• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
People wanted me to switch and got toxic fast, started talking about the wall and how I should get behind it. Assumed I was Mexican and were just being dicks so I muted them all and got to work. They were a 5 stack too and it was a comp game. We won and I got POTG and told them to go fuck themselves when it was all said and done. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I think they were just quick scoping. Maybe the aim assist causes it. In the first clip especially it looked like they were just drag aiming (just holding the stick in your direction and pulling be trigger when it was over you, rather than actually trying to aim)

antitrop

Can't wait for Tuesday. Since the PTR patch notes, I've been making a mental note during my games of all the times the Mercy buff would have made a significant impact in the fight and it's a shitload.

randome

Is torbjorn the most ridiculously fun hero? I got like 30 kills in a row with him and it's just hilarious to see people try to destroy that damn turret haha.

finalflame

People wanted me to switch and got toxic fast, started talking about the wall and how I should get behind it. Assumed I was Mexican and were just being dicks so I muted them all and got to work. They were a 5 stack too and it was a comp game. We won and I got POTG and told them to go fuck themselves when it was all said and done. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I don't want to in any way shape or form encourage someone to pick Sombra and refuse to switch in comp, because IMO that is toxic behavior, but good on you for winning the match and fuck those guys for being assholes. With that said, I hope we never get queued together if all you play in Sombra in Competitive.

finalflame

If there's one thing I've learned this season, it's that I need to work on my positioning

#1 thing that makes me shake my head and feel tilted is when teammates are badly out of position. It's pretty simple -- stay near cover, do not overextend, don't stuff yourself in enclosed spaces with the enemy team where you can't retreat easily, do not give the enemy team LOS advantage/parity/fight around corners and on high ground.

antitrop

#1 thing that makes me shake my head and feel tilted is when teammates are badly out of position. It's pretty simple -- stay near cover, do not overextend, don't stuff yourself in enclosed spaces with the enemy team where you can't retreat easily, do not give the enemy team LOS advantage/parity/fight around corners and on high ground.
Nah, I'm gonna flank as Hog, miss my hook, and feed the enemy team 900hp worth of ult charge.

finalflame

Nah, I'm gonna flank as Hog, miss my hook, and feed the enemy team 900hp worth of ult charge.

tumblr_inline_o58r6dmSfe1suaed2_500.gif

KanameYuuki

I think they were just quick scoping. Maybe the aim assist causes it. In the first clip especially it looked like they were just drag aiming (just holding the stick in your direction and pulling be trigger when it was over you, rather than actually trying to aim)

Oh I see, just wanted to make sure.

Vitanimus

nothing stresses me out more than playing mercy and my team not putting 2 + 2 together when I'm spamming "Defend the objective! My ultimate is ready!"

hurr durr lets all go separate ways and then blame the healers for not healing me xd

nothing stresses me out more than playing mercy and my team not putting 2 + 2 together when I'm spamming "Defend the objective! My ultimate is ready!"

hurr durr lets all go separate ways and then blame the healers for not healing me xd

The infamous "I need healing!" from the other side of the map, probably while you're standing on the objective, alone.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The bad thing about not playing Genji as much as I used to is that I am significantly worse with him than I used to be

hanzo and zen projectile speed are the ones that fuck me up the worst. They're just similar enough to throw me off entirely.

aeolist

Banned
game 1 i got a guy who only plays symmetra on attack hanamura, of course they full held us and we couldn't do the same.

game 2 we did well on hollywood defense first round (i won the rein duel pretty hard), round 2 for some reason everyone wants to try dive comp even though we're not super well coordinated. two others pick winston and zarya and i don't want to stick on rein so i go pharah. people kept getting picked off by their widow (funny enough i never died to her and managed to kill her a few times) and after a few failed attempts at capping the zarya switched to widow and left voice chat, apparently to pursue a personal vendetta against her counterpart. they full held.

quit the game after that, no point playing if i'm tilted and starting a losing streak.

This games hates me. Just when I was about to hit diamond again, sr was 2994, it starts q'ing me with hanzos and widow mains and none were good. I'm at 2813 right now ;_:

KanameYuuki

So when you all are trying to learn a new hero or just practice in general do you chose that on quick play no matter what the team comp is? after watching the Pharrah guideI really want to learn to use her and tracer but most of the time there is not even a support so I go Lucio but I guess I could also practice Mercy and how not to just die with her.

Playing too much Mysteryheroes gave me bad habits like dying is not a big deal since its like drawing a card.

cyborg009

Banned
Got carried by a Junkrat player today............... what is life....

My roadhog thought it was a great idea to play roadhog when they were running roadhog, Zarya and rein. He was pretty much useless. Doesn't help with my shield constantly melting too.

It's the end of the season. The trolls always come out.

I hit 3009 and stopped playing for the season. I decayed down to 3000 but I honestly couldn't give a fuck. Nothing will make me go back into the hell that is last week before season end. I learned that lesson in Season 2 haha.

Anne

I feel like the only thing QP is good for is practicing hero mechanics.

Not even at this point. It just really sucks because I want to play with my friends I can't comp with, but game quality is abysmal to such a degree it is actually kind of insane. We queue with a 3 stack of DPS/Healer/Tank and still end up with a Widow/Hanzo every single game. If we go double healer tank or double tank healer, we still end up with 3 DPS :T

I don't need it to be perfect, but I'd like it to at least resemble Overwatch when I go into a game. There really really really needs to be an in between game mode because it's either comp for good games or go to QP which is honestly unplayable in how awful it is.

After comp came out, QP has just turned into the goof around whatever mode to most people. I don't know if there can be a no stakes compromise in-between the two that people would adhere to unless the mode itself enforced role picks.

So when you all are trying to learn a new hero or just practice in general do you chose that on quick play no matter what the team comp is? after watching the Pharrah guideI really want to learn to use her and tracer but most of the time there is not even a support so I go Lucio but I guess I could also practice Mercy and how not to just die with her.

Playing too much Mysteryheroes gave me bad habits like dying is not a big deal since its like drawing a card.

I pick the hero I want to play, it's quick play. Note: You will be hated for doing this

After comp came out, QP has just turned into the goof around whatever mode to most people. I don't know if there can be a no stakes compromise in-between the two that people would adhere to unless the mode itself enforced role picks.

I mean, LoL apparently has a queue where you pick a role and a secondary role you would like to play and it fills based on that. I feel like matches would be a lot easier/more beneficial to learning even in qp if you had to do that before queueing. It won't be a place you can run trip tank necessarily, but at least then you know you can play your hero without the comp being complete shit.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
As god intended.
I don't want to in any way shape or form encourage someone to pick Sombra and refuse to switch in comp, because IMO that is toxic behavior, but good on you for winning the match and fuck those guys for being assholes. With that said, I hope we never get queued together if all you play in Sombra in Competitive.
Lol, if your name is finalflame in game, I'll switch for you ;>
Not even at this point. It just really sucks because I want to play with my friends I can't comp with, but game quality is abysmal to such a degree it is actually kind of insane. We queue with a 3 stack of DPS/Healer/Tank and still end up with a Widow/Hanzo every single game. If we go double healer tank or double tank healer, we still end up with 3 DPS :T

I don't need it to be perfect, but I'd like it to at least resemble Overwatch when I go into a game. There really really really needs to be an in between game mode because it's either comp for good games or go to QP which is honestly unplayable in how awful it is.
Honestly QP could at least try to match people of similar rank together, but they'll stuff golds, unranked, diamonds and masters in the same match.

Veelk

Banned
Well. today was an "Overwatch was a mistake. It's nothing but trash" day.

This game is goddamn oppressive sometimes. It makes you flat out hate it.

Gorillaz

Well. today was an "Overwatch was a mistake. It's nothing but trash" day.

This game is goddamn oppressive sometimes. It makes you flat out hate it.
Likewise. I hate playing this game on weekends because I usually get the worst games but holy shit can not believe the awful today has been. Only touched it because season ends on Tuesday.

Absolute shit show.

Roubjon

I started seriously playing on PC and I'm so bad. Getting used to Mouse and Keyboard is so difficult and it's hard for me to focus on what's going on because of it. This bums me out.

Veelk

Banned
The problem isn't that people don't try, exactly. The problem is that the ones that try are always on the other team.

I played about 15 games today, and I had maybe 3 my team wasn't a bunch of chuckleheads doing stupid shit. Yet time after time, the enemy team had their shit locked down. Triple tank backed by Ana and Lucio or Zenyatta, Soldier and Pharah being buffed with an mercy that flowed out of range every time, Reinhardts that knew what the fuck they were doing. I think I saw maybe 4 teams that weren't operating like a well oiled machine.

I feel like a conspiracy nut, but there are days, and this is one of them, where the game just says "You are going to lose today. Every time."

Edit:

My life

Edit 2: jesus, why am I still playing. I dropped 300 points, this should be like my 8th loss in a fucking row, and even in this low, pathetic rank that I am in, competent players do exist...but only on the other team. seriously, why do I get 1 healer and 1 tank, while the other team has a soldier who maintains the highground with expert markmenship while Mercy buffs him? Why do I have to go up against the Ana that combines ults with her team every time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom