• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NY Times:Trump’s Chief Strategist Says News Media Should ‘Keep Its Mouth Shut’

Status
Not open for further replies.
(CNN) Steve Bannon has no regrets.

The ex-Breitbart executive, who serves as Trump's chief strategist for the new administration, told The Hollywood Reporter that "darkness is good."

"Dick Cheney. Darth Vader. Satan. That's power. It only helps us when they (liberals) get it wrong. When they're blind to who we are and what we're doing," he said in an interview published Friday, his first outside of Breitbart since the election.

A reminder I posted yesterday

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
Being wrong is not being at war with truth. It's just being wrong. You can't win that fight if you just silence the "enemies". Truth is something that doesn't go away, no matter how hard you try.

Magni

https://twitter.com/funder/status/824798272065638401

for those that don't remember, Steve Bannon got charged with domestic violence against the wife of his twins, he lost it when she asked for his Amex card to go shopping, bruised her neck and wrists and threw the phone across the room after she tried to escape from him and call 9/11 luckily the operator heard the altercation through the broken phone and the cops turned up anyway.

January 1st. Was he hoping no one would be working at the 911 call center?

Fuck him. He's the worst one of the lot, and that's saying something.

“I want you to quote this,” Mr. Bannon added. “The media here is the opposition party.”

This is fucking terrifying. And people used to laugh when Trump and some of the people around him were labeled as fascists. God help this country.

Jag

https://twitter.com/funder/status/824798272065638401

for those that don't remember, Steve Bannon got charged with domestic violence against the wife of his twins, he lost it when she asked for his Amex card to go shopping, bruised her neck and wrists and threw the phone across the room after she tried to escape from him and call 9/11 luckily the operator heard the altercation through the broken phone and the cops turned up anyway.

So he's not that different from his supporters.This is just a badge of honor for them. The rest of us are clearly too impotent to stop this madness.

Wilsongt

Bannon needs to seriously be ejected from the White House. Someone like that doesn't need to have that kind of influence.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
EDIT: in OP

The media should be the opposition party. We got an unnecessary and destabilizing war in Iraq the last time it was not. (Thanks Judith Miller!)

Not sure if this got posted, but the full quote is pretty different in context

That said, the media should be the opposition party. We got an unnecessary and destabilizing war in Iraq the last time it was not.

Everything you quoted is in the OP and in bold.

Lego Boss

I said it the other day, and I'll say it again: Bannon is not Karl Rove. I think he believes he's the same type of Machiavellian reality-bending bullshit curator, but he is nowhere near as intelligent or subtle. He and his alt-right Breitbart contingent are dangerous and troublesome, and what they did got Trump elected, but I think they're going to have a harder time keeping their insanity in their pants now that the spotlight is solely on them.

The problem is Rove WAS intelligent.

Bannon has a little intelligence, and as the old adage goes, a little intelligence is a dangerous thing . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom