• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official C&C:Red Alert 3 Thread of D list actors doing FMV

mr stroke

otake said:
I agree. I refuse to play with someone else so I'm stuck at the last mission of the soviet campaign.

(if your still stuck)
just build an airbase and build 7-8 blimps and rush them at the statue of liberty. Should work easily.

What's your nick?

Read www.red3.org for build orders and tips

MRSTROKE

thanks been looking for some build orders. People online are REALLY fast, one wrong build order or mis step and your a goner.

Waikis

dalin80 said:
the co-commander rubbish really ruins the SP side.

Why?They are good at suicidial missions for breaking the enemies' defense :lol .

@Mrstroke

It kinda depends on what faction the other guy is playing. I am mostly playing with soviets. For Sov vs. Rising sun , I would need to stop their expansion ASAP with terror drones. For Sov vs. Allied , usually i would approach the game much slower and concentrate on expansions.

jko

sorry for bumping this thread...i just got the game and being a noob about stuff like DRM and SECUROM, is it safe to install this game on my Vista?? the thing i'm worried about most is malwares running in the OS's background hogging up the CPU...will installing this game do that to my computer??...even when i'm NOT playing the game??

any help is appreciated!!

thx!!!!

otake

Doesn't know that "You" is used in both the singular and plural
jko said:
sorry for bumping this thread...i just got the game and being a noob about stuff like DRM and SECUROM, is it safe to install this game on my Vista?? the thing i'm worried about most is malwares running in the OS's background hogging up the CPU...will installing this game do that to my computer??...even when i'm NOT playing the game??

any help is appreciated!!

thx!!!!

It's fine. I even did the de-authorization when I moved to vista. The securom hate is justified but exaggerated.

otake

I'm playing PC version and I'm finally winning online matches!

I can't believe it, I thought this day would never come. The multiplayer gets really good once you know your units. Scouting is key and, boy, have I met some elaborate counter-scouters. The tactics get crazy and you get so nervous playing this.

my id on EA's whatever service is pipe if anyone wants to play. If you'd rather contact me by steam my account is otake_tux.

otake

MMaRsu said:
How were the tutorials? I beat you badly last night :p

We should play some coop today :)

how are the controls on the 360 version?

mr stroke

otake said:
I'm playing PC version and I'm finally winning online matches!

I can't believe it, I thought this day would never come. The multiplayer gets really good once you know your units. Scouting is key and, boy, have I met some elaborate counter-scouters. The tactics get crazy and you get so nervous playing this.

my id on EA's whatever service is pipe if anyone wants to play. If you'd rather contact me by steam my account is otake_tux.

added :)
I thought gaf gave up on this game, good to see some still playing. Everyone online now is fucking ace though, really hard for me to ever win as I don't play the game every week anymore. Some really hardcore players out there that are really really good.

Proc

I got the pc version as well. I just finished the soviet campaigned and loved it alot. I kinda wish the entire game was based around them. It's going to be hard to top.

EmSeta

I'm really frustrated, I got Red Alert 3 for my unibody MacBook Pro (GeForce 9600M GT, 512 MB) to run in Vista Boot Camp. But I'm having some technical problems, and I can't find any solution online.

Unless I completely run the graphics settings into the ground (low), I get this strange slowdown and awkward mouse lag. It shouldn't be an issue, seeing how I can even run Crysis on medium to high settings on my hardware. I even went so far as to download a pirate Cider port for OS X (don't ban me!) to try it with a completely different OS and drivers - same problem!

Does anyone have any idea what it could be? Maybe the game engine simply doesn't work with the GeForce 9600M GT?

Minsc

Gold Member
Have you updated to the latest version, I believe it makes a difference. I googled your problem and someone else said that the 1.03 patch fixed their mouse lag, I assume 1.04+ would also be fine, that's the first version of the game that actually even ran on my computer at all, so definetly update if you haven't.

EmSeta

Minsc said:
Have you updated to the latest version, I believe it makes a difference. I googled your problem and someone else said that the 1.03 patch fixed their mouse lag, I assume 1.04+ would also be fine, that's the first version of the game that actually even ran on my computer at all, so definetly update if you haven't.

No I have the latest version.. still hasn't helped. Dang.

Minsc

Gold Member
Morbid Angel said:
Red Alert 3: Uprising announced

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/56657

DD only? :O

Wow, I don't know how I feel about that. I guess I'll have to see if there's a way to get it without it being tied to a service, or I'll pass.

Standalone too, hopefully doesn't mean it will put double of all the game's assets on your drive, but, what's another 5 or 10 gigs anyway?

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
MMaRsu said:
Too bad you had to go Robut, Gowans didn't stand a chance without you man :(

:p
How do you guys find it on the controller? I was just watching my other half play it and it look annoying as fuck.

She got through the tutorial, then when the actual game started quit after about 2 minutes.

MMaRsu

Banned
cjelly said:
How do you guys find it on the controller? I was just watching my other half play it and it look annoying as fuck.

She got through the tutorial, then when the actual game started quit after about 2 minutes.

Pretty easy if you've played other RTS games on 360..
You just have to get used to it, I found the demo to be a little annoying but after playing the full game I've certainly got the hang of it. I was checking out www.red3.org and it seems there are still loads of tactics which I haven't even been using.

But it's very cool, fun to play and a blast in coop. Full story coop is really cool :).
I'd say rent the game and play with me and gowans :p

Gowans

I'm finding it fine (soon I'm getting rid of the button hintt on the bottom of the screen) tho MMaRsu just kicked my arse again.

Done all the Tuts now, will have a play then up for some more tomorrow night.

suaveric

I find it funny that one of the producers say this expansion will have a lot of stuff that the fans have been asking for. There's no way they had enough time to listen to fan complaints and then turn around and make an expansion based on that input and have it released, all in under six months.

That aside, I'm looking forward to more details about the new units.

Big-E said:
Anyone having problems purchasing this off steam? Its going really slow and it can't complete it.

Yea, Steam's running a bit rubbish at the moment.

I managed to the get the demo running, and wow am I surprised it runs on this POS. Intel 965GM, and it runs fine, albeit at low settings. Might just pick it up sometime depending on how Dawn of War II does, though I don't have much hope for that (running on this, that is).

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I'm thinking about getting this for the PC on Steam. I saw that it just got released and it doesn't have any 3rd party DRM attached. I'll have to think about it at $49.99. I really enjoyed the first Red Alert back in the day, but I am sure this is developed by completely different people...

Generally the multiplayer community is bitching as this expansion will not be online enabled so the new units will be useless outside of the story, challenge and skirmish modes.

EA have already said this pack will be selling at a lower price point than other expansions, though, and have hinted that a proper multiplayer pack will follow later in the year, with the two expansions together equalling roughly the same price as one 'proper' expansion. Presumably the multiplayer version will integrate all the new uprising units into multiplayer alongside other new features.

I'm thinking about getting this for the PC on Steam. I saw that it just got released and it doesn't have any 3rd party DRM attached. I'll have to think about it at $49.99. I really enjoyed the first Red Alert back in the day, but I am sure this is developed by completely different people...

It's a mix. EA destroyed the old C&C studio Westwood, but a lot of their staff ended up moving on to EALA who now produce these games, while the rest went and founded their own studio. This is a very similar team to the one that created Red Alert 2, though.

Slavik81

I'm glad this is finally on Steam. It's now on my 'to buy list' for the next PC I purchase. Red Alert was the game that got me into PC gaming. I was amazed when I saw it.

Sadly, the store clerk convinced me to buy Tiberian Sun rather than Red Alert. (and as much as I liked the concept of Tiberian Sun, it was slooooooow.)

APZonerunner said:
It's a mix. EA destroyed the old C&C studio Westwood, but a lot of their staff ended up moving on to EALA who now produce these games, while the rest went and founded their own studio. This is a very similar team to the one that created Red Alert 2, though.
They also contracted Frank Klepacki from the Petroglyph. He was the guy who did the music for the previous C&C games. It wouldn't be Red Alert without him.

Big-E

Ok something seems to be wrong with my Steam version. It finally went through ok but after I installed it, it wouldn't run saying that I need to install a language pack in order for it to work. I go into the games properties in the My Games tab and change the language in French which causes the game to update itself. After this update it works fine and runs the game but the game is in French and I really wouldn't want to play this game that way. So, I then quit out and then change the language back to English which causes the game to update again but then it says I need to install a language pack in order to play it. WTF is wrong here?

otake

I have developed a strategy that has consistently worked form me. I only play with soviets. Scouting is key but more importantly is counter scouting. I counter scout like crazy. My strategy usually forces players to quit. It works on allies and soviets but not empire. I suspect imbalance, empire is too versatile. Very hard to defend against if you're playing soviets. I suspect the only way to beat them is to have 2 barracks and spam their base at the beginning since they take so long to build. Tips?

Anyone want to play me?

According to EA, Red Alert 3 will look and play better on PlayStation 3 than on Xbox 360.

“We had a dedicated team working on the PS3 versions of Red Alert 3 over the past months, and the additional time this team had has given them the opportunity to really polish the performance to a level we are very proud of. Another reason why the PS3 version will ship with better graphics and performance is that, in some places, we were able to use the more complex renderer from the PC version of Red Alert 3.”

SOURCE.

Also:

"The PS3 version of Red Alert 3 - dubbed the Ultimate Edition - will be out here this March for usual full-game price, and comes stuffed with plenty of extras.

There are numerous video features crammed onto the Blu-ray disc, such as a Girls of Red Alert 3 piece, plus five new multiplayer maps, an official soundtrack and profiles for all the Red Alert 3 units."

Time to update the OP with a release date?

Mrbob

Red Alert 3 Uprising expansion coming out tommorrow on PC. Don't know when this is hitting on 360 or if this content is included in the PS3 version.

I'm not picking it up right away...plowing through the RA3 campaign right now in co op.

Chris R

Ok so with the deal at best buy, I went out and got me and my brother a copy. Two things piss me off right now. We tried to do a networked lan game and NEITHER of us could see each other. Were on the same workgroup, both running vista (him home prem, me home prem 64bit) and we share files all the time with no problem, but this just wouldn't work. Second thing stems from the first, where is my lan coop :( And yes, we are both using our own unique cd key.

Might get the exp, depending on what it brings, but not until we can do lan games no problem.

edit: deal at best buy for anyone who missed it was game for 10$ (so 2 for 20$).

Expansion is superb. Short, but you can't expect it to be very long for the price. New Units are great.

If anyone wants to play with me online my username is APZR. I've clocked in something to the tune of 600 games now, about 1.4 win/loss ratio.

suaveric

I understand not having multiplayer in this expansion if the new units are all unbalanced, but why cut out the co-op too? I was looking forward to this until I read about that missing feature.

Top Bottom