• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"P.T" Interactive teaser up on PSN Store

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got myself to open the door, stopped at the news reported talking about the father, and then just could not turn that corner.

I even used my hand to funnel my vision, but I just can't do it :(

I'll try again tomorrow

drotahorror

I figured out how to get a different giggle.

-Let alarm go off (bells)
-DO NOT MOVE or you will trigger the first giggle
-Wait for ghost to come out - let her possess you
-DO NOT MOVE once possessed.
-Let ghost music completely end
-You can walk to the radio and you won't get the giggle. Walk around as much as you like, it won't happen. But walk from radio to phone and you will get giggle.

After that first giggle I stood still and got a glitch on screen. *Gonna see if PS4 recorded it, I'll SS it.

I dunno I started thinking that you have to be possessed and get both giggles while possessed. I couldn't get the second one though. Hell I may have beaten it last night, but I had vibration turned off in the PS4 settings because I definitely had a 2nd giggle yesterday. Turned the rumble back on today.

Damaniel

Banned
I didn't, but it looked like it was in english and said something about being still.

When I had messages flashing on the screen, they were in German. I also heard a German voice on the radio once. Didn't capture them - I don't stream, and they flashed by way too quick.

XaosWolf

I didn't, but it looked like it was in english and said something about being still.

Pretty sure someone posted all of them a few pages back!

When I had messages flashing on the screen, they were in German. I also heard a German voice on the radio once. Didn't capture them - I don't stream, and they flashed by way too quick.

Ah, I was hoping the random flashing ones were different from the ones from the picture pieces.

I finally beat it. I played this way more than I'd like to admit, and strangely enough, I never got the 2nd baby giggle ever until I decided to stream it.

The first thing I figured out before I started streaming was that I could make the 1st giggle happen on cue. I thought it was when I did a few things and then walked right to the phone, but after reading here it looks like it's the 10 step trick:

http://www.twitch.tv/supremestarhawk/c/4901308

Then, while streaming, I got the 2nd giggle for the first time ever, only to lose the fucking thing:

http://www.twitch.tv/supremestarhawk/c/4901201

I think it was because I moved, but I'm not sure. It was like the vibration in the controller just faded away.

I kept trying though, and right when I was about to quit, I got the 2nd one again. Also, watch me freak out about walking through the door and looping again after getting the phone call :)

http://www.twitch.tv/supremestarhawk/c/4901255
http://www.twitch.tv/theworthyedge/b/557888539

Ok i analyzed this stream and here's what you did:

You looped once, first time you got a red light then the normal white one.
On the second loop starting at 1:31:43 you take about 10 steps forward to the radio, this gives you the 1st giggle.
The creepy music starts playing and you wait until it ends, you then go to the bathroom and zoom in on the fetus for a couple of seconds.
Just when you're about to exit the door the 2nd giggle trigger happens and you automatically stop, couple of seconds later and the controller vibrates.
The third giggle is triggered seconds later without moving or doing anything. Finally the phone rings.

Trying this right now.

edit: Didn't work :(

vypek

my friends and my game were in an endless hallway that you run through and all of the pictures have moving eyeballs and lips.. wtf

To solve:

Find the wall around the corner from the bathroom that has the painting on the floor. Above the painting is a hole in the wall. Stare into it and listen to the whole conversation then walk down into the basement

Sad that I gave up earlier on. But once I got to the red lit hallway loop and wasn't getting anything new I just had to give up. I was even scared anymore just annoyed I couldn't find what to do yet.

The solution:
Look for a painting on the ground leaning against the wall. Then look where it fell from and focus in.

Did anyone get a screenshot? Those things are our lifeline right now.

Here's some of the random text I've gotten:

(I think one of these was when I picked up a puzzle piece, but the rest were random)

http://www.smugmug.com/photos/i-6HBzHZp/0/O/i-6HBzHZp.jpg
http://www.smugmug.com/photos/i-J5c59MG/0/O/i-J5c59MG.jpg
http://www.smugmug.com/photos/i-GwSNHvn/0/O/i-GwSNHvn.jpg
http://www.smugmug.com/photos/i-5PtXxv3/0/O/i-5PtXxv3.jpg

I also recorded the man's voice, put it in Final Cut, and played it backwards, lol. He says,

"In the moment our hands overlap"

Cyborg771

Neo Member
Okay, so here's my working theory. As far as I know (correct me if I'm wrong) everyone who has completed it has been streaming. I don't think that streaming is necessarily the trigger, but having a microphone plugged in is. I spent hours and hours on this last night and more time today. About 30 seconds after plugging the microphone in (and mock screaming) the baby laughed the second time. I was looking at the phone at the time.

People who are having no luck, give this a shot and report back. Good luck!

Mariolee

I love that even though many people have reached the ending, the metagame of figuring out how to get to the ending is still going on across the world. Love it.

Okay, so here's my working theory. As far as I know (correct me if I'm wrong) everyone who has completed it has been streaming. I don't think that streaming is necessarily the trigger, but having a microphone plugged in is. I spent hours and hours on this last night and more time today. About 30 seconds after plugging the microphone in (and mock screaming) the baby laughed the second time. I was looking at the phone at the time.

Been looking for my mic for the past 30 minutes to try that. It's just so Kojima!

Edit: one guy who keeps getting it is singing the whole time through!

Albert12851

Neo Member

Going to connect my mic right now. lol Hopefully!

I just put in my Pulse Elites to try this out...not streaming...and I got the giggles....FFS

THANK GOD

vypek

Mic theory is great. Sounds like a Kojima idea.

I was going to say, go for the first giggle. And then during the silence, go and look at the baby and see if that will cause a second giggle or something

IrishNinja

No, steps DONT matter. Just saw a streamer get the first giggle without moving at all.

welp, so much for that

I GOT THE "YOUVE BEEN CHOSEN" thing? Now what?

@#$%

Kojima's having a million giggles due to our giggle woes

i'm almost kinda jealous at this SS level fuckery going on

Alrighty guys! This is how I got it:

I went up to the Alarm clock (looked at it), then I looked at the phone, then the radio, and then the writing above the door about Monsters inside of me, then I ran to the corner by the front door. I waited for the 1st baby laugh without moving at all. After ALL of the noises stopped I went into the bathroom and looked into the mirror and the baby fetus. The noises happened again and I stopped dead in my tracks. The baby laughed then the baby laughed AGAIN (all heard without moving a muscle). The controller started to vibrate and after that the phone rang (still not moving). Then I walked to the phone and looked at it (R3). It said, you have been chosen or whatever. Then I waited a little bit and went back into the Loop door. The screen went black, and it happened. Thankfully I was streaming so it was archived:

www.twitch.tv/theworthyedge

I don't know if what I said exactly happened because I was too caught in the moment but my twitch stream should show you how I really did it.

HOPE THIS HELPS!

....i mean what
how did this even

Kept looping over and over for some reason, when the bells were ringing. Then waited by the clock until the bell rang, walked around and looped a few times again. The phone started ringing and she started at the phone. That was it. She really had no idea what she was doing. She didn't stare at any radio or picture.

tumblr_inline_mig3piZYzo1qz4rgp.gif

Here's my video from me beating it a second time. It starts from the moment you enter the final loop/section.

It took all of the 15 mins of recording time from the PS4. Watch it all if you want! A lot of the middle section of the video after the first giggle is me just redoing the steps until the end of the video when I get the 2nd/3rd giggle.

Also, sorry if you find the commentary annoying. I was convinced that the game picked up on audio from the player through the headset or camera, so I just talk to make noise to see if it does anything, lol.

gonna watch someone else beat this in a way i can't at all replicate, brb

simtmb

Maybe i didn't do the last bit properly or something...but i did get 3 giggles as follows, and it happened the same way on repeated tries.

As soon as the music played i entered the bathroom and looked at the mirror, baby laugh, then i walked to the FRONT DOOR (with the swinging light), baby laugh, then i walked to the phone and heard another laugh...but nothing happened?

ZROCOOL

aka II VerTigo II

This work!

RedAssedApe

Banned

Wasn't streaming but I had a mic on. Seems like another coincidence but I will try again later and make sure I act the fool lol

Spoo

For what it is worth when I finished it (again, took ~10 minutes to trigger) I had my mic plugged in, and was not streaming.

edit: when I got the second giggle I was actually saying something to someone, and maybe the mic picked it up. Definately sounds legit.

I think this is really it, guys. After spending a lot of time playing the loop, couldn't get a second giggle. Then I started streaming, couldn't get a second giggle. THEN I saw this suggestion, plugged in the mic (and enabled audio for the stream just in case), and stared at the phone after the first giggle. I made noise into the mic and shortly thereafter the second giggle came, followed soon after by the third giggle and the phone ring.

I really think this could be it, given how immediately I was able to reproduce it after having no luck for the longest time.

Dr Bass

Ok so after playing it for HOURS and being stuck at the end...

I plugged in my mic and went to the phone and said "Hello!"

Immediately got a second laugh. I said "Hello!" again. Controller rumbled...

Phone rang.

It has to be tied to having a mic plugged in. I spent hours trying to solve this last night with no mic plugged in. I literally finished it about 30 seconds after having my mic plugged in and talking at the phone...

On the final loop and right before I reset it, some crazy ominous voice starts talking backwards. Any idea hat this is? didn't happen last night. And I still can't beat this

IrishNinja

Yup, plugged in my headset, nothing. Said a word "HELP!" and instantly got giggles.

oh my god, seriously? this is what i get for losing that cheap mic somehow

Ok so after playing it for HOURS and being stuck at the end...

I plugged in my mic and went to the phone and said "Hello!"

Immediately got a second laugh. I said "Hello!" again. Controller rumbled...

Phone rang.

It has to be tied to having a mic plugged in. I spent hours trying to solve this last night with no mic plugged in. I literally finished it about 30 seconds after having my mic plugged in and talking at the phone...

tumblr_m21qfm3UPj1qfh451o1_400.gif

oh my god, seriously? this is what i get for losing that cheap mic somehow

It's ok, I'm still fucking stuck. Now I'm just aimless wandering the hallway yelling HELP and HELLO into my mic like a crazy person. Went back to the bathroom and looked at the baby and randomly got more giggles. But nothing else is happening, still no controller vibration or phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom