• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

|OT| Hillary Clinton testifies before the House Select Committee on Benghazi

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhandino

Banned
"I'm sorry it doesn't fit your narrative, Congressman, I can only tell you the facts."
a82cZMs.gif

This thing is a mess.

Wonder if Hillary will dig this up again when she's President and sick an investigation Committee on these morons. God only knows how much tax payer money this costed and it's all boiled down to being a political attack and nothing more.

Can anyone give a cliff note version of the event itself + why GOP is mad at Clinton?

The event was a terrorist attack on our embassy in Benghazi. The radical right is claiming Hillary (and Obama) knew about it ahead of time and did nothing to stop it. And the GOP is pissed at her because she's gonna be the next president and she's not a republican.

Did we even get one investigation committee for 9/11? It's been known that Bush and his administration were repeatedly warned about an upcoming terrorist attack, well over thirty times. However they instead wanted to focus on starting a war with AL Queda than focus on Bin Laden.

Meowster

Can anyone give a cliff note version of the event itself + why GOP is mad at Clinton?
There isn't any real reason. This committee was a scam by the Republican party to trash Hillary Clinton since she is going to be the next President. It's a huge joke and America is laughing at the Republicans throughout the entire ordeal.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
This is the largest waste of taxpayer money since they tried to do the same thing to her husband over blowjobs.

And because they caught him lying they almost manage to remove him from office.

It doesn't matter if they find her guilty of anything or not, but if they can catch her lying or withholding information during testimony they have ammunition to use going ahead.

Arkeband

Banned

GOP are possessed children wearing adult skin.

Clinton MUST BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE for Benghazi because it could have technically been avoided, maybe. Kind of like 9/11, but nevermind that.

They're mad at Clinton because she's most likely going to be the next president and they're desperate to change that.

obin_gam

The event was a terrorist attack on our embassy in Benghazi. The radical right is claiming Hillary (and Obama) knew about it ahead of time and did nothing to stop it. And the GOP is pissed at her because she's gonna be the next president and she's not a republican.

Thanks, the entire thing is so boring and hollow it's difficult to get interest in actually reading about it :p

There isn't any real reason. This committee was a scam by the Republican party to trash Hillary Clinton since she is going to be the next President. It's a huge joke and America is laughing at the Republicans throughout the entire ordeal.
I wish it was this easy but I suspect most are misinformed and unless they pulled some really damning evidence or statement from Hillary that gets her in trouble, this won't change people's opinions of her.

Sadly there are quite a few people on Twitter eating this stuff up.

I wish it was this easy but I suspect most are misinformed and unless they pulled some really damning evidence or statement from Hillary that gets her in trouble, this won't change people's opinions of her.

Fox News viewers are going to get the soundbites and highlights and are going to love seeing angry Republicans yelling at Hillary Clinton and will assume everything she says is a bald faced lie.

The narrative is a confirmation biased illusion that feeds into itself.

Armaros

Did we even get one investigation committee for 9/11? It's been known that Bush and his administration were repeatedly warned about an upcoming terrorist attack, well over thirty times. However they instead wanted to focus on starting a war with AL Queda than focus on Bin Laden.

All of the special action commitiees throughout history were over by now, even Watergate and especially the 9/11 ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom