• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Once Upon a Time Season 2 |OT| Only True in Fairy Tales

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
He's the worst actor/character/dressed on the show.

Medalion

Banned
mad-hatter-OUAT.jpg

Ballin'

Piecake

Well, I think the only legitimately good actor on this show is Rumps. Everyone else is either okay to turdriffic

Still, i watch it because i find it entertaining, like the concept, and shit happens

KevinCow

Banned
I hope we get a whole Dr. Whale centric episode at some point, now that his secret's out. And another Mad Hatter episode. And Hook's inevitable episode should be interesting; since we've already seen his origin, they'll hopefully skip straight to the good stuff. And there's gotta be a Cora episode coming up. And Mulan and Aurora's episodes should hopefully make me give a shit about those characters.

And fewer Regina and Snow/Charming episodes. Yes, I know they're the stars of the show, BUT JESUS, WE GET IT, JACK HAD DADDY ISSUES, YOU DON'T NEED TO KEEP HAMMERING THAT IN.

Wait. Wait, no. Wrong show. But while the flashback narrative device can be pretty great, this show's starting to run into the same problems Lost had, particularly in seasons 2 and 3.

Next week should at least be an interesting change of pace, for better or worse.

Arment

If we got Frankenstein, is it too much to expect Dracula sometime in the future?

Van Helsing too.

I'd rather see more fairy tales though. Aladdin would be cool. And that Pinocchio resolution.

KevinCow

Banned
Way too many to list...and now that we know they'll venture into horror stories as well the possibilities are much more broad now.

I feel like it was inevitable that they'd venture beyond fairy tales. There are only so many things you can do with that. This seems to bother some people, but I find the prospect of broadening the pool of potential characters to basically any classic literary characters Disney and ABC have access to more interesting.

King Midas appeared last season, which opens up the possibility of all Greek mythology. I vote Kevin Sorbo reprises his role as Hercules!

Lancelot's presence implies that Merlin's probably around somewhere.

Frankenstein's horror world opens up a ton of possibilities. Dracula's the obvious one, but they'll probably hold onto him for a while. How about the Wolfman? They could even tie that into Granny and Red's curse.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
You guys are so cute when you get into "lets just get into any fictional property that ABC/Disney owns" mode.

LiQuid!

I hope The Incredibles show up. They can just reuse the cast from No Ordinary Family. Shit's gon be CASH.

Episode last night was a complete mess. I guessed the reveal about halfway through, so the rest of the episode was horribly contrived as they tried not to give away his identity.

I really don't think these things are supposed to be complete surprises because there's a certain amount of satisfaction gained from predicting them. The guy was a medical doctor and there aren't many - if any - of those in the fairy tale world so it isn't a huge leap to imagine he was who he ended up being.

I feel like it was inevitable that they'd venture beyond fairy tales. There are only so many things you can do with that. This seems to bother some people, but I find the prospect of broadening the pool of potential characters to basically any classic literary characters Disney and ABC have access to more interesting.

King Midas appeared last season, which opens up the possibility of all Greek mythology. I vote Kevin Sorbo reprises his role as Hercules!

Frankenstein's horror world opens up a ton of possibilities. Dracula's the obvious one, but they'll probably hold onto him for a while. How about the Wolfman? They could even tie that into Granny and Red's curse.
It seems somewhat unlikely that every well-known character from different worlds somehow ended up in the same land right before the curse was cast... but that seems to be what's happening.

Setsuna

star wars it is then

aett

It seems somewhat unlikely that every well-known character from different worlds somehow ended up in the same land right before the curse was cast... but that seems to be what's happening.

Well, in this last episode, Regina specifically said (in regards to her father's and Daniel's corpses being brought to Storybrooke) that she brought over exactly the people that she wanted to be brought over. I think that's the reason why Dr. Frankenstein is in our world, as well as Jefferson (who was stuck in Wonderland).

ag-my001

But not all of them are from different worlds. Based on what we've seen, most of the normal fairy tales, plus the Round Table, Hook, and Midas all existed in the same world. Basically, the Enchanted Forest seems incorporate all your typical sword and sorcery characters. The 'other worlds' that we see thanks to Jefferson all work on different rules of magic/hierarchy, namely Frankenstein, Oz, and Wonderland. The only character from outside of the EF that wound up in Storybrooke seems to be Whale/Frank, so I'm sure they'll be a flashback later this season explaining how he came back there, possibly coinciding with how/why Jefferson gave up his traveling habits.

Well, in this last episode, Regina specifically said (in regards to her father's and Daniel's corpses being brought to Storybrooke) that she brought over exactly the people that she wanted to be brought over. I think that's the reason why Dr. Frankenstein is in our world, as well as Jefferson (who was stuck in Wonderland).

Yeah, Regina only specifically brought over the people she wanted to torture/disliked. I'm not sure why she brought Jefferson since she'd already trapped him in Wonderland...maybe to keep him from being able to make a portal to find Storybrooke? Hrm. Anyway, I doubt everybody from every story is going to turn up in Storybrooke, we'll probably just get hints of the other worlds. Like I honestly don't expect to see anyone other than Whale from the "horror movie" world.

EulaCapra

Just caught up. Was not expecting the Dr. Whale counterpart... at all. With the lightning and the opening intro, I thought he would be some minor mystic of the un-dead. I know we have Riding Hood as a wolf, but I never thought they would open the floodgates more for the horror genre. :barf: Please no Dracula.

And with all of this Regina-centricity right now, I have a sad feeling that she'll die by the end of the season since it looks like the show is amassing a legion of villains, setting up Regina's mother Cora for something bigger, and Captain Hook being upgraded to a series regular that with so many villains some will have to go or Regina gets to die with redemption.

Medalion

Banned
They've done more than just opened up a way to the "Horror" world... the whole idea of other "worlds"... they can practically open up any parallel dimension they want... there's no stoppin em

Vampires? Will be the least of your worries.

Bladenic

I've been meaning to watch this show but haven't yet. If I like Buffy, Angel, and Supernatural, is it a safe bet ill like this?

Love Jennifer Morrison too, best thing about House (hated Zoe though but that wasn't her fault).

Medalion

Banned
I've been meaning to watch this show but haven't yet. If I like Buffy, Angel, and Supernatural, is it a safe bet ill like this?

Love Jennifer Morrison too, best thing about House (hated Zoe though but that wasn't her fault).

I love 3 of the things you've mentioned, and I do enjoy the show cuz I am lacking a good fantasy/sci-fi show as of late

It has its very cheesy moments and bad acting, not unlike aforementioned shows

I feel most people would agree that Jennifer's character, is one of the weakest parts of the show unfortunately

It'd be interesting if "the real world" - by that I mean the non-magical one - is a hub for all others and that events from the different worlds propagate in the minds of the inhabitants.

I like that idea.

arumisan

I love 3 of the things you've mentioned, and I do enjoy the show cuz I am lacking a good fantasy/sci-fi show as of late

It has its very cheesy moments and bad acting, not unlike aforementioned shows

I feel most people would agree that Jennifer's character, is one of the weakest parts of the show unfortunately

I agree, but I think I attribute it to more of the writing than her acting,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom