• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ori and the Blind Forest |OT| A Soft Heart for the Hard Core

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
What is this 'content not available' stuff?

Never mind it finally allowed me to buy it
Microsoft store just being weird

Dunno, I bought it from the store on the laptop but when I go to download it on XBO it shows that message and I cant download. ):

edit: nvm it just let me.

RK9039

PC port is good so far, 60fps and can go beyond 1920x1080.

Here's the options:

ori2015-03-1100-51-20gepmr.jpg

Corpekata

Banned
Not sure if I'm liking the motion blur, seems a little heavy at times, might disable. PC version supports arbitrary framerates and resolutions for those curious as well (I'm at 1440p / 144hz).

Tapiozona

Banned
Update: It finally showed up in my Smart Glass app search and I was able to preorder and install. I wasnt able to buy it from xbox.com though. The link to "Buy this game" was broken.

2%..ugh..This is going to take forever to download and install.

Wow this game is gorgeous. I love being rewarded for exploring as well, just found the Wall Jump ability by following the opposite path to the one I was told to take.

That's because it's impossible to take the path when it tells you to. Wall jump is required.

Ah, I didn't know that. It's still nice that I was allowed to just go the other way though without the game pushing me to show me "Look! You can't go this way! I wonder if you need to find something...".

Game's okay so far. Unfortunately my computer doesn't run it perfectly so I do get some framerate hiccups here and there. Oh well.

Not loving the way Ori controls, though. He's a bit stiff. And as pretty as the game is, I feel like the visuals can make the game hard to read. And I'm still not sold on the save system.

So if I buy a code from amazon I can download right now?
No, you can buy a code from amazon but you won't get it until midnight pacific time (6 hours from now). Better to just buy a $20 or $25 xbox gift code from amazon and then buy the game from your xbox. Buying on xbox allows you to download and play right now.

Buburibon

Need PC impressions ASAP

It looks and sounds amazing, but the frame rate isn't perfectly smooth in my experience so far. It briefly stutters and drops to about ~55fps at times as the screen scrolls left, right, up and down. I figure it's no big deal, but it'd be nice if it were as smooth as Rayman Origins, Legends or Child of Light. Forcing vsync via control panel instead of in-game doesn't seem to improve the symptoms unfortunately.

16GB
GTX 980
Crucial MX100 SSD
Win 8.1 64-bit

Elixist

It looks and sounds amazing, but the frame rate isn't perfectly smooth in my experience so far. It briefly stutters and drops to about ~55fps at times as the screen scrolls left, right, up and down. I figure it's no big deal, but it'd be nice if it were as smooth as Rayman Origins, Legends or Child of Light. Forcing vsync via control panel instead of in-game doesn't seem to improve the symptoms unfortunately.

16GB
GTX 980
Crucial MX100 SSD
Win 8.1 64-bit

maybe turn off vsync completely? sounds liek your system is throttling down because you should be getting like 300 fps lol

~Kinggi~

Banned
maybe turn off vsync completely? sounds liek your system is throttling down because you should be getting like 300 fps lol

Yeah it could bve vsync or could just be optimization of the game where no matter what hardware you have it has moments where it hitches. Havent tried it myself but wouldnt be surprised if i had the same performance with my 4770 and gtx 770

Coconut

Banned
Da bone man

Yeah that's what I'm thinkin' just to give it an excuse to be on if anything.

16GB
GTX 980
Crucial MX100 SSD
Win 8.1 64-bit

try forcing Vsync through the nVidia Control panel.

Top Bottom