• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SUPERHYPERCUBE cancels Oculus support

FelipeMGM

https://twitter.com/Polytron/status/779392568425455616
http://pastebin.com/Vq71ELkn

You may have seen the news yesterday that ties Oculus Founder Palmer Luckey to Nimble America, a Trump-endorsing organization Luckey started to defame Clinton via "the power of Internet memes".

In a political climate as fragile and horrifying as this one, we cannot tacitly endorse these actions by supporting Luckey or his platform.

In light of this, we will not be pursuing Oculus support for our upcoming VR release, SUPERHYPERCUBE.

If you are a voting citizen of the United States, please remember to register and make your voice heard this November 8th. Do not let bigotry, white supremacy, hate and fear win.

Kokoromi & Polytron

EDIT: Yes, SUPERHYPERCUBE is the game Phil Fish is working on with some other devs, will be a launch title of PSVR

EDIT2: Insomniac also weighted in on the issue

"Insomniac Games condemns all forms of hate speech. While everyone has a right to express his or her political opinion, the behavior and sentiments reported do not reflect the values of our company. We are also confident that this behavior and sentiment does not reflect the values of the many Oculus employees we work with on a daily basis."

Tsosie

Was going to wait on PSVR until more games were released (RE7), but I think I will purchase this game day 1 now whether I have the unit or not at release.

daegan

This just makes me want to buy the game even more. Gonna wait until I actually pick up a PSVR though, maybe next year sometime...

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
Folks with integrity. I salute you.

artsi

I can see FB / Oculus cutting Palmer loose soon considering they don't even need him anymore and he's apparently not in any managerial position either.

Ferrio

Banned
In all the doom and gloom threads about VR did anyone call Trump as one of the reasons for it's fall? Someone deserves a medal if they called that.

Betty

Banned
olB0hX5.gif

Trojan

Wow, good on them. I would not be happy with Palmer if I were an Oculus owner. Even looking past his own personal beliefs, to publicly side with that group was an incredibibly stupid business move that is going to have bad repurcussions to the Rift.

Top Bottom