• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ori and the Blind Forest |OT| A Soft Heart for the Hard Core

Deviousx

Download finished about an hour ago but I was so overwhelmed with school work that it looks like I won't get to play it tonight. I could get some playtime in before bed, but I'd rather not force myself to play this experience while I'm tired as shit.

Looks like tomorrow is going to be a LONG day. lol

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
all games usually goes up the day before around 8pmETA, you won't see anything until tomorrow. It happens with all their games, GWG, SALES, New games, ect. if nothing tomorrow evening, then complain.

edit: they put up the game before advertisement; this has been going on for awhile.
Nah, I'm complaining now because that's shit. Promote your game, even if *gasp* one day early. Come the fuck on.

Nope. You need to get to the top of the tree. There's a door that requires four of those stone tablets or whatever they are to open it.... just in case you haven't done that. When you reach the top of the tree you have to 'cleanse' the heart. Go left and clear that section to reach the left-side thing you need to shoot to cleanse it. Then go right and clear that side (which requires some tricky redirecting of a cannon shot through 4 or 5 of those redirecting things) to reach the thing you shoot to cleanse that. Once you cleanse the tree get ready for a crazy awesome escape sequence. Use your 'bash' ability (Y button on xbox) to redirect the shots by bashing the opposite direction you want them to go. To bash using an enemy or projectile you need to be close to it in mid air.

Thanks. Don't even think I can bash yet, sounds like I need to drop down to the redirecting things.

Dominator

This game is INCREDIBLE! Stunned at how beautiful it is. I stayed quite ignorant on what this game actually was so I could go in fresh, and damn I love it.

I think I've screwed myself. I fell into the map and accidentally created a save point. Every time I reload I'm stuck inside the map.

Also right before I kept falling through the world into a another level and right into a poison lake.

Damn, I hate buggy games... especially when the actual game is so good.

I think I've screwed myself. I fell into the map and accidentally created a save point. Every time I reload I'm stuck inside the map.

Also right before I kept falling through the world into a another level and right into a poison lake.

Damn, I hate buggy games... especially when the actual game is so good.

Ugh... I just lost 40 minutes of progress, basically since start of the game, I'll try upload a clip of where I'm stuck.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=897EA88A850BF664!257&authkey=!AGfL1D5MUPR-br0&ithint=video,mp4

IbukiLordSA

Got it this morning, what a steal at the price we get it at, in South Africa the game is R169, at the current exchange rate for $19.99 the game should be R247 so at that price everyone in SA with an X1 should be getting this game, what a steal.

Ramirez

Played for an hour & a half, got up to the first "dungeon", game is great. I've died like 40 times already, so I think it's safe to say the "no deaths" achievement isn't happening. >.>

Five

Banned
The bad reviews are just letting their genre preferences influence their thinking. Just kidding... in all seriousness reviews are very much an opinion, not objective really, so there's always going to be a few that buck the trend whether it's positive or negative. The game is stellar.

Yeah. People are certainly within their right to express a negative opinion, but the people who have that opinion of this game should be few and far between!

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
The presentation in this game is off the charts. Best looking 2D game I've seen.

And this music. goddamn.

Ugh... I just lost 40 minutes of progress, basically since start of the game, I'll try upload a clip of where I'm stuck.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=897EA88A850BF664!257&authkey=!AGfL1D5MUPR-br0&ithint=video,mp4

Crazy man. It must be a weird bug because I was going all over checking all the nooks and crannies and didn't fall into the map once.

Yeah. People are certainly within their right to express a negative opinion, but the people who have that opinion of this game should be few and far between!

Lol yeah, I'm sure negatives or even luke warms will be few and far between.

Copped. Installing now.

You won't regret it. Unless you just really hate platformers and/or metroidvanias.

Kalliban

Neo Member
Oh man it's gonna be a loooooong day at work. Bought and installed this morning, can't play for another 9 hours or so :(

Sigh, so my download stopped for some reason last night.

Got to 48% and it's just stuck there. Had to delete the download and and start again. It's blazing now though, already up to 72% in the past 45mins.

Should hopefully be done before I head off in 30 mins.

Hi,

What's the title of the launch trailer's soundtrack please? (I'll buy this track only, not the entire album)

The album is like 30+ tracks for $9. Buying that one track for $1.30 isn't nearly as good.... but if you insist...

I don't think it's just one track as I've listened to them all. It seems like the trailer music is an amalgamation of several, namely The spirit Tree and Restoring the Light/Facing the Dark.

It seems like it's *mostly* from Restoring the Light/Facing the Dark... maybe it's just a different mix of it.

But there are several great tracks on it, well worth $9.

There's been reports of bugs and crashes for this game right?

Apparently. I'm on XB1 and was playing, streaming to twitch, and in party chat all at once while playing it and didn't experience any glitches at all. Perhaps this is another instance of folks using instant-on having trouble?

Has PC experienced any issues other than the V-sync one?

You have got to be kidding me, MS. Ori is nowhere to be found on any of the XB1's main storefront pages. The only way I could spot it is by searching for it. The first time I tried searching, I typed 'Ori' and it autofilled the rest of the name and then proceeded to tell me it couldn't be found.

If it's anything like the situation with the German store...you have to search for "blind". "Ori" or "Ori and the Blind Forest" won't work.

Kyuur

What a fantastic ride. Easily one of the best games in the genre I've played. Beat with somewhere between 90-100% in 6:38. Time for sleep, might post more detailed impressions tomorrow.

Head.spawn

Played about three hours.... still on the first map.

107133-Jordan-Belfort-dancing-gif-Img-r8O2.gif

1000g/1000g looks like a pipe dream. I can't even comprehend how someone could do a 0 death run on this.

Amazing game though, anyone on the fence; be swayed. I'll definitely be double dipping at some point to try some 4k/144fps magic in the near future.

They're done processing on youtube, so if you're stuck at work and don't care about spoilers and want more Ori, these two vids are raw footage for 2hrs 45min or so. I died so many times in places do to being careless, lol.

Spoilers in the videos obviously.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awqBEbTq6r0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAQfbqFYmqc

I'm going to say this every time I post. Moon Studios you've outdone yourselves. This game deserves more marketing, more hype, and would well be worth a higher price tag than $20. It's a steal and a dream.

Played about three hours.... still on the first map.

107133-Jordan-Belfort-dancing-gif-Img-r8O2.gif

1000g/1000g looks like a pipe dream. I can't even comprehend how someone could do a 0 death run on this.

Amazing game though, anyone on the fence; be swayed. I'll definitely be double dipping at some point to try some 4k/144fps magic in the near future.

Lots of folks will. It looks way more daunting on first go than it will be with practice. I plan on getting No Deaths within a week or two.

I just bought it, I can't play it until tonight though.
The price conversion isn't good imo, it is $20 so it should be £15, £16 is bs imo.
That isn't the developers fault, but it still annoyed me a little.

This game is PHENOMENAL.

Every single bit of it oozes style and heart. I'm in love!

And man, that intro....dem feeeeels....

Moon Studio, you should be absolutely proud of what you've accomplished here, it's truly wonderful.

So glad I've got two days off...more Ori time. :)

Game is amazing, just finished the first world event at 3 hrs and around 45% completion and damn was it freaking awesome. That music and that sense of urgency in that event made it feel so dang epic. I haven't played a game that has been this good this year, at the moment it is my GOTY and I don't see how it won't be in my top 5 by years end. Kudos to the developers, really great game.

This game is PHENOMENAL.

Every single bit of it oozes style and heart. I'm in love!

And man, that intro....dem feeeeels....

Moon Studio, you should be absolutely proud of what you've accomplished here, it's truly wonderful.

So glad I've got two days off...more Ori time. :)

Lol I said the same thing when I reviewed it on TA. "I'm in love."

Game is amazing. I mean damn man it's just so good!!

Top Bottom