• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official C&C:Red Alert 3 Thread of D list actors doing FMV

Minsc

Gold Member
Subitai said:
Anyone know if there will be a retail version of the xpac?

Last I read there was no plans for a retail version of the first expansion pack, DD only, but I wouldn't be surprised if there was a collector's version down the road when/if the 2nd expansion hits.

Subitai said:

This xpack is listed as "RA3ExpansionEp1" in the files. So... probably not. Seems likely if this is a success (which it seems it is from the way the C&C community manager is talking) we'll get a few more episodic expansions this year, including one that presumably will bring the new units into multiplayer also.

Chances are when all the 'episodes' are out, there'll be a retail version that bundles them together or something.

SappYoda

How come nobody mentioned the stupid 50 unit cap console versions of the game got?
Did C&C 3 on 360 have this too?

I mean, C&C on PS1 didn't have a unit limit...

Subitai said:
They're working on it from what I read recently. It's gonna be exclusive to EA store for a while, and in the future it's gonna be on Steam and other places. They're HOPING to have a retail release in the coming months. I'd like to see a bundle with both for a reasonable price as I have yet to pick up RA3.

Crye

SappYoda said:
How come nobody mentioned the stupid 50 unit cap console versions of the game got?

Suddenly the game freezes for 5 seconds, you know someone has just given thier army a move order ;p Fun times.
I'm guessing its just the way things are today, reviewers would not be understanding but would rather tear into the game for FPS issues etc. Gotta keep things smooth and shiny for the scores this gen...

An ye, the C&C3 on 360 did have a 50 unit cap.

Minsc

Gold Member
SappYoda said:

Building...Unit Ready...Building...Unit Ready...Building...Unit Ready...

That was half the fun. Build yourself like 10 barracks, and then your troops train almost instantly; you could amass armies of hundreds thanks to the game being 2D with no pop cap.

SappYoda

Minsc said:
Building...Unit Ready...Building...Unit Ready...Building...Unit Ready...

That was half the fun. Build yourself like 10 barracks, and then your troops train almost instantly; you could amass armies of hundreds thanks to the game being 2D with no pop cap.

The PS1 was heavily limited in terms of memory and CPU compared to the PC's at the time but Westwood still managed to get the same gameplay for both versions.

And on PC you can build an "infinite" army and its 3D...

Subitai

Anyone waiting to get this on PS3 finally going to get it?

Still getting used to the F keys for queing units, theoretically it should be faster than random letters from the name...

jey_16

Banned
SappYoda said:

WHAT? i thought this was just a demo limitation....just going to buy the PC version then even if it looks like crap on my computer

nothing beats swarming an enemy with hundreds of tanks and then nuking your own forces just before winning :lol

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
I am going to pick this up on the PS3 today. My PC isn't good enough to get even decent graphics and performance with this game.

anyone else think the artwork took a step back from the originals? The unit portraits look kind of odd, ive seen this since command and conquer 3. The unit designs/buildings look uninspired too.

dskillzhtown said:
I am going to pick this up on the PS3 today. My PC isn't good enough to get even decent graphics and performance with this game.

How is it? I'm looking to return a sealed copy of Halo Wars for it. What I've read is that Halo Wars is more of a simplified RTS and I'm not much into the Halo universe. It got good reviews but I'm thinking it's because of the name. Red Alert looks a lot more fun and the PS3 has more features, correct? How are the controls?

Zeke

so my friend brought his pc over and we did a 4 day LAN both using old PC's and running everything on low settings. Really a fun game I love playing as the Japanese. The Mecha Tengu and Sea-Wings are awesome and the Shogun battleship is seriously a beast.

TheExodu5

Banned
Bought this on Steam.

I always preferred the more realistic take on warfare that Red Alert (non Aftermath) took, but hell, the intro completely sold me on this one.

I knew nothing about this game before hand. All I know now is that George Takei + Mech Robots = win. :D

Top Bottom