• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official C&C:Red Alert 3 Thread of D list actors doing FMV

M3wThr33

Banned
otake said:
just guess the last digit.
No no no.

There's TWO key issues.

1 is missing a digit.
ANOTHER GROUP can register, but can't play online because that batch of keys isn't activated yet.

AstroLad said:
Hmm, so far so good I've just checked out the intro movie and tutorial. I set res to 1920x1200 and graphics to high 2xaa. Only odd thing I noticed was that shadows were blocky as hell even though set to high. Anyone else notice this?

That's the engine, Tiberium wars and BFMEII both had those dodgy shadows.

i am capped to 30fps, anyway to unlock?

Nope, if you notice when your framerate drops the whole game slows down with you. If it was 60fps then the game would be playing at double the speed it is now.

I think it's some sort of balancer for multiplayer.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Patch 1.2 solved the black screen but I had to reinstall. Also, I just got my first crash, BSOD. This game is buggy :(

Despite my msigivings over the lack of LAN co-op, I bought the Premier Edition of this today. Not got time to play on it tonight, but it has a lovely box.

I'd like to point out my enjoyment of the Official Red Alert 3 Website, and the videos that it has been producing. They've really gone above-and-beyond in terms of videos especially, and there is a charming sense of humour about it all. It feels very personal and brimming with enthusiasm, which is very far-removed of the EA of old. If Red Alert 3's marketing is reflective of their approach to promoting all their games, then EA's old reputation will be deservedly overwritten by a much more complementary one.

In particular, I like the President Ackerman promotional video:

http://www.ea.com/redalert/factions-allies.jsp?id=PresidentAckerman

As well as being another example of going "above and beyond" in terms of promotion, this is amusing and generous fun. "Vote for me... if you wanna live." gets me laughing every single time!

Stellar work EA!

otake

Doesn't know that "You" is used in both the singular and plural
godhandiscen said:
Patch 1.2 solved the black screen but I had to reinstall. Also, I just got my first crash, BSOD. This game is buggy :(

not for me. Been playing with no issues all night. granted; I'm not doing co-op but that's because no one needs to know how terrible I am at this game. :D

laserbeam

Banned
Kweh said:
The voice of the Allies 'EVA' sounds so familiar. Is she from Sky tv over here in the UK?

Gemma Atkinson is Eva. she is pretty popular in England for her boobage which happens to be 34E
Mama Robotnik said:
Despite my msigivings over the lack of LAN co-op, I bought the Premier Edition of this today. Not got time to play on it tonight, but it has a lovely box.

I'd like to point out my enjoyment of the Official Red Alert 3 Website, and the videos that it has been producing. They've really gone above-and-beyond in terms of videos especially, and there is a charming sense of humour about it all. It feels very personal and brimming with enthusiasm, which is very far-removed of the EA of old. If Red Alert 3's marketing is reflective of their approach to promoting all their games, then EA's old reputation will be deservedly overwritten by a much more complementary one.

In particular, I like the President Ackerman promotional video:

http://www.ea.com/redalert/factions-allies.jsp?id=PresidentAckerman

As well as being another example of going "above and beyond" in terms of promotion, this is amusing and generous fun. "Vote for me... if you wanna live." gets me laughing every single time!

Stellar work EA!

The Ackerman for President videos are really well done and funny

I love the game from what I have played so far but seriously need someone to co-op this with. I'm on the soviets campaign about the 4th or 5th missions any takers? I'm working through a first playthrough so any help appreciated :) Its hard to find someone to co-op with randomly.

Facism

Everytime i start a game in either single player or multiplayer, the game crashes to the desktop after 15 mins. Does anyone know what the issue is here?

otake

been playing solo and the game is really good. I think I'm on the last soviet mission. Some day I'll do co-op. Right now I feel too n00bish.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Freaking lame, I am just about to finish the Soviet campaign(got far last night then stopped) and now its doing the same shit again where windows thinks the game has stopped responding right before the menu screen.

Dina

Soviet Campaign, the Iceland Airbase lvl.

After
the general defects and you have to fight both the allies and the general
, which do I take out first? I hardly have credits to raise an army, being under attack through the air constantly. The airbase to the north-wast hardly got attacked, I assume the north-west is the same with my co-commander.

delirium

Dina said:

After
, which do I take out first? I hardly have credits to raise an army, being under attack through the air constantly. The airbase to the north-wast hardly got attacked, I assume the north-west is the same with my co-commander.

Make some kirovs and just attack the buildings that are required. The rest of the Soviets generals units will defect. Building some more Kirovs and Migs to attack the allies.

Shahadan

Dina said:

After

Well be a shitty scumbag and
restart the mission and as soon as the general's base appear on the map, build a war factory there and produce a few tanks and use the Force Attack to destroy what can be annoying (his tanks, tesla coils) even before you have to face him. Then destroy the two buildings in a few seconds and voila, a whole base is yours.

I truly love the soviet campaign. in RA 2 it was the best of the two, and I suspect it to be the best of the 3 here. Longer than expected, also. I'm in the middle of the Allies campaign and it isn't the same feeling :(

captive

Dina said:

After
I built up anit-air and kept using orbital drop on things I wanted to go away, along with the helicopter units. Also let the other commander(cpu) do a lot of the heavy lifting, hey he said he had my back.
:lol

Im still pissed about last night though. Just wanted to play some more and the goddamn game wont work.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I will finish it but yeah it almost feels like going back to Doom after playing, say, HL2. Not that that's all bad and clearly in a sense that's what they're going for but I almost wish they went the whole hog and almost made a Z-style game instead (speaking of games long overdue for sequels). My rig is no longer uber-powered (about 9-9.5k 3dmark06) but I also find the performance to be a tad underwhelming so I have to keep playing around with those settings. All in all I'd call it a typical 8.0 game which is pretty much in line with what I was expecting; the cheesy cutscenes were what ultimately pushed me to get it and they haven't disappointed. Hasn't crashed on me yet but we'll see.

Single player runs fine but I can't connect to the internet through the game. Tries to log in and then says it can't connect to the server. I have patch 1.3. Anyone else with this problem?

Minsc

Gold Member
You have entered an invalid code. Please check that you entered the code correctly.

fuck you EA. they should credit you atleast $20 or half the purchase for this shit. Bastards will be hearing from me if they have to.

captive

I still cant get the game to load into the menu. Im thinking that maybe it has something to do with being able to connect to the EA servers? Maybe?
It goes into the menu the comlink thing lights up and then windows closes the game.

Dina

Fed up with the online connectivity, I just disabled my computer from connecting to EA's services in system32/drivers/etc/hosts

Multiplay will come later. I'm just finished the allies campaign, moving on to the Rising Sun one.

Minsc

Gold Member
This launch sounds horrible. I finally guessed my code :lol, and now the game wants to authenticate online and become 20% worthless (after 5 installs, I get to throw it away... ugh)? Not my cup of tea, sorry. Especially since I'll be building a new PC within the year and will need to install it again making it 40% worthless. So I'll be sitting this one out for a while as the workarounds aren't working for me, but it doesn't sound like I'm missing anything that can't wait for a few more patches and fixes anyway.

I only tolerate this nonsense because of the C&C name (and I believe down the road it will be fixed one way or another). Its roots were purer once, fuck how a paying customer has to get treated these days though.

Tntnnbltn

Probably already mentioned somewhere, but I didn't see it...
Red Alert 3 PS3 back in development

EA has confirmed that the previously suspended PS3 version of Command and Conquer: Red Alert 3 is now back in development and should boast some extra features over the other Xbox 360 and PC versions of the game.

Electronic Arts had previously suspended development on the game amid claims that the PlayStation 3 was too exotic a platform to develop a Command and Conquer game for.

"When we announced Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 we announced there was a PS3 version," David Silverman told Videogamer.com.

"Then we decided to go on the record and say that we've suspended it to make sure that RA3 was able to come out to the level of quality that it must adhere to to be called a C&C game."

"We've hit that mark, we've shipped the game. And you know what that means? That means there's another version left to be had. So there's definitely people working on a PS3 version and we'll be talking more about that later."

While Silverman wouldn't go into details, he did mention that the team was looking at doing "some really cool things with the extra storage space and increased resolutions offered by Blu-ray.
- http://www.bit-tech.net/news/2008/11/05/red-alert-3-ps3-back-in-development/1

DarkJC

I'll buy this game when LAN support is patched in. You hear me EA? You have a guarantee of my dollars if we can play over a LAN, like pretty much every other RTS on the market.

captive

God now im really pissed. I wasnt before because i was able to play the game. I still cant get to the menu screen. Ive tried just about everything i can think of. I disabled my network connection thinking something was screwing up. I have it in compatibility mode, running as administrator. I have uninstalled and reinstalled. I still cant play, I havent been able to play since saturday. Fucking piece of shit, thanks a lot EA I own a worthless tin can was a coaster.

Im starting to remember why i left PC gaming in the first place, shit just doesnt always work quite right. From this, and World In Conflict error that says I dont have a valid video card at the start of the game, and not saving my video settings.

mr stroke

captive said:
God now im really pissed. I wasnt before because i was able to play the game. I still cant get to the menu screen. Ive tried just about everything i can think of. I disabled my network connection thinking something was screwing up. I have it in compatibility mode, running as administrator. I have uninstalled and reinstalled. I still cant play, I havent been able to play since saturday. Fucking piece of shit, thanks a lot EA I own a worthless tin can was a coaster.

Im starting to remember why i left PC gaming in the first place, shit just doesnt always work quite right. From this, and World In Conflict error that says I dont have a valid video card at the start of the game, and not saving my video settings.

Sounds like its something with your PC not the game if your having issues with WIC too. Is everything else playing ok?

Minsc

Gold Member
captive said:

Buy King's Bounty, it'll help ease your pain... great game. You running XP? I don't know if that's the problem this time around, could it be your video drivers, when was the last time you updated? More than likely it's just this game, I have a similar problem, I'm going to wait it out for a little while, and enjoy the dozens of other games in my backlog instead.

Sometimes if you skip a few years then come back with all the patches out you end up having an easy, trouble-free experience for cheap. It sucks, but with companies that don't seem to care, it saves a lot of hassle. The games will run maxed out and generally bug free as an added bonus too.

captive

mr stroke said:
Sounds like its something with your PC not the game if your having issues with WIC too. Is everything else playing ok?
Vista 64. System is fresh install all the drivers were the newest as of 2 weeks ago. Red Alert 3 didnt work out of the box, doing what its doing now. Then it magically worked. And now its back to not working.
Highly doubt its my PC as perusing the red alert forums there are people with the exact same problem.

And yes everything else runs fine, Wolrd In Conflict runs great aside from not saving my settings.
1701 runs fine. Counterstrike, world of goo and the crappy windows games.

Dina

It's an XP fix, at least the fix works for me and I'm on XP, but I assume the same holds true for Vista.

If not, then I'm out of ideas.

captive

Im amazed right now. First thanks Dina for the suggestion, it didnt work.
However, I got Red Alert 3 working again.

I had to uninstall and reinstall my video driver, which brings the total count up to 3 times now on this build. (previously had a build but rebuilt because of ATI driver issues). (Thanks ATI)

Used driver sweeper in safe mode.
The new driver(same one as before just redownloaded) also seemed to fix the Wolrd in Conflict issue that was occuring when i started the game, it basically said i didnt have a compatible video card to run the game.
Now i feel a little dumb for misdirecting my hate at EA instead of ATI and their crappy driver install software. :lol

Waikis

Boy oh boy ,i've been playing the game since yesterday,mostly multis though.
It's great to hear the "grinder" theme again :D .

The game has undergone some heavy facelift since the last time I played the beta and felt alot more polished. I'm using vista64+Hd4870 , no crashes so far.

If anyone's game for a match or two ,shoot me a pm :D .

Hitmeneer

laserbeam said:
Gemma Atkinson is Eva. she is pretty popular in England for her boobage which happens to be 34E

Mentioning Gemma Atkinson and not giving a link to a nice wallpaper with her on it, that's just wrong!

Not that it is hard to find good wallpapers of Gemma Atkinson, but still

so if i buy the game right now what problems am i gonna run into?

these are my specs

Q6600 2.4
2 Gigs Corsair DDR2 @ 1066
Geforce 9600 1GB SLI
EVGA 780i Mobo

I don't have an internet connection at home at the moment, do i ahve to wait to buy the game until i get a service?

mr stroke

evil solrac v3.0 said:
so if i buy the game right now what problems am i gonna run into?

these are my specs

Q6600 2.4
2 Gigs Corsair DDR2 @ 1066
Geforce 9600 1GB SLI
EVGA 780i Mobo

I don't have an internet connection at home at the moment, do i ahve to wait to buy the game until i get a service?

shouldn't have any issues.. Game has played solid for me so far. your system should play fully maxed out even at 1920x1200

mr stroke said:
shouldn't have any issues.. Game has played solid for me so far. your system should play fully maxed out even at 1920x1200

i should have clarified, will the game be buggy or not? and do i need an internet connection? and I have Vista 64

captive

evil solrac v3.0 said:
i should have clarified, will the game be buggy or not? and do i need an internet connection? and I have Vista 64
Its hard to say there could be one bad driver on your system that you may not have noticed yet in any other games. Ala my problem with the ATI video driver, worked fine in just about every other video game i played except for RA3 which depending on its mood would let me play or not let me play.

After i fixed that though its been great. Just finished the soviet campaign.

mr stroke

anyone having any luck online?
I considered my self average at C&C3 online, but I am getting smoked online :(
everyone I am playing is already at Korean RTS champion level. If you don't have a super fast build order you might as well give up.....any noobs want a game add me to your RA3 list.

Minsc

Gold Member
evil solrac v3.0 said:

The game uses DRM (securerom) with an online component which activates your serial # before playing, and reduces the # of installs you can do (before throwing the game away) by 1 (from 5) afaik, so yes, you need the internet to play even just single player. Unless you find a hack for it, which would require an internet connection anyway.

Waikis

mr stroke said:
anyone having any luck online?
I considered my self average at C&C3 online, but I am getting smoked online :(
everyone I am playing is already at Korean RTS champion level. If you don't have a super fast build order you might as well give up.....any noobs want a game add me to your RA3 list.

What's your nick?

Read www.red3.org for build orders and tips.

otake

dalin80 said:
the co-commander rubbish really ruins the SP side.

I agree. I refuse to play with someone else so I'm stuck at the last mission of the soviet campaign.

otake said:
I agree. I refuse to play with someone else so I'm stuck at the last mission of the soviet campaign.

Just don't ignore the AI co-commander. I've completed all three campaigns on hard on my own, just making use of the co-commander.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
otake said:

Why would you refuse to play with someone else? Game is fucking spectacular in coop.

Top Bottom