• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Once Upon a Time Season 2 |OT| Only True in Fairy Tales

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't really get how Pinocchio sent the post card, we saw him in the first episode and he was still wood. Unless it was some flash forward type thing I guess...

I have no clue what Sleeping Beauty and Henry's dream could be. Seems like next week is sort of a filler episode, hope it's not though.

Medalion

Banned
Pretty solid episode

I even enjoyed Emma (who was acting better than usual, in the flashbacks and looked fabulous) and what little of Henry

Good acting

But some really shitty f/x for the Giant's castle, but the guest appearance made me laugh out loud

The foreshadowing common dream between Aurora and Henry, about the Red room with no windows or doors, flames is intruiging

August/Pinocchio was also very good too, for the first time I felt he was way more interesting here than his previous appearances

Show continues to be the kind of fantasy show I am looking for lately

August/Pinocchio was also very good too, for the first time I felt he was way more interesting here than his previous appearances

I'm interested in seeing more of him. He seems odd. Shows up as a manipulator then he appears desperate to Emma and needing her to break the curse then when it gets broken he immediately runs. Now we see him with a mystery box and cool and collected, but he mentions the worlds temptations getting the best of him and him taking the money meant for Emma.

I want to know more about Pinocchio.

Medalion

Banned
Gotta love that plot device of... hey let me show you something that will make you believe and require no exposition and you will do what I say

Magic, gotta love it.

Favorite part of the episode was Aurora's dream, finally some more story for her. (Though, why did the other person have to be Henry... :/)

Now please give Mulan something to do.

Hurray for a Red episode next week. :)

Medalion

Banned
Are you guys reading spoilers or something?

Yeah Mulan is getting on my last nerve lately. But not like I liked the animated version anyways

Medalion

Banned
I don't have an asian fetish like the rest of GAF does, sorry

Something I forgot to mention that I really enjoyed from last night's ep

They showed the real Vancouver, Canada which is close to where the show actually shoots from

I don't have an asian fetish like the rest of GAF does, sorry

Something I forgot to mention that I really enjoyed from last night's ep

They showed the real Vancouver, Canada which is close to where the show actually shoots from

That isn't why I like Mulan.
She is the only 'princess' worth anything has a great art style, music & songs.

Any theories on what the Red dream is leading to? I don't have any but I'm really curious about it.

Not a clue. Thought it would have something to do with Cora because of all the red and the theory that she's the queen of hearts, but I don't really know why or how that would be true. I'm more curious why it would be the girl and Henry that are linked and in the room together.

ag-my001

Not a clue. Thought it would have something to do with Cora because of all the red and the theory that she's the queen of hearts, but I don't really know why or how that would be true. I'm more curious why it would be the girl and Henry that are linked and in the room together.

Both Aurora and Henry were recent victims of a sleeping spell.

ag-my001

Sleeping Beauty.

Actress was Princess Mary on The Tudors.

Could be, but do we know Aurora was recent? Thought they mentioned something about being stuck or something until recently(when the curse broke)? Could be wrong on that though.

Maybe not a recent victim, but based on the show timeline she woke up the same day as Henry.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Any theories on what the Red dream is leading to? I don't have any but I'm really curious about it.

I've seen theories somewhere that it's talking about the inside of Jefferson's hat, where all the doors are, because that's red and has curtains. Although they mentioned no doors there in the dream so if it is that then I guess all the portals to other worlds are cut off or something? Who knows.

I really like this, but I do wish they would put some more effort / money into the cg. it was terrible this episode, enough to put me off watching at certain points.

oh and emma with glasses and hair tied back = very hot.

Medalion

Banned
I really like this, but I do wish they would put some more effort / money into the cg. it was terrible this episode, enough to put me off watching at certain points.

oh and emma with glasses and hair tied back = very hot.
image.php

Actually, the first time CG threw me off was in The Crocodile, when Hook and Rumpelstiltskin had their swordfight. The background was clearly CG and green-screened and just really took me out of the entire sequence. I don't know why that particular alley had to be green-screened so terribly when the boat and the pub were done just fine. There didn't seem to be anything special about needing CG there, so...???

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Complaining about bad CG is silly. Like throwing more budget at this show would make it good. If anything the bad CG makes this watchable. Had fun laughing at Giant Hurley (dude's a real bad actor) and "young" Emma this week. If I didn't like this show ironically this might have been the episode to make me stop watching though.

I absolutely loved tonight's episode. The wolf was so cute! :p
I really wanted David/Red/Wolf to kill Mr. Widmore George/Spencer.

Also It was really cool seeing Henry's & Aurora's "dream". I wonder how that "in between" world will come to play in the future. I did miss Emma and Mary margaret. I read we have weeks break now, right?

:(

I absolutely loved tonight's episode. The wolf was so cute! :p
I really wanted David/Red/Wolf to kill Mr. Widmore George/Spencer.

Also It was really cool seeing Henry's & Aurora's "dream". I wonder how that "in between" world will come to play in the future. I did miss Emma and Mary margaret. I read we have weeks break now, right?

:(

I'm really rooting for the show that flips the norm and when the good guy is standing over the bad guy and the bad guy says something like "you won't kill me" or "you should have killed me when you had the chance" or "you're too good a man to kill me" the good guy just shoots him in the face anyway. I'm a little sad it didn't happen this time, but oh well.

The dream sequence of Aurora and Henry was really cool.

My biggest problem of the episode was how contrived the Red killing her mother scene was. The other wolves just disappear, the mom doesn't wait until the full moon to change, Snow is tied up and then magically untied so she can throw the hood over Red. That seriously needed to be written/filmed better than it was.

Just watched the Dr. Frankenstein episode.

I love how the lore of this show gets richer and richer every episode.

And it's put together unconventionally that you're made to think and connect the individual stories together.

Thought this was a pretty shitty episode. Red and her mother’s acting was just cheesy and bad, and the back story for it just seemed unnecessary. Snow is tied up and the wolves need the full moon to change, but suddenly they change on the fly and then suddenly snow isn't tied up and free to throw the hood on Red. Only decent part was the end and the dream. I was wondering though, will they really do nothing with the King? I can't see him sitting in the jail cell all season, but letting him run around town after he just killed a guy is kind of dumb.

He not only killed a guy, he cut him in half. That is straight up psychopath behaviour.

"He was a mouse." Damn dude chopped up GusGus!

General preview spoilers.
I'm pretty sure on an earlier preview we saw King talking to Rumple, so I really wonder what the reasoning for letting him go would be.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I'm legitimately shocked at how this show can surprise me every week with worse and worse acting.

LiQuid!

To be fair you can lay most of the blame on the atrocious writing. Who can say shit like "May you always run free under the pale moon light," with a straight face? Who, I ask? I sure as shit couldn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom