• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

|OT| Hillary Clinton testifies before the House Select Committee on Benghazi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hex

Banned
When I went to see Crimson Peak, there was a trailer for a big action movie about Benghazi.
At that point I just shook my head and never wanted to hear about it again.

Aurongel

Shameful mother.
It's easier to rationalize and deal with grief when you have something to point a finger at. It helps make the chaos of life and death easier to understand. Not saying her politicization of her son's death is right but people do this every day.

Arkeband

Banned
Because Cummings got upset and it ended up being and Gowdy at the end. Hillary sat there and probably just wanted to take a break and go take a piss

It worked well for Hillary, the drama took focus away from her when she needed it

Wow nice job avoiding what we were actually asking you to explain:

He got upset because Gowdy got her at the end

Maybe you missed the memo but this committee already had its cover blown weeks ago by McCarthy when he admitted it was only put together to discredit Hillary's poll numbers.

Would be great if he didn't expose himself by calling it the Franco-American Libya War. Considering that the military intervention in Libya was a multi-nation effort with the US actually taking a rather small part, it's not even an effort on the US's part to "destroy foreign governments".

It's easy to sit and preen about how you know better about foreign policy on Twitter. Mr. Jacob there probably couldn't convince Bibi of squat to do about Israel or Palestine.

It's also rather lazy of him to talk about how someone else couldn't find sensible policy in the emails. Why don't he go and read them himself to find out exactly what the job entails?

Glad you pointed this out. Some people love to find ways to make the US look worse than it already is. Shit doesn't help anyone.

I'm glad to see Clinton has kept her cool so far. Really contrasts with Cummings/Gowdy.

You say this like it was wrong for Cummings to get mad over Gowdy's, and the rest of of the Republicans, bulshit they have been puking for hours now. Who can sit there and not get mad over the time, resources, and money wasted on this shit?

GnawtyDog

Banned
I'm glad to see Clinton has kept her cool so far. Really contrasts with Cummings/Gowdy.

Cummings just an agitator. Definitely needed...got Gowdy pissed and it's throwing him off his game.

Dems plan is to sabotage this and make it look as partisan as it's for the press and viewers. It's pretty damn partisan but you wouldn't known if the other side of the coin is not presented.

"Above the fray" is overrated. Otherwise there wouldn't be a Special Committee on Benghazi.

HylianTom

Banned
I must say.. Gowdy is reminding me more and more of Ed Grimley..
tumblr_njua0mljTR1rodz1bo1_500.jpg

She's already told everyone she didn't personally handle security logistics for embassies, so this committee is completely pointless and irrelevant.

They're trying to make it sound like she was ignoring a call for more security, but the simple fact is that she was not the person to have been called for that in the first place.

And if Ambassador Stevens was continually asking the wrong people for help, then it's HIS fault. Furthermore, why are they not looking at HIS Emails? Is it because there actually WAS NO call for more security? That this was all contrived by the GoP?

What a joke.

Glad you pointed this out. Some people love to find ways to make the US look worse than it already is. Shit doesn't help anyone.

Oh please, it's not like she didn't do the exact same thing the Bush Administration did and pushed false information to justify military action and aid that absolutely devastated Libya and through it into chaos. That dude I posted isn't wrong. The weakass "its easy to wax on twitter he should just shut up" appeal to authority fallacy is pathetic as well.

We can pretend like we're doing some sort of good fucking around all up and down the Middle East, but we simply don't have the capability to "nation-build" or institute democracies or defeat an organization like ISIS - our military is simply too incompetent to make a positive difference.

GnawtyDog

Banned
She's already told everyone she didn't personally handle security logistics for embassies, so this committee is completely pointless and irrelevant.

They're trying to make it sound like she was ignoring a call for more security, but the simple fact is that she was not the person to have been called for that in the first place.

And if Ambassador Stevens was continually asking the wrong people for help, then it's HIS fault. Furthermore, why are they not looking at HIS Emails? Is it because there actually WAS NO call for more security? That this was all contrived by the GoP?

What a joke.

They asked for 5 and got 5 I think?

Hazmat

The entire Republican party focusing on making you seem like the devil for over 20 years has given her lots of practice. I couldn't do it. I can keep myself from cursing, but I really can't control how often I roll my eyes.

GnawtyDog

Banned
The entire Republican party focusing on making you seem like the devil for over 20 years has given her lots of practice. I couldn't do it. I can keep myself from cursing, but I really can't control how often I roll my eyes.

Pretty sure you would if everything was on the line. Keep it shut.

Allard

Cummings just an agitator. Definitely needed...got Gowdy pissed and it's throwing him off his game.

Dems plan is to sabotage this and make it look as partisan as it's for the press and viewers. It's pretty damn partisan but you wouldn't known if the other side of the coin is not presented.

"Above the frey" is overrated. Otherwise there wouldn't be a Special Committee on Benghazi.

Precisely, any hope of this committee and Hilary testifying to better understand and perhaps get the 'truth' of what happened that day and how to hopefully never have another incident like that again went out the window at conception. This is a partisan witchhunt they have been disguising as some kind of non-partisan truth squad. At this point I hope there are 50 other Elijah Cummings on that panel ready to put up a fight for transparency for this farce because the Republican caucus actually lifting a finger to fix the internal issues (budget, rules etc.) that lead to the attack went out the window before Obama was even re-elected almost 3 years ago.

Oh please, it's not like she didn't do the exact same thing the Bush Administration did and pushed false information to justify military action and aid that absolutely devastated Libya and through it into chaos. That dude I posted isn't wrong. The weakass "its easy to wax on twitter he should just shut up" appeal to authority fallacy is pathetic as well.

We can pretend like we're doing some sort of good fucking around all up and down the Middle East, but we simply don't have the capability to "nation-build" or institute democracies or defeat an organization like ISIS - our military is simply too incompetent to make a positive difference.

But I am not saying that we are? I'm saying if you want to make a point, make sure you're putting the fault in the right places. I don't really disagree with what he said, I just have a problem with throwing blame just to throw it.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
50 witnesses with 20 more queued up?
this isnt going to be the last hearing is it?

they'll be more throughout this presidential race even if their only affect is to take time away from her campaigning

But I am not saying that we are? I'm saying if you want to make a point, make sure you're putting the fault in the right places. I don't really disagree with what he said, I just have a problem with throwing blame just to throw it.

The problem is that Hillary was Secretary of State, and she played a significant role in getting us involved with Libya - something that does merit a proper inquiry - and we're caught up in the melodramatic smokescreen of this Benghazi matter. It's not fair to let her escape blame just because the Republicans have demonized her for unrelated matters.

Damaniel

Banned
50 witnesses with 20 more queued up?
this isnt going to be the last hearing is it?

Not a chance - this things gonna get dragged out all the way to next November, at least. Hillary might be answering questions for these blowhards well into her second term.

HylianTom

Banned
The problem is that Hillary was Secretary of State, and she played a significant role in getting us involved with Libya - something that does merit a proper inquiry - and we're caught up in the melodramatic smokescreen of this Benghazi matter. It's not fair to let her escape blame just because the Republicans have demonized her for unrelated matters.
Be honest.. you'd love to nail her on anything. 😂

mnannola

How is so much time being spent on the lives of 4 americans that were killed in benghazi, yet the (thousands?) of americans killed in the Iraq war don't get the same kind of investigation into how we got into the Iraq war?

fixedpoint

That ship has sailed. Also for those not informed, I'm pretty sure the entire thing is well documented. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arab_Spring

Is this being recorded? I want to watch this for the lulz. GOP wasting even more time and money.

C-SPAN 3 archives all streams.

How is so much time being spent on the lives of 4 americans that were killed in benghazi, yet the (thousands?) of americans killed in the Iraq war don't get the same kind of investigation into how we got into the Iraq war?

That is a damn good question.

Furyous

Uh, Yes, it is fair to let her escape blame just because the Republicans have demonized her for unrelated matters. Besides no one is prosecuting any of the Bush administration so I'm not trying to hear shit about letting Hilary escape blame. Another fun fact: there were more Benghazi committees than 9/11 committees. Keep drinking the Hilary was wrong and needs to pay kool-aid Republican congressman have told you.

jebbenghazi.jpg

Bowdz

Lol, great way to start it off Republicans. Party line vote to release the full transcript and be open and transparent. Lol, fuck off.

Mirk

Jokerallpartoftheplan.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom