• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Oculus' Palmer Luckey is funding an anti-Hilary shitposting org

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnsmith

remember me
Oh, look who hangs out with gamergaters.

1JegYYT.png

@nikkimoxxi
I used to be a #sjw like Randi, then I took a @Nero to the brain
#GamerGate

It's going to be real said if it turns out Gabe Newell is ALSO funding a pro-Trump propaganda campaign-cum-internet hit squad. Then who will we buy our high-priced VR toys from?

But more seriously, the way the Daily Beast article is worded, Palmer Luckey talked to Daily Beast reporters directly about this 501(c). There's nothing for him to "own up to," he's talking openly about it. He doesn't give a shit if you know or not. Which makes it all the more infuriating, really.

People shouldn't assume anything about the guy's politics, this is strictly business. Trump's disastrous reign will leave the country in ruins and drive sales of VR-enabled escapism.

jay

People shouldn't assume anything about the guy's politics, this is strictly business. Trump's disastrous reign will leave the country in ruins and drive sales of VR-enabled escapism.

Business is politics.

Oh, it was a joke. Sorry, I read the first line and got mad.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Man, he really fell out of grace with the internet. I'm really not surprised though. Can't trust a dude that doesn't wear shoes in public.

Loxley

Which allegations?

Bethesda alleges that Carmack knowingly took important files and VR technology that he created while under Bethesda's employ at Id (which would make it Bethesda's property) and used it when he moved to Oculus to help the Rift.

Everything will be fine when all the old people die, they said. Future generations will continue to spread tolerance and peace, they said.

Mr. X

If I didn't think VR was a fad, I'd definitely boycott this fucks product and all who are affiliated in it for profit.

Well, this is disappointing, but not totally surprising based on the stuff he likes on Twitter. I think it's time to unfollow him.

My Oculus Rift literally had cobwebs on it the other day because I hadn't touched it since getting the Vive, but this certainly does want me to support them even less. That won't be difficult.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
Carmack's probably a Trump guy, too.

carmack is nobodies guy. when it all gets too much he's going to teleport himself to mars and come up with a unified field theory just so he can run a real time ray tracing engine on a colecovision.

Aselith

I made it up so don't assume it's true. But from Masters of Doom, he seems very aloof and uninterested in mortals problems and his wife is some sort of libertarian.

Yeah, Carmack is Mekani Party to his core. Make circuit boards great again!

He doesn't need PR skills when the biggest Donald Trump subreddit is helping him out.

I honestly cannot wait for Trump to lose *fingers crossed* so all of these fucks can go fuck themselves.

Fuck Oculus.

Well that's just it. They aren't helping him out. They were less-than-impressed with his post. Which answers my own question, really.

Well, this is disappointing, but not totally surprising based on the stuff he likes on Twitter. I think it's time to unfollow him.

My Oculus Rift literally had cobwebs on it the other day because I hadn't touched it since getting the Vive, but this certainly does want me to support them even less. That won't be difficult.
time to change avatar! :p

phaonaut

That Occulus was mostly made with their tech while Carmack was still an employee.

Bethesda alleges that Carmack knowingly took important files and VR technology that he created while under Bethesda's employ at Id (which would make it Bethesda's property) and used it when he moved to Oculus to help the Rift.

Did they sue for this? Seems like a huge deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom