• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ori and the Blind Forest |OT| A Soft Heart for the Hard Core

Dezzy

Ori is the first game I've payed full price for on Steam in a long time. The game is just beautiful looking at 2560x1440, as I figured it would be. One really nice surprise is just how great the music is. I can tell already that this game is going to be quite an experience.

Bluth54

I've played the Steam version for about an hour and a half, amazing gaming with beautiful graphics. Loving it so far.

m23

IGN video review mentioned something about manually saving...does this have save anywhere?

Seems like it, it's obviously limited though in terms of how often.

Loving the game so far, played about an hour or so. Art is beautiful and the music is outstanding.

Apparently most of the team that made this game never met each other before. Everyone worked from home? Wat

It also took about 4-5 years IIRC. Still, pretty dang impressive when you consider that they didn't have the pleasure of sitting right next to each other and having that "office" interaction

Lain

I quit the game because the screenshot button on Steam wasn't working. As I restarted the game it unlocked 2 achievements that I couldn't have achieved yet (Power Player and another about making 50 soul link while I only made 1 so far). So weird.

~Kinggi~

Banned
It also took about 4-5 years IIRC. Still, pretty dang impressive when you consider that they didn't have the pleasure of sitting right next to each other and having that "office" interaction

I mean Dust was basically made by one guy and that is probably standing next to this one as one of the most beautiful 2d games. Something to be said for games made by people passionate about them.

As per everyone else, loving this game. Having played the prologue and now some of the start I do hope we get a section like the start again as it was beautifully pieced together. The art and music are some of the best I have witnessed in a game of this type as well.

Can't wait to play more!

Kyuur

Holy crap the Ginso Tree
water escape sequence followed by that encounter.
. Q_Q My heart was pounding.

Bought it, got to play it for around two hours, two hours later I'm still ...

post-28522-the-mask-jaw-drop-gif-Imgur-Ji-KyDG.gif

Absolutely fantastic game so far

What do you guys think about the motion blur option, keep it on or turn it off? I'm playing it on the xbone and the framerate does stutter occasionally, I wonder if this will be patched later on. Also the game is amazing, I am absolutely addicted.

Ascenion

That fucking prologue....goddamn it. This game, this game is just...there aren't words for what this game is. The English language lacks a word good enough to describe how amazing this game is.

I'm a bit teary eyed now finally reading your impressions - thank you guys so much for your support
Man I don't even like side scrollers. Like at all. But I'm loving this. Went in because of the graphics, stayed for everything else. Bravo man. And btw the soundtrack is beyond amazing.

Guys, I'm a 360 turned PS4 owner who is dying to buy an Xbox and Ori's making it hard for me to resist the urge.

What are your thoughts on the following:
1) wait for a X1 slim, hopefully released at E3, and pick up Ori, MCC, FH2 and wait for F6, or
2) buy it now

Ideally, the X1 slim would fit in my ET unit as the current X1 is just way too big, hence my delay on the purchase side of things.
If you can manage to wait at least until e3 in June then I would wait and see what is shown there just in case. I feel like this latest MCC bundle being just a regular black xbox one with a download code is a push by microsoft to get rid of old hardware.

What do you do at the bit where you're
following after the creature that stole the Water item and the the monsters that are like slugs that go into the ground first appear? Everywhere seems to be blocked off and I don't know where to go

If you can manage to wait at least until e3 in June then I would wait and see what is shown there just in case. I feel like this latest MCC bundle being just a regular black xbox one with a download code is a push by microsoft to get rid of old hardware.

In the UK they just slashed prices on a ton of console bundles (COD, SO, AC) to get ready for the Halo bundle so I don't think they're planning anything else just yet.

About an hour or so in, the game is incredible. It's pretty much everything I wanted it to be and more. It's absolutely stunning to look at which makes exploring every side path and hidden area even more enjoyable. The platforming and controls feel great. Just so damn impressed with what I've played so far and I feel like it's only going to keep getting better.

Rocketz

What do you do at the bit where you're
following after the creature that stole the Water item and the the monsters that are like slugs that go into the ground first appear? Everywhere seems to be blocked off and I don't know where to go

use what they are shooting at you to destroy items with a purple glow under them. One is a rock, next is some wood, then the wall. This will uncover another slug that you allow you to bait to destroy the next piece.

damn you time warner cable for never providing the internet speed that I pay for!

You have Time Warner too? I have a clocked 200 download speed but with the wireless connection its absolutely HORRIBLE..today was downloading the free PS4 games and it took FOUR HOURS To download them all..download speed was 2.2 mbps it was pathetic
Just purchased this game cant wait to play it tomorrow!!
Is it better to play a game like this on the internal drive or external or does it not matter

RyudBoy

I was 20mins into the game and said to myself "this game isn't hard at all". Then I died like 7 times in a row. :)

Game is really awesome but I had to stop bcuz my XB1 is making some weird noise.

What interests me is that people are saying it's hard and that it is a metroidvania? If it really is, I am buying it right away on Steam.

Top Bottom