• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Oscar Nominations 2016 |OT| 5:30am PT Thur Jan 14

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nobility

Banned
Glad to see Mad Mad get Oscar recognition.

Winning on the other hand...

Slightly surprised at no Star Wars for best picture.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
Spotlight is winning Best Picture whether anyone likes it or not, so I'm happy with Mad Max getting the nom.

Mad Max with all these noms (esp. Editing/Sound Editing) give me hope that it might actually win one, but with Star Wars competing for most of those slots I have to keep my expectations in check.

If TFA wins Editing, I don't even know what the hell. Worst edited of all seven, easily.

generic_username

I switched to an alt account to ditch my embarrassing tag so I could be an embarrassing Naughty Dog fanboy in peace. Ask me anything!
Mad Max with all these noms (esp. Editing/Sound Editing) give me hope that it might actually win one, but with Star Wars competing for most of those slots I have to keep my expectations in check.

Star Wars winning anything over Mad Max would be unfortunate.

kingkitty

I still can't wrap my head around Adam Mckay getting a director's nom...

but Mad Max got like what, 10 or 11 nominations. woo

Beasts of No Nation got completely snubbed. Idris Elba got nothing.

DieH@rd

Banned
How many nomination has Mad Max got? Looks to be a freaking lot.

Also, I really like that Drew Goddard is now academy nominated script writer. :) He earned it.

As for score, [for now] I hope Siccario gets it [I did not see everything yet].

pixelish

mad max was a shoe in for a best picture nomination

what i'm more suprised about is inside out and carol not getting BP nominations while room sneaked in (along with best director!!)

Ahiru77

CRANSTONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ACADEMY LEGIT!!!! ACADEMY LEGIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jNtfKD7.gif

0c5AHRQ.gif

Bryan is complete. He ran the gaunlet.....Emmy, Tony and Oscar!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Peru

Always pissed to not see animated highs of the year in best pic category but it's the result of having an animated category I guess. Good to see Inside Out nod for screenplay, though.

pringles

When they started saying "Charl.." in the Best Actress I got my hopes up for a Theron nomination, which would have been amazing.

Good stuff for Mad Max being nominated in so many categories though. It deserves to sweep technical awards and I hope Miller gets one too.

thenexus6

I hope its not the case of Mad Max getting a lot of nominations but taking next to nothing home.

I am pretty excited to see the awards this year.

Josh5890

I still can't wrap my head around Adam Mckay getting a director's nom...

but Mad Max got like what, 10 or 11 nominations. woo

Beasts of No Nation got completely snubbed. Idris Elba got nothing.

Some said that the academy might not be so kind to that film because it was released on Netflix.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Hmm, kind of a weak year. No real standouts, some good movies and some very good. But none really great.

Stallone and Fassbender, don't care about the rest. I'd also be okay with Hardy winning.

Farsi

Great year for noms. Aslong as Redmayne doesn't win I'll be happy as can be.

That fucking schemer Redmayne doesn't deserve to be in that loaded category.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Spotlight is winning Best Picture whether anyone likes it or not, so I'm happy with Mad Max getting the nom.

If TFA wins Editing, I don't even know what the hell. Worst edited of all seven, easily.

Yep. My money is on Spotlight getting Best Picture, followed by Room. I think Spotlight might sweep a bit.

I think Mad Max will win for editing and Directing. The Force Awakens even getting nominated for editing is surprising to me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom