• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official DD (Steam/D2D/etc) gifting thread of equal global distribution

Deques

Looking at older posts, I hope this request isn't still a long shot. =)

I'm looking to pick up a game on the Russian Steam storefront as it's much, much cheaper there then it is here in the U.S.

My payment option is PayPal. However, I also read elsewhere that one can gift Team Fortress 2 keys now if PayPal doesn't work. I would pay out the equivalent in keys (that is, if you actually wanted those!).

Anyhow, please PM me if you're available to help and interested. Many thanks in advance!

Ask Dunderhassan, he might help

onken

I really want to buy Mirror's Edge from Seam (fuck Origin) but it's blocked in my region, can anyone gift me it? I don't have a Paypal account so I would have to buy you something of equal (or slightly over) value. Let me know, thanks!

Tenrius

I really want to buy Mirror's Edge from Seam (fuck Origin) but it's blocked in my region, can anyone gift me it? I don't have a Paypal account so I would have to buy you something of equal (or slightly over) value. Let me know, thanks!

Why not wait till the summer sale? The game normally gets 75% off, so I could trade it for 5 TF2 keys now (I'd be using my Steam wallet funds to buy the game and then I'd be able to sell the keys on the community market to replenish the loss), but it'd be just one key at 75% off.

EDIT: If you want it now, I'd also trade it for a $10 US PSN code (available from amazon.com).

onken

Why not wait till the summer sale? The game normally gets 75% off, so I could trade it for 5 TF2 keys now (I'd be using my Steam wallet funds to buy the game and then I'd be able to sell the keys on the community market to replenish the loss), but it'd be just one key at 75% off.

EDIT: If you want it now, I'd also trade it for a $10 US PSN code (available from amazon.com).

Gotta scratch that itch now! I'd be up for the $10 PSN card but I can only see $20 or $50 on Amazon..

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004RMK4BC/?tag=neogaf0e-20

snack

If anyone needs a hand getting stuff from the US Steam STORE, I can help out. Shoot me a pm with what you're looking for and I'll get back to you asap.

I need help with buying a cheap game (1,74€) from someone how is in EU, but not Germany or UK.

Pm me if you can help.

Edit: Done! Thanks Wok!

adaen

I need someone who is not from Germany to gift me Max Payne 3.

Will pay via paypal and cover the fees, of course.

Edit: All thanks to I H8 Memes. That was really fast.

Colin.

Looking to get the Worms Revolution 4 pack from the Russian steam store, since it is literally half the price, compared to where I live. Let me know if you can help me out!

haart

Neo Member
but looking at this awesome US-only Amazon bundle for XCOM: Enemy Unknown+DLC that I can't buy in Europe. Since it's a Steam code, would it work via gifting to an EU-based Steam account? If anyone knows that it can't be done, I'd appreciate the info. PM me if you're willing to give it a whirl otherwise!

but looking at this awesome US-only Amazon bundle for XCOM: Enemy Unknown+DLC that I can't buy in Europe. Since it's a Steam code, would it work via gifting to an EU-based Steam account? If anyone knows that it can't be done, I'd appreciate the info. PM me if you're willing to give it a whirl otherwise!

If you have a credit card, you can buy it yourself. Use a random address in the US as your billing address. Someone buying it for you and giving you the key would also work, most Steam keys are not region locked.

haart

Neo Member
If you have a credit card, you can buy it yourself. Use a random address in the US as your billing address. Someone buying it for you and giving you the key would also work, most Steam keys are not region locked.

Cheers, I wasn't sure Amazon would process the payment if the billing address didn't match. Seemed to go through just fine. Thank you for your advice.

I already tried in the Amazon sale thread, but got no reply, so here goes:
Would anyone from the US help me buy the Dragon Age Pack? I don't have a credit card and I'm really itching for a big-ass RPG.

I'd pay via PayPal.

Thanks!

ngt

Anyone from USA or Canada who could help to get me Chronicles of Riddick and Ghostbusters from Gamestop please?

Edit. Found someone, thanks.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I need some help from a US Gaffer to get me Riddick from the Gamestop digital store:

http://www.gamestop.com/pc/games/the-chronicles-of-riddick-assault-on-dark-athena/72990

I'll paypal you the 5 dollars. Since I'm from Brazil, I can't gift you money, so I'll have cover the paypal tax. That's why I can't give you like 6 bucks for it. :(

PM me or add me on Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/rain_1

You'll need to download and install Gamestop's Application (Impulse) and retrieve the key from there, though.

Edit: Apparently, each account can only buy one copy of the game. So we either need somebody to do multiple accounts or we need one user to help each one of us. We're fucked.

Managed to get one from a friend. Thanks peeps!

Obviously there appears to be quite a line of people ahead of me, but if someone could also help me get a copy of Ghostbusters I would be very grateful.

Thanks, Bii!

Bii

It doesn't look like you can buy multiple keys for games on Impulse/GameStop's App. There's an option to send it as a gift but you need the recipient's e-mail. Not sure if anyone wants to create an Impulse/Gamestop PC account so that you can then redeem the code from your e-mail.

EDIT: *Bought by Colin.* I do have one Steam key for Ghostbusters I'd be willing to sell for $5.50 US Paypal (extra $0.50 basically to cover Paypal fees). I'll open it up to the ones who have already requested in this thread, whoever PMs me first.

Bii

I might create some additional accounts to purchase Steam keys for Ghostbusters/Riddick. Not sure if that's "frowned" upon in Impulse's policy or not. Of course, I'd open it up for those who had already requested in this thread first (and the other person who had PM'd me). I'll update this post if I end up doing it.

Edit: Got 3 codes for Ghostbusters and 3 codes for Riddick. Gonna be out of the house for an hour or so (right now, it's 10:00AM PT), but will be back to send PMs.

I might create some additional accounts to purchase Steam keys for Ghostbusters/Riddick. Not sure if that's "frowned" upon in Impulse's policy or not. Of course, I'd open it up for those who had already requested in this thread first (and the other person who had PM'd me). I'll update this post if I end up doing it.

That would be exceptionally kind of you if you did. Another GAFfer might be helping me out, but if that doesn't pan out I'd be very interested in a Ghostbusters key.

Top Bottom