuka getting called up undefeated because it just means someone who doesn't need it will get the rub of beating her and there's no way in hell she continues to be booked as strongly in the 50/50 hell that is the main roster.

Announcers fucked up btw not selling that Ember's Eclipse wasn't as impactful because of her arm injury. That would have protected the move a bit more and sold the story of the match a bit more.

Great selling on the arm though all match from Ember

Agreed.

It proves there's no match for Asuka in NXT, hence giving legitimacy to the rumour it's being discussed right now.

Ember is still one of the best talents, the Eclipse is not buried, watch it not being kicked out of again for months and months to come.

El-Suave

Happy Asuka retained. I'm wondering who will be her manager on the main roster, because she'll probably need somebody to talk for her.

Lol Ember didn't carry Asuka... come on.

I may have been slightly hyperbolic...

Asuka has nowhere to go but main roster at this point. NOBODY is booked on her level anywhere.

Which is my issue with Asuka's reign. She's just boring. If the build to this match featured Asuka focusing and training on a way to beat Ember I'd have no issue. The thing is the feud was built around her not giving a fuck and still coming out on top.

Also there's a tiny chance I'm just a huge Ember mark given I defended most of Asuka's title wins that other people had issues with in the past.

Top Bottom